What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

nadroJ

CF Legend
OMG that would be fab. The dragon thing fits too because of their mascots. So yes, makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Not a huge fan of the front piece. I get what they've tried to go for, but I'm just not a big fan of it.. Maybe seeing a clearer picture / it in person will change my mind though.

Trains themselves sound good though!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I bet the front will be a fantastic ride with the horns.
But I'm even more excited about taron in the back now.

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't get it. Is it an animal? Is it a mythological creature? Is it a demon? TELL US PHANTASIALAND.

It's nice to hear about the new design features of the train. Can't wait to see a clear photo of the trains.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Reminds me of some sort of mountain sheep or goat. (But I can see the worm resemblance!)

bharal1.jpg

(Himalayan Blue Sheep)
Himalayan%252BIbex%5b1%5d_0.jpg

(Himalayan Ibex)

No doubt it's something mythical though. Looks like it has eyes or fangs too.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Wow, this train is really equipped!

In order to meet the promised performance figures for the intensive catapult launch, the total weight had to be reduced significantly.... The solution lay new materials, such as aluminum for the newly developed landing gear deployed.

:razz:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
So, with aid of Google Translate, I took the time to struggle through this page... Which in fairness, as a picture book alone, is pretty spectacular... https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... edit-text=

And this stood out to me...

It provides an essential basis for the absolute driving pleasure with route design. For Taron we have therefore asked from the outset a very crucial requirement: The track must have a major drama. We wanted to with its own tension create a driving experience that is full of momentum until the final permanently increases. For this purpose we placed the driving elements of the track like S-curves, airtime Hills and overbanked turns as tight as specific changes in direction and speed changes. Because Taron should provide on its way through the rocky landscape Klug home a fun factor that still holds ready a surprise until the end.

Equally important to us was the prelude: From the very first moment to bring Taron fun! A very strong launch was therefore particularly important to us. Taron needed for a drive which is equipped perfectly for the two catapult launches. The need for only the most advanced and powerful technology could be used, therefore, was essential for the realization of our objectives. Powerful Taron should be intense like no other multi-launch coaster and extremely fast.

If these design intentions are undeniably present in the product when we ride it, this is a really big deal.

Also, this is super interesting...

Intamin took all our requirements to the last detail before, the essential route dramaturgy through to guaranteed winter performance. Because so Taron can still work properly even with crisp freezing temperatures, had a driving capability to at least -10 ° C outside temperature are absolutely satisfied - instead of the usual attractions in plus temperatures from mild 8 ° C.

Taon can run to -10c? I wonder what features allowed this to be possible.

Amazing, though. Just amazing.

g_1060x600_01.jpg

I like this picture a lot. There was criticisms a while ago that it's kinda a big grey mess and I had reservations that the rockwork structure was a bit too... I dunno, non-conformist and would just look weird. But I also knew that Phantasialand would be embellishing this thing and giving the eye places to rest and what not, because they really understand what they're doing.

Taron might be the most important new coaster in the history of forever, I've decided. It lacks a stupid gimmick, it just utalises established contemporary technology in such a way to deliver a quality ride. I'm now hoping that this is going to be Skyrush without it's faults and with added bang for it's buck. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not going to have Skyrush levels of ejector airtime, but I think it's going to have Skyrush's drama, which is the best thing about it. Too many coasters feel controlled and refined and it seems difficult to produce an experience that feels authentically dramatic without relying on wood or roughness, which of course both have negative side affects. If Taron is like Skyrush, but more... accessible? Slightly less ridiculously intense, more comfortable restraints, then my god.

At the same time I don't want to get my hopes up quite that high, but I do believe Taron is going to pack a punch now. I think it's presentation as an overly themed ground hugging knot has deceived us all into assuming it's "just a family coaster".

Hmmmmmmm. What's everyone else thinking?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Joey said:
This will be a ride experience like no other.
Like you, I'm not expecting any ridiculous airtime, maybe a few pops here and there, but nothing sustained.

The closest thing to this project is possibly Maverick, but without the airtime or inversions. Instead of those we are getting an incredibly twisty layout, which with Skyrush restraints, will provide lateral movements on a regular basis, similar to Skyrush's twisted hill.

The positive G's of the tight transitions, especially directly after the launches, could tick an extra box of forcefulness, but not in an extreme way.
I do feel that the final 2 hills are unnecessarily trimmed though, as those at full speed *could* provide the airtime fix just before the end of the ride. I think this will be one of the only negatives though.

I think the speed will be a huge factor on the ride experience as well. Being so close to all the theming will emphasis the speed that much more, and I think that the speed combined with the twisty nature will produce a very exhilarating experience, especially for those who like quick transitions.

We haven't even seen it in all it's glory yet but already it looks amazing, shame about the front of the train though :(

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
The track must have a major drama. We wanted to with its own tension create a driving experience that is full of momentum until the final permanently increases.

Because Taron should provide on its way through the rocky landscape Klug home a fun factor that still holds ready a surprise until the end.

What's all this about a surprise?! I was only wondering this the other day - Phantasialand love building unique secret elements into their rides that you won't see unless you actually ride the ride. I know there was originally a rumour about a drop track on this which has been dismissed after seeing the ride layout and no sign of anything like it.. But.. Do you think there genuinely is a secret element at the end of this that Phantasialand have gone through the effort of completely concealing from us?

peep

CF Legend
I did wonder that, might surf the German boards later to see if they picked up on that.

Joey, the one thing that's now a bit confusing is how they're going to make Raik stand out, considering its the same track colour. I'm loving the comparison to Skyrush though because that's fab, surely Liesbergbananananananan is a better match though, with close banked turns following a terrain (albeit a fake one in Taron's case).

The ride should be brilliant though, I can't wait to see the train rushing around this complex structure.

In regards to the launch "feeling faster" etc surely that is connected to them stripping the train down to some crazy light thing like an F1 car?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm getting the impression this thing is going to be more intense than we all presumed.

I agree though, the intertwined kiddy coaster is a design concern for me... Public struggle to know what they are getting in line for at the best of times. But tbh, all of Phantasialand is like that. It's the park's major flaw, arguably created by all the great stuff.

Lofty

CF Legend
I truly have a feeling it just won't live up to the hype at all.

I know this is a silly comparison, but, Cheetah Hunt at it's sheer guest experience isn't that far off what this offers. Launches, check. Twisting layout, check (although CH's is stretched). Moments of higher G's, check. Minuscule amounts of designed airtime moments, check. The only thing this has going for it more is the fact it's a confined, compact layout and has an immersive environment in which it sits.

I'm truly not expecting much, which is a good thing because if it turns out to be fab, it's surprised me.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well, Cheetah Hunt always felt like it was just missing something to me. Immersive theming could be just that....!

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't agree more, Cheetah Hunt lacks so much. It could be a fun little coaster, but in it's current state, it just lacks any form of atmosphere? It's relatively tedious to ride. If it had some form of theming elements throughout the whole layout that tie in to the narrative of the cheetah, it might not be as bad, or even that giant 'dreamweaver' style of theming throughout, but it just has nothing but beige painted tunnels and a half-arsed river section. May you RIP Rhino Rally ha.

andrus

Giga Poster
Joey said:
Taon can run to -10c? I wonder what features allowed this to be possible.
I know that Mechanica at Liseberg is special designed to be able to run in freezing temperatures as well. The only modification needed by Zierer to acomplish this was heated hydraulic restraints (cuz the hydraulics don't work in low temperatures otherwise). I assume Taron will have a similar system? The other major factor would be different lube and/or bearings during wintertime to compensate for the colder weather.

Joey said:
I thought it looked like a big grey mess earlier too, and kind of dull. But it has grown on me :) And now when they're adding wooden details and vegetation it is starting to look really good! I actually kind of like that the track is all black too, and not some psychadelic Cedar Fair pastels. First off it put more attention to the curvature of the track than the colour itself, which I like. Secondly it makes it really hard to follow the layout, even on ride. Which will make for a much more surpricing experience!

Overall I'm really in love with this whole project! Someone over at Phantasialand has a genuine understanding of what makes a roller coaster great. That they actually conciously have gone for a layout with increased pacing, and with an exciting mix of overbanks, direction changes and airtime hills, instead of some bland gimmick is just awesome! Plus all close encounters with the theming which will make this ride fabulous; simply amazing!

mouse

Giga Poster
I think this will either be fast, snappy and intense or somewhat dull and meandering - it all depends on the speed.

Nevertheless it looks great!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re Cheetah Hunt... Yeaaah. Although, Cheetah's best asset are are those ground hugging s bends. Like, the ride's problem is its too drawn out and meandering. Taron, even if slower, will feel faster because of the proximity to stuff. So I'm not sure. On the one hand, I don't want to get over-excited for what may be nothing special... But the fact that Phantasialand have intentions which make sense looking at the thing and that I trust them to deliver what they say they will gives me hope?

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I agree that Cheetah Hunt's layout is just too vast and sprawling. Even if it had a few more moments of airtime thrown in, it'd make it a much more interesting ride.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I loved cheater hunt, the only pointless bit of the ride is the inversion. Im sure this is why it has over the shoulder restraints. I'm glad that this does not invert and concentrates on hills and changes of directions. I can't wait to see a pov.
I need to get over to Germany and see/ride this in person. It's a work of art, I hope it rides like one.