What's new

Pinewood Park

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Cheers UC but the yar is only 1968, we have a bit more time to go before anything like this comes along. :lol:

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Hehe! A typo that is quite funny. You must be board state side UC.

If you have any ideas for rides for this period feel free to put them forward.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
The fact that the park is only 13 years old (in game) fungus has not quite set in just yet! :p Keep up with the sarcasm lessons UC they are working well! :lol:

On a serious note at this stage of the park development I am jumping between years and the next update will be mid to late 1970's, I was thinking of a Tivoli Large coaster. Not too un-realistic for a park of Fungus!!! Ooops Pinewood stature.

Like I said any other ideas are more than welcome. Even your Giga UC :p

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Thats cool, I was only being fasicious (prob spelt rong) Im working on a timeline upto the present day. Im aiming for a realistic park including infustructure, rides and also working on realistic budgets etc.

Banta, got to love it :lol:

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I must admit, Im cheating with the first few years as Im rushing through upto 1982 after that I will be working to game years.

Cheers UC I think Im gonna need it. Keep tabs and give me tips and advice on ride options, they are always helpful.

I like the park. I mean obviously it's meant to be small and stuff but I think you're pulling it off really nicely, especially considering the fact that I dislike RCT3 to begin with!

I was making a geek reference, not a fungal infection reference.

Haha I thought you were making a fungal infection reference.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Pinewood has now moved on 10 years, it is now 1978 and time for colour pictures. The park owners have spent the last 10 years deciding where they wanted the park to go. After going to America they found the new direction for where they want the park to go. As soon as they got back they went to work on getting a new type of ride for the park. The park management decided to go for a roller coaster. With this Pinewood managed to get a Zeria Tivoli Large coaster. In a park statement the management said "this new attraction is a new ear for the park, with our planning constraints we have managed to get a huge attraction for the park"

So here it goes.

A view of Woodland Coaster from the path.

Shot0185.jpg

Two views from the Sky Ride.
Shot0194.jpg

Shot0195.jpg

The park management also stated that there is going to be large investment in new rides for Pinewood in the next 5 years.

I hope you like there is more to come very soon. Tell me what you think and what you would like to see.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Well Im skipping along the time warp again, time has lept on and we are now looking at 1982. Befor I show you the 1982 installment I will show you we at Pinewood added in 1980 and 1981.

Well we stated in the last post that the next 5 years will be big. With this we did not want to think that we will be getting roller coasters each year. We decided that we will leave 1979 without a ride addition to see how the new Woodland Coaster went down with the general public. (it went very well).

For 1980 we decided to install spin ride. This is the Octapus, a family ride which will give our guests a new spin to there day at Pinewood.

Shot0203.jpg

We the move onto 1981. We have had so much success with our new additions that we went for a new family ride. We now introduce Waveswinger. This too proved as a major success as the funfair area of the park has never been so busy.

Shot0204.jpg

Again we move on a year. It is now 1982 Pinewwod Hall and Pleasure Ground has now been renamed to Pinewood Park. With this the park managment have taken the opportunity to move Pinewood into the next step. The park is now developing the park in phased projects. Park managment stated
Quote:
We are looking towards a bright future for Pinewood. The first masterplan begins with a major installation for 1982 and will continue until 1990. We have big plans and hope to make this park the biggest day out in the area, if not the country

Now onto our 1982 attraction. This has to be the single biggest investment the park has had since the original development of the estate.
We give you Wirlwind. This ride is a state of the art roller coaster from Vekoma. Wirlwind is fast paced double corkscrew roller coaster that will leave you breathless.

Now for pictures.

Shot0206.jpg

Shot0207.jpg

Shot0208.jpg

As always from this part of the park a couple of views from the Skyride.

Shot0209.jpg

Shot0210.jpg

Hope you like let me know your thoughts.

Here are some general shots of Pinewoods Vekoma MK1200 Whirlwind

Shot0213.jpg

Shot0214.jpg

Shot0215.jpg

Cheers

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Sorry for the huge delay on an update, work was mad before christmas and with all the celebrating and all I neglected Pinewood.

So the year is now 1985 and the park has had a massive boost in visitor numbers since Wirlwind was introduced to the park. The decision was then made to develop a new park entrance direct from the car park and to create a new walk way from the train station.
Park management decided that Pinewood need a new and imersive entrance to the park that would include ne attractions.

With this I can introduce Market Square which includes Fizzywigs Sweet Factory Tour (which is the flagship ride for Market Sq). Tea time madness, Gallopers carousel (relocated from the woodland fun fair area of the park). Finaly The Flying Jumbos.

Without futher ado here are the pictures.

Shot0219.jpg

The old entance leading to the ne walkway to the theme park entrance.
Shot0220.jpg

The new tree lined walkway.
Shot0221.jpg

A bridge has been built over the path so that cars can get to the overflow carpark without disturbing the flow of foot traffic.
Shot0223.jpg

A view of the new entrance from the car park.
Shot0224.jpg

A glimps of the new Pinwood sign.
Shot0225.jpg

Looking down Market Street.
Shot0226.jpg

Another view down Market Street.
Shot0227.jpg

Looking back towards the entrance.
Shot0228.jpg

Fizzywigs Sweet Factory Tour building.
Shot0233.jpg

Part of the queue inside the Fizzywig Sweet Factory Tour.
Shot0234.jpg

A view of the station. More will come of the ride when my computer behaves itself!
Shot0230.jpg

The Fizzywigs Sweet Emporium, the shop you enter when exiting the ride.
Shot0229.jpg

A view of the end of Market Street and Gallopers Carousel.
Shot0231.jpg

The view from the Swiss Cottage towards Market Square. The Swiss Cottage has been included in this new area.
Shot0236.jpg

Another new attraction, The Flying Jumbos. This situated next to the Skyride entance and rowing boats.
Shot0237.jpg

A view of the entrance to Tea Time Madness. A tea cups ride.
Shot0232.jpg

Finally a view from the lakeside path towards Market Square.

The year is now 1987 and Pinewood management have been very impressed with the reation they have got from the guests over the theming and rides in market square. With this they have decided that Pinewood shall become an imersive experience and give there guests a feeling fo escapeisum.

The new development for 1987 is the creation of a new area called "Rockslide Lagoon".

Rides and attractions for the area are, Silver River Flume, Wagon Wheel, The Lodge Steakhouse and General Store.
Here are some pictures of Rockslide Lagoon and some of the other attractions.
Shot0238.jpg

The entrance water tower as you walk towards Silver River Flume.
Shot0239.jpg

As you walk between Silver River Flume lake and Valley Lake.
Shot0241.jpg

Looking towards Wagon Wheel, an enterprise ride.
Shot0246.jpg

Lokking from Wagon Wheel towards the General Store and The Lodge Stakehouse.
Shot0248.jpg

Looking back towards Wagon Wheel.
Shot0247.jpg

Looking towards Rockslide Lagoon from the otherside of the creak by the other entrance to the area.
Shot0249.jpg

The interior of The Lodge Steakhouse.

Silver River Flume is a Mack Log Flume that is themed as a sawmill taking advantage of the plentifall trees on the hillside next to the mill. The propriator of the mill Chuck Peabody created a long log run down the slopes of the hill. Feel the rush of the current as you pass water falls and creaks. As an anoucement states at the begining of the ride "Hold on tight folk, this is wildest ride in the wilderness".

Now for the pictures of Silver River Flume.
Shot0243.jpg

The entrace for Silver River Flume.
Shot0240.jpg

The flume lake with the station building first lift clime and final drop.
Shot0244.jpg

The station from the queue area.
Shot0245.jpg

Another view of the station building from the queue area.

Just one more picture as I thought it looked cool.
Shot0250.jpg

I hope you enjoy, Let me know what you think again. Next update will be 1990. This will be another big investment with what I hope to be a very individual theme.

The year is 1990 Project History has finaly been completed. This project has been in the design and build stages for over 3 years. It was started just before Rockslide lagoon opened to the public. Project History is the largest development the park has ever undertaken. Unfortunatly due to the project running over budget a dark ride has been put back a few years. Pinewood are still very keen to get this ride opened within a few years. What out for this.
alled
Now for the new area. It is situated next to the animal sanctury at the bottom edge of Valley Lake, the area falls into the valley within the woods.

The new area is called
Dark.jpg

The main focus on the theme is myths and legends that have become a major part of British history (hence the project name).
The area comprises of a pub called "George and the Dragon", a stage area called "Olde English Stage" and last but no means least an Arrow Suspended Coaster.
Time for pics of the area.
Shot0274.jpg

The Dark Age entrance from the north side of Valley Lake.
Shot0273.jpg

The Dark Ages entrance from the west side of Valley Lake.
Shot0280.jpg

OldeEnglishSign.jpg

The Olde English Stage and the show times that are on the sandwich board.
Shot0268.jpg

Looking from down the hill back up towards the entrance to the area.
Shot0272.jpg

Looking from the bottom of the street towards Raging Dragon (the arrow coaster).
Shot0270.jpg

Now heading towards Raging Dragon's entrance.
RagingDragonSign.jpg

A sign telling the back story and ride restrictions.
Shot0271.jpg

The queue entrance and station building
Shot0275.jpg

Just before you enter the station building after the queue has taken you through the woods.
Shot0276.jpg

Part of the queue once inside the building.
Shot0278.jpg

The dragon awaits it victims. Can you survive?
Shot0267.jpg

An overview of "The Dark Age".

Here are a couple of over view shots of how the park is at present.
Shot0266.jpg

Looking from the bottom of Valley Lake towards the house and entrance.
Shot0265.jpg

A view looking the other way.

Pinewood has now completed there first masterplanwhich went from 1982-1990. Pinewood management have been pleased with the results of the previous 8 years. The Dark Age was a major success with the guests combining a unique them with a very large roller coaster. In a quote from Pinewood managing director Tim Winterburn
The Dark Age has completed our masterplan apart from the delayed dark ride, which I can confirm will be going ahead as we are currently working hard on plans to open the ride in 1995. We hope to keep the ride story a secret until the ride opens.

It is now 1992 and Pinewood have for a long time looking at ways to improve the animal sanctury, with this they have expanded the zoo and turned it into an imersive experience to make it fit in with the direction of the rest of the park. This is the first development for many years for the zoo and Tim said he hoped that the zoo will be bought into the present with this development.

Here are the pics.
Shot0281.jpg

The new entrance to the zoo, now named KATONGA the Native African Reserve.
Shot0282.jpg

Looking down into KATONGA village which include Out Post resturand and bar, Safari Adventure Store and Cheater Race roller coaster.
Shot0285.jpg

Looking back upto the entrance arch.
Shot0284.jpg

Looking towards the Cheater Race coaster.
Shot0286.jpg

The Cheater Race entrance.
Shot0287.jpg

The Cheater Race from the queue. The coaster is a Pinfari Big Apple coaster which is aimed at the beginer thrilll junkies.
Shot0288.jpg

Another new attraction for the zoo is the Creepy Caves, not of the faint hearted as you will come face to face with all things creepy crawly.
Shot0289.jpg

Looking back over the pond and the new Primate Pass Show. This show is a fun and educational play which is shown three time a day.
Shot0290.jpg

Looking toward the new KATONGA Reserve. With its bridge over the plain to the viewing island.
Shot0291.jpg

Looking from the island towards the animals. The various animals run free in a huge field.
Shot0292.jpg

Looking towards the Leopards from the island.
Shot0293.jpg

An overview of KATONGA.

The year is now 1993 and Pinewood has been going through a number of changes in management as well as ownership. The park Pinewood have always competed against has taken a large interest into the park. The owners of Waterside Park have purchaced Pinewood in a move that they have promised that a large amount of investment will be bought into the park so that Waterside Entertainments Ltd will have the leading edge in the leasure industry, offering more days out of escapisum.

At the launch for Pinewoods new area for 1993 the new Chief Director of Pinewood Peter Symes states
We are proud to be able to say that Waterside Entertainments have this fantastic historical park in our portfolio. We hope to provide a top quality experience for all quests. With this we have taken the opportunity to develop a new area as a statement of intent of what we plan with Pinewood. The previous management had purchaced a Mack Pirate Boat and planned to install it as a filler attraction for their large project for 1995. We took this a few leaps forward and decided to create a new area for the park to link Katonga and The Dark Age. We also decided that we needed another ride in the area and build a new dark ride. We all here at Pinewood hope you enjoy our new area. As we say at Waterside Entertainments, Have Fun.

Now for the pics.
Shot0297.jpg

We welcome you to Port Royal. A Carabian/Spanish port over run by pirates, this area is home to the Pirates Quest dark ride and Cabin Fever boat ride.
Shot0302.jpg

General view of Port Royal, looking toward the food stalls and shops. Aswell as the buildings which house Pirates Quest.
Shot0298.jpg

The captured shark of Royal Bay and Cabin Fever in the background.
Shot0299.jpg

Cabin Fever with its entrance tower in the background.
Shot0301.jpg

Cabin Fever and Pirates Quest building.
Shot0300.jpg

Aproach to Pirates quest with the food outlets on the right.
Shot0303.jpg

Pirates Quest Signage.
Shot0306.jpg

Part of Pirates Quest Queue area.
Shot0307.jpg

Pirates Quest station.

This update has long been promised, sorry for the delay. I will now give you firstly the long awaited Fizzywigs Sweet Factory Tour pics as well as the new Pirates Quest pics.

Firstly I give you.
Fizzy1.jpg

Shot0318.jpg

This is the first room you enter. The picking room, where all the flavours in the world can be chosen for the famous sweets. The plants in the room are not what you will see in your garden center, these plants have been sourced from unknown parts of the world. The candy cain trees are our favorites.
Shot0319.jpg

The you enter the mixing room, the smells of the flavours hit you as you enter this room as the fountains and waterfalls mix all the flavors together to create the sweets.
Shot0320.jpg

As you enter the processing room, this is where the mixed flavors are magicaly into the final product. Fizzywigs Sweets.
Shot0321.jpg

Another view of the processing room.
Shot0322.jpg

Then back to the station.

We then move onto
PiratesQuest.jpg

Shot0308.jpg

The first room is the prison, court pirates left to fester for the rest of their lives. That dog will only temp them with those keys.
Shot0310.jpg

You then begin to hear a load of fun and fravolities as you enter the town square as the pirate celebrate after taking over the town. Mayhem is just around the corner as that is what pirates do best.
Shot0309.jpg

The pirates loot as well has burn down buildings in their drnken stuper.
Shot0311.jpg

You then plunge do the waterfall into the dark seven seas.
Shot0312.jpg

After the splash down you see the captain of the Jolly Rodger comanding his screvy crew onto shore to search for the forbiddon cave.
Shot0313.jpg

You then head up the cliff with the crew towards the cave. There is something not right as the air goes very cold and forboding.
Shot0314.jpg

A parrot warns you of what to come but the temptation of the loot inside the cave is too much, you carry on. The cave front covered by a waterfall that gets you soaked leads you into the cave surrounded by long dead pirates.
Shot0315.jpg

You enter the cave and you see for yourself that the cave has not spared anyones life. Can you make it?
Shot0316.jpg

You escape and you back in the station.
Shot0317.jpg

Finally the Mutany Shoppe.

Hope you enjoy. Let me know you thoughts.

Sorry if the story is slightly disjointed I have copied this from my original posts from towerstimes.

Cheers