What's new

Pinewood Lakes - NEW PARK

nealbie

CF Legend
To be the signature ride of the brand new "Pinewood Lakes" park opening in 1985 and including the world's FIRST zero-g roll element - Scorpion, a Vekoma Loopscrew......

Themed to the world of the Ancient Egyptians, Scorpion takes you on a death defying journey that includes a 110ft drop, high forces and three heart pounding inversions - one of which the never before seen zero-g roll!

ScorpionAirtimeHill-1.jpg

ScorpionBackend-1.jpg

ScorpionCorkscrewwithtrain.jpg

ScorpionDrop.jpg

ScorpionDropandQueue-1.jpg

ScorpionDropWithTrain.jpg

ScorpionElements.jpg

ScorpionFinalHelix.jpg

ScorpionFirstHelix.jpg

ScorpionZeroGandHelix.jpg

ScorpionDropandQueue.jpg

ScorpionQueue.jpg

ScorpionLiftQueue.jpg

ScorpionOverview.jpg

Planning application for two further roller coasters as well as several flat rides and amenities has been submitted and approved by the local council. The park is due to open in just 9 months time on Friday 15th March 1985. In the meantime, the park will release more images of their new attractions to build hype for the grand opening!

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Nice work dude. Pheraps change the queue line fences and add fencing along the path ways and thats an awsome coaster to kick off the park. Look foward to updates.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I do adore interlocking track.
The Zero G Roll is similar to my Bloodshed layout but different.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I really like it so far. The layout is quite nice and the progression of elements is very logical and realistic. Only major suggestion so far is that you use some path covers to smooth out the "curves".

nealbie

CF Legend
reddude333 said:
I really like it so far. The layout is quite nice and the progression of elements is very logical and realistic. Only major suggestion so far is that you use some path covers to smooth out the "curves".

Thanks man. Do you know if there's any terrain conforming path covers? As the bit under the corkscrew is bugging me too, but the "Path Enhancement" set doesn't conform to terraformed land. I'm using them everywhere else as you can probably see.

scw55 will like this next coaster then...... xD

The park's family coaster: Kraken!

Kraken2ndHelix.jpg

Kraken3rdHelix.jpg

KrakenBunnyhops.jpg

Krakendropandhelix.jpg

KrakenOverview.jpg

And awwwww, Snoo, you're such a dear <3

scw55

Hyper Poster
I wish I could build more Junior Coaster types. I feel like I have to use custom supports because I sometimes like coating the floor with scenery and it looks weird to have floating track. But I lack the skill to use custom supports on the more fringe track types.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I love your work so far. It is very, very promising !

I especially fancy your Arrow looper's layout : it is sexy, it uses numerous diagonals and looks damn intense with both airtimes et forceful helixes. You mind utilizing some terrain variations.

I'm not 100% sure, but Aceana Pavement Essentials may include Corforming Paths.

http://www.customscenerydepot.com/cslis ... php?user=4

Otherwise, try some custom trees and also, use more various terrain textures outside of lake borders.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
^Yes, Aceana Pavement Essentials has conforming paths. Some extra terraforming may be necessary, though.

I like the Arrow looper. Can't believe that people are actually using that set I suggested :)

The park's overall layout looks nice. The setting is incredible. If you're struggling with custom supports, use Weber's Intamin family coaster set or Mouseworx.