What's new

Photos from abandoned theme parks

andrus

Giga Poster
^I always thought Aska looked like a really interesting Intamin ride! Too bad it's just sitting there rotting...

TilenB

Strata Poster
I passed by what used to be Katoli's World earlier today. The park closed due to the great earthquake of September 1999 and sat abandoned for around a decade. It was completely removed around 2010 and this was the only little bit that reminds there used to be an amusement park there.
IMG_20190807_124843_compress18.jpg

Ami

Roller Poster
RIP my childhood, easily the saddest thing since the closure was so sudden. It’s still there, and according to my family back home, it’s an eyesore that nobody wants to talk about

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A sad shot of Tornado one of the very few Pinfari Z78s ever built. Which is sat at the abandoned Parque Grano de Oro in Venezuela.

It seems only 2 of these were ever built and its possible this is the same ride that was once at Dorney Park as the Flying Dutchman. However that's going to be really hard to prove :s

AP19169105516136.jpg

davidm

Strata Poster
"This is like Six Flags" ... "yeah, but in better condition"

Interesting urbex type thingy from big Chinese park that never opened (at least, not yet). Lots of basically complete stuff, just sitting there all overgrown and unused. Weird. Good video, watch to the end as they just brazenly walk out the main entrance :)

Its this place ; https://rcdb.com/10368.htm which was scheduled to open 2013/14 but never made it - some sort of 'illegal land use' scandal according to the comments on YT.

davidm

Strata Poster
Another one of those "hey look at this crazy abandoned theme park" videos ; bit strange this one as the park is inside this Chinese dead-mall place, but there's still the odd janitor bloke wandering around (even appearing to be trying to explain to the YT-ers that the park is shut and the rides not running (no kidding!)) and they don't care that they are wandering around the park at all.

It's this place ; https://rcdb.com/6337.htm

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Here's a video showing the long abandoned Entertainment City in Kuwait.

The video shows close up shots of Oasis Express a unique Schwarzkopf coaster and Lightning a B&M Batman: The Ride clone.

The park has been SBNO since 2016 but movement is being made to redevelop and reopen the park in the future with a tendering process for a new operator due to end in May 2020. ( See here - https://www.arabtimesonline.com/…/discussions-on-entertain…/ )

While i somewhat question the legality of this video (Dont try this at home) it certainly gives a unique insight into a park somewhat off the beaten track.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Lucky Star Park in Cyprus closed in 2019 for renovations which were well underway, but got halted at some point in 2020 or 2021 (presumably due to covid) and the park now sits abandoned. What's interesting is that they seemed to have done some shopping in South Korea from where they got a fairly unique coaster model with the old Grand Canyon from Bugok Hawaii among other things.

Sadly the whole place is in a pretty sad looking state and we can only hope it can re-open at some point.

TilenB

Strata Poster
An interesting bird-eye view of the abandoned Teine Olympia amusement park at the Teine Ski Resort near Sapporo (Hokkaido, Japan) that has been left to rot since the park closed in 2010. The park featured a Jet Coaster and a Mad Mouse built by Meisho Amusement Machines.