What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Trax

Hyper Poster
The issue I have with this information, is simply that it’s not from the park.
I don't think that Vekoma is allowed to share any opening days, if they even know of one. They might know, to support the park in the first days as they did for Taron. I can tell that Vekoma is still on site, I have seen some workers just yesterday.

The park capacity does not appear to me that much limited, despite the current situation. From what I've seen, it looks pretty much as crowded as usual during the holidays, with Taron regulary hitting 90 minutes. That might inspire them to open up FLY this year, maybe after the holiday to keep the attendance high(er). But I also see a valid point to wait until the measures are eased or even lifted, as they might hit capacity quite quickly with another major ride opening.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I am always surprised at how discussions become immature so quickly as soon as someone is pulled up on something. Why do you all care so much to actually put the effort into posting something that is not constructive in any way? I will never understand.
Ah yes, me not taking what someone has said as fact. SO immature. God, how dare I.

The issue I have with this information, is simply that it’s not from the park.
This.
The amount of incorrect rumours that circulated about both FLY and Taron was ridiculous, so excuse some of us for talking some things with a grain of salt. Some people on this site are so quick to attack for no reason.

Where's Brian when you need him...? ;)
You have to say "schedule" three times in the mirror for him to appear ;)

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Ah yes, me not taking what someone has said as fact. SO immature. God, how dare I.

This.
The amount of incorrect rumours that circulated about both FLY and Taron was ridiculous, so excuse some of us for talking some things with a grain of salt. Some people on this site are so quick to attack for no reason.

You have to say "schedule" three times in the mirror for him to appear ;)

And there he is ? No indeed a manufacturer does not reveal an opening date. I don't have the direct information that vekoma is 100% done in terms of testing and safety checks etc. But we can assume that they are done because they are not testing anymore. It's up to phl how much time and money they will spend in terms of theming. I hope that they are not holding back on it cause of the corona crissis. Like I said years earlier, if phantasialand was willing to spend the extra money they could have complete this beautiful project in a shorter time span. And all the way back when there were just some supports and some track at the park, they had no exact idea when they were be able to open this magnificent ride. Let's hope it will open this year. ✌?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Screenshot_20200726-160751_YouTube.jpg

Found a screenshot which I believe from the watermark is from a TPW video which gives a nice close up look on the Zeppelin with its steampunk undercarriage sitting inbetween the steel towers. Here it is also directly above the entrance to Rookburgh from the Fantasy area.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
He covered up for a child predator and got outed as a racist.
That’s a curiously strong assessment.

But, well done for making sure we all know how passionately you feel about the subject and how confident you are with your conclusions.

I, for one, was unaware of how passionate and confident you were. But now, we all know.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
He covered up for a child predator and got outed as a racist.

Sorry, I cannot judge if what you write is an acknowledged fact or a highly speculative rumor.

I am truly committed to respect national, ethnic, religious or linguistic minorities. So, if this guy obviously distributes racial content, it would be nice if you could make some reference to it. In particular, if that video contains any such content, I'll be happy to immediately remove the link. (Tbh, I was only interested in the sequence around that screenshot to see if there is more. From the parts I saw it seemed totally harmless.)

Otherwise, if these are just wild rumors, I'd ask you to be more cautious with such allegations and not distribute them here.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
If any of this was true, it would nevertheless not be a reason to question him as a source
He didn't question him as a source. Simply said its a shame its him considering the awful things that have come to light recently.

Nevertheless this thread should stick to balloons, walls, neverending circular conversations speculating at opening dates and occasionally F.L.Y. itself.

On Instagram 3D printed rollercoasters has shown off some nice modelling of the Vekoma flyer trains. Very intrigued for how they'll feel.
http://instagr.am/p/CC_r4L5osRp/ http://instagr.am/p/CDCb0RAIkUD/