What's new

Plans for the Closed Season

Swat

Mega Poster
Seeing as the Closed season is almost here, What are you're plans to pass the time?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Mine won't be bad. I'm off to Florida on the 19th of December for Christmas and New Year, so that's the Christmas holidays done! Then in February I'll be suprised if we don't get to Alton, then it'll be Alton on the 20th march for SW6!

We used to go to Blackpool every February, but it's crap.

Rach

Giga Poster
Saving for 2010!

Between December and January there seems to be a fair at the NEC in Birmingham that has taken my fancy that I'll more than likely go to. Which is around £15 for admission but includes 10 vouchers you use on the rides and each ride is 1 voucher.
I somewhat doubt that the Bungee at said fair is going to be 1 voucher though.

There is another fair in February that I'll end up going to no doubt which is £6 for a unlimited wristband.

I would like to go to Adventure Island in either December, January or February seeing as that is open all year but only if I have enough money and some saved for 2010.

Nothing is set in stone yet though, but all of the above seems likely.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I don't have a closed season!! :--D

So, I'll probably just go to BGA a couple of times, and maybe hit Orlando.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hibernate. Sleep 20 hours every day, and spend the last 4 CF-ing.

Or most likely, do what I do in the Open season as well, seeing as I rarely visit parks anyway (when you have a total of one park to choose from, and it takes an hour every direction to get there plus it sets me back a good 500, it usually becomes more dreaming than riding).

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Cover the garden in Christmas lights in November.

Sit on the computer all day.

Have the crappy event that is Christmas with...ugh family.

Go to AI for New Years.

Sit on the Computer all day.

Take Lights Down in January.

No Thrill Chill This year so Chessie for AP.

Reopen time.

Ollie

CF Legend
I have no idea. Probably just college and parties (if I get invited to them) until Christmas. Then probably nothing until March.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm gonna buy an Xbox 360 for this winter.

And probably organise next year's creds.

And probably get the Brighton creds.

And take my friend to get the AI creds.

And the Hyde Park Fair cred (assuming it's on again <3)

So, just creds still.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
* Stock up on DVDs and watch lots!
* Hopefully do some of the fairs in London
* See some of my old school mates
* Enjoy Xmas
* New Year stuff

Error

Strata Poster
Do college things, mostly finding and financing for my secondary college. I need about $30,000 per year in scholarships.
Got my first National Novel Writing Month.
Art.
Might even take up running (but not like Marcus).

I'm normally not effected by the off season, mostly for lack of doing...anything...

Snoo

The Legend
Running my heart out.

This off-season is most likely my last year of competitive running attached to a team.. so I'm going to be doing my best to whoop some ass.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Adventure Island a few times I think. But I have a lot to sort out (hopefully) in February March time with a move. So planning for that. But more than likely chilling with my new housemates and relaxing on the Wii. Also London just randomly a few times...

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
No off season here in SoCal, so I'll be visiting SFMM and KBF at least a couple times each and any other random SoCal park(s) are also possible.

The "off season" (which I guess is pretty much November-March) is my favorite time of the year. The weather here is great and parks are completely dead.

When do parks in Europe usually open/close?

STC

Mega Poster
CreditCrazy said:
When do parks in Europe usually open/close?
I can't speak for European parks, but UK parks generally close late October/early November and open around late March.

^ Even you guys have it good.. Later October / Late April or early May for us over here.. Boo.

Oh well, I couldn't imagine going to parks in March, it'd be wayy too cold for me to enjoy.