What's new

pixar

jokerman

Giga Poster
I think you're asking what our favourite Pixar animation is. In which case I will have to go with Toy Story. Still nothing can beat it after all these years.

Ben

CF Legend
Either Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., Wall-E, Ratatouille or The Incredibles.

Basically, they're all pretty good. Apart from Cars. Which was terrible.

marc

CF Legend
For me its Wall-e then Finding Nemo.

I love Nemo but always felt the end just went on the bit to long.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Moved to General Polls.

1. Toy Story
2. Wall-E
3. Monsters Inc.
4. Toy Story 2
5. Finding Nemo
6. The Incredible
7. Cars
8. A Bug's Life

(I have yet to see Ratatoille)

Error

Strata Poster
If I had to rate them like Matt did:

1. WALL-E
2. Toy Story
3. Finding Nemo
4. Monsters INC.
5. Toy Story 2
6. A bug's life
7. The Incredibles
8. Ratatoille
9. Cars

Lain

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Either Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., Wall-E, Ratatouille or The Incredibles.

Basically, they're all pretty good. Apart from Cars. Which was terrible.

Fail.

Cars is awesome, but Ratatouille is full of meh.

Wall-E is my favourite, anyhow.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hyde244 said:
Moved to General Polls.

No Poll, moved to Anything Goes :p

Lain said:
Fail.

Cars is awesome, but Ratatouille is full of meh.

Wall-E is my favourite, anyhow.

Lain is almost right. Ratatouille is meh, but Cars is far from Awesome. Ratatouille is a beautiful film, absolutely gorgeous. It's also really a bit bland and dull. It depends how blinded you are by the loveliness of it all.

For me:
1. Toy Story (the original and the best).
2. Monsters Inc.
3. Toy Story 2.
4. Finding Nemo.
5. The Incredibles (very similar to Ratatouille, only with more to keep you interested).
6. Cars.
7. Bugs Life
8. Ratatouille.

I've not seen Wall-E yet :(

My list goes on three things mind.

First is personal level of enjoyment at the film (I saw most at the cinema too which always helps).

Second, how it stands up to multiple watchings. Having young kids, you have to watch the films over and over again. How good is the film the third time around that day? If it can still grab your attention or make you smile, then it's got to be a better class of film.

Finally, it's how often the kids want to watch them. This is linked to number two obviously, but as the films are first and foremost kids films, you have to take it into consideration. If the kids want to watch the films time and again, then they must be more successful at fulfilling their purpose than the others.

Using a mix of those three things is what makes the list work for me. As much as I loved some of the scenes in both Cars and Ratatouille on a person, film loving, geek level - after three times in one day, I didn't want to see either film again ever, and neither did the kids. First time I liked, consequent viewings appeal was lost at a massive rate.

Lain

Giga Poster
Lain is almost right. Ratatouille is meh, but Cars is far from Awesome.

Bah.

As we're all playing the list game, I'll do one too.

1. Wall-E
2. Toy Story (the original and best... until Wall-E came out. :p)
3. The Incredibles
4. Cars
5. Finding Nemo
6. Monsters Inc.
7. A Bugs Life
8. Toy Story 2
9. Ratatouille

The middle bunch could all be interchanged, though, it's only the top and bottom I'm absolutely solid on.

Ben

CF Legend
There was not one single moment in Cars that wasn't dull and suicide-inducing.

Ratatouille on the other hand, was hilarious and moving.

Wall-E <3

Kebab

Giga Poster
Toy Story had it's most epic moments, but I have to vote for Mosters Inc. It's such a warm-hearted adventure and the characters are simply awesome, and the ending is the most EPIC cliffhangar.

Wall-E was OK, it didn't live up to the hype in all fairness but brilliant stuff! Finding Nemo was good, Incredibles was mehh, Bugs life was good, And cars is... :lol:

Rush

Giga Poster
I think I've done this before and I've probably changed my mind since then.

1. Monsters Inc
2. Incredibles
3. A Bugs Life

4. Toy Story
5. Toy Story 2
6. Finding Nemo
7. Cars

I haven't seen Wall-E or Ratatouille yet.

I'm surprised Bug's Life is rated so low, I love it! Monsters Inc has to be the best though, such an original storyline and Sulley. <3 I really enjoy the Incredibles too though!

Toy Story is overrated. Finding Nemo gets incredibly dull after one viewing, it doesn't have the re-watch factor.

Cars has taken **** to a new level.

peep

CF Legend
I don't think any of the Pixar films are bad, Cars wasn't perfect but it was still better than most of the tripe that Dreamworks releases.

I suppose I'll do a little list thing too:

1. Wall.e
2. The Incredibles
3. Ratatouille
4. Toy Story 1&2
5. Monsters Inc
6. Finding Nemo
7. Cars
8. A bugs life

I really can't wait for Up :D

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Seeing as everyone seems to hate Cars, i'll put my opinion in that my favourite's probably Cars. I've admittedly not seen Wall-E, but i've not really enjoyed any of the others as much as I enjoyed Cars. It was a shame Owen 'dullest voice in the world' Wilson was in it, but other than that, I was thoroughly entertained. The only one that I enjoyed anywhere near as much was Monsters Inc.

nadroJ

CF Legend
My list goes like this:

Toy Story
Monsters Inc.
Cars
Toy Story 2
Wall E
Bugs Life
Ratatouille
The Incredibles
Finding Nemo

I hate Finding Nemo. Urgh. It's too Disney, is the only way I can describe it. Of course they're all asthetically amazing films, I've rated them in how much I enjoy the actual film rather than the animation side of it.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I remember this being done before and I can't be bothered to list all the ones I've seen but I think the best ones I've seen would be Monster's Ink, Finding Nemo and Toy Story 1 and 2.