What's new

Playground games

kimahri

CF Legend
So yeah... Due to coasterking and furie I just had a rush of old games I used to play at the school playground and Play park with slide and stuff.

As Erol reminded me Pile on was amazing especially with half of the school playing.

SLIDE BOWLING!!! That was great with a large bunch of people. One person stands at the bottom of a wide slide that 4 or 5 people can go down at once and the rest run up to the slide at full speed and slide down trying to make the person at the bottom fall over... on a metal slide.

METRO!!! Long conga line of people fulling at full speed ALWAYS sent people the the nurses room even if it was on the grass.

There was also a leg lock game I played in junior school where a large bunch of people would sit in a circle and cross legs over each other and 2 or 3 other people try to pull the large knot of people apart. I don't know how but no legs were broken during it. there were a few accidental kicks to the privates of both girls and boys.

So yeah.

I'm done.

How does CF fair in the playground games that usually cause heavy injuries?

peep

CF Legend
Mit deLuxe said:
British Bulldog

That game used to get lethal at my school, I'm surprised no one ever died or had a serious injury.

We used to play the normal lot like tag and stuck in mud. I'm sure there were other games but I don't really remember them.

tks

Strata Poster
Someone at my primary school nearly broke her neck playing tag. She went to jump over a log (about 3 feet fall) and went cartwheeling through the air. It was quite impressive to watch and a satisfying "crunch" at the end.

Playing the same game I also put woodchipping up my arm. Fun times!

Error

Strata Poster
We had a tube slide on my playground, so we had the classic "Toilet Monster". God we are rednecks...

Imagination came in sort supply at school. Accidents, however, were plenty. The playground at my school is as old as the school itself. They keep adding new stuff on as well, but they removed the merry-go-round which was my favorite.

Ollie

CF Legend
Kimahri said:
METRO!!! Long conga line of people fulling at full speed ALWAYS sent people the the nurses room even if it was on the grass.
We did something similar in Primary school where you made a conga line by holding onto everyone's shirts and then ran round while getting dragged behind.

We also played the usual British Bulldogs, Tag, Stuck in the Mud ect.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Kiss Chase! Boys chase girls/girls chase boys and if you get kissed you're out.

Off Ground Touch - something like tag but if you're 'off ground' you can't be tagged.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Stingball I remember was the true classic, 60 odd people legging around the entire school trying to be avoided by a tennis ball, several bruises from that game...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nemesis Inferno said:
Stingball I remember was the true classic, 60 odd people legging around the entire school trying to be avoided by a tennis ball, several bruises from that game...

We used to play a variation of that using a golf ball :)

We also used to play a mass kind of rugby too. Only we used to get yelled out for having muddy uniforms, so we did it on the concrete instead. 50 people playing rugby on concrete is damn good fun :)

British Bulldog obviously, but again, it used to get out of hand and was usually banned for a few weeks after the ambulances left.

I also made some baseball bats in woodwork class, so we had a spate of that for a while, was quite cool :)

Martyn

Giga Poster
Our playground had a goal at either end, but they were those low-height goals.

In around year 9 we developed the obviously titled "Playground football" where the entire year's boys (and quite a few from other years) would collect at morning break and play football for fifteen minutes.

It got ridiculously competitive, there were two teams (obviously) decided, the "Church boys" (because of the church end of the playground), and the "Domeos" (because of the sports dome at the other end). When more people joined they were assigned a team. After a little while people started making their own shirts, logos for the teams were made, every player had a number and people even started getting transferred to the other team (not sure what the fees were!). There was also a league table.

It was utterly INSANE because the playground was smaller than a football pitch, was made of concrete and the goals were small. Not to mention the fact that there must have been at least one hundred people on each team :lol:

And guess what? There were hardly ever any goals! Probably due to the fact that there were about 20 people on each goal line!

The league table was pretty dull too... something like:

Church Boys P 30 W 2 L 1 D 27 Points 33
Domeos P 30 W 1 L 2 D 27 Points 30

Madness!

Steven

Giga Poster
Rip Shirt: Type of Tag but brutal. I only played once or twice for obvious reasons rules: To get some one out put them on the ground any way possible to 'recruit' them lift them back up again. Last one left is winner or dead. The first person who is on is the person with there foot the highest in center or a circle.
We had broken bones, bruises e.t.c. but mostly riped shirts hence the name as the easiest way to take some one down is to grab their collar at the back and pull down hard whilst going back. Nurses though we where just playing tag until year 11 when someone got concussion when he was pulled down and hit his head hard on the hard cracked muddied ground. It was banned :(

Ollie

CF Legend
Steven said:
Nurses though we where just playing tag until year 11 when someone got concussion when he was pulled down and hit his head hard on the hard cracked muddied ground. It was banned :(
Hang on. You were still playing playground games like that in year 11? :p

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Steven said:
Nurses though we where just playing tag until year 11 when someone got concussion when he was pulled down and hit his head hard on the hard cracked muddied ground. It was banned :(
Hang on. You were still playing playground games like that in year 11? :p

Nothing wrong with that.

In fact we got to play British bulldog during PE.

When we weren't doing rugby.

Haha, oh God, we had TONS and I played at the park so often since it was right outside my house basically.

-Tag

-Grounder

-Army Tag

-Hide and Seek

-Sharkie, though I think I made this one up. We had a really fat slide and someone would sit at the bottom of it and the other people would have to go down, trying not to get caught by the shark

-Bumper, which I think I made up as well. You just sit on the swings and smash into eachother. Much fun, haha.

-Douche, which was played when I was in about grade seven or eight (we all made it up), which was kind of like tag but someone would be the douche and you'd have to crawl up behind someone, and then the doucher would have to push you down on top of the douche, so you fall over them, and fall on your back.

-We had another game where you form a big chain and whip eachother across the grass

A

Anonymous

Oh lthe memories

I used to play so many games, but the game me and my friends played most ofter, i think, would have been a game we made up called 'anything' where you could imagine yourself as any character from anywhere and then you would fight together (or against each other) to see who was the best.

Good times.. :)

^ Haha, I totally forgot to mention the games I use to play as imagining I was different people. My list would go on forever though, ranging from different relatives, to the Rugrats, to Land Before Time dinosaurs...

Dave

CF Legend
Fouling Football. No rules, except you can't hurt the goalkpeers.

Line up (or something)- Line up against a wall and either throw a tennis ball (or rare cases a baseball, why in a english school) or kick a football fully inflated at the wall and just hit anyone.

What you get being at an all boys school.

kimahri

CF Legend
Dave said:
Fouling Football. No rules, except you can't hurt the goalkpeers.

Line up (or something)- Line up against a wall and either throw a tennis ball (or rare cases a baseball, why in a english school) or kick a football fully inflated at the wall and just hit anyone.

What you get being at an all boys school.

Something a little less wimpy?

We used to play that "Fouling Football," without the ball. If there was a ball it was usually a rugby ball... and there were no goals.

And Dodgeball/lineup with a basket ball is much worse than a baseball.

Get with with a basketball and high chance you'll be on the floor.