What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
crappy marketing
People are seriously complaining at the lack of marketing on the first day they've reopened? I know impatience is a hallmark of this thread but christ you have noticed things have changed in the world recently? There is a global pandemic on at the moment people...

I dunno, maybe they have been preoccupied and focusing on getting the park prepared, approved with authorities and reopened safety for the sake of the business, staff and guests...
The original planned marketing campaign had the park's season started as intended back in April obviously can't and won't be the same now. Priorities, plans and strategies have needed to shift and be amended. They still need to work things out. All in good bloody time. We should be grateful parks are even reopening at all nevermind F.L.Y..

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Just wondering, those circles on the parking lot (close to river quest), are that the boats of river quest?
Yes they are. They're stored there behind Klugheim in the off season.
Which actually together with the progress of the hotel and F.L.Y. dates that aerial picture to around February/March 2019 then I'd think.
Screenshot_20200530-074752_Gallery.jpg

Trax

Hyper Poster
The zeppelins which were stored behind the entrance gate for the fire department and could be seen from outside have been moved inside the area. They are now on the ground left and right to the entrance from the Fantasy-section. And they started construction on the round base of the bridge below the first launch, you can see it on the model displayed as well.

1590830393088.png
Source of the picture: https://gramho.com/explore-hashtag/hotelcharleslindbergh

Currently, 90% of Rookburghs theming are just the outside walls, including lots of the rusty walls we see outside from the hotel. It still looks very bare, and the pathes people can take appear to be very limited. It's more ore less an "L" shape, starting at the Berlin entrance and going to the Fantasy entrance. Plenty of fences have been constructed as well, so the pathes are quite clear.

CaefProd

Roller Poster
People are seriously complaining at the lack of marketing on the first day they've reopened? I know impatience is a hallmark of this thread but christ you have noticed things have changed in the world recently? There is a global pandemic on at the moment people...

I dunno, maybe they have been preoccupied and focusing on getting the park prepared, approved with authorities and reopened safety for the sake of the business, staff and guests...
The original planned marketing campaign had the park's season started as intended back in April obviously can't and won't be the same now. Priorities, plans and strategies have needed to shift and be amended. They still need to work things out. All in good bloody time. We should be grateful parks are even reopening at all nevermind F.L.Y..

I was not talking about the reopening,

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I was not talking about the reopening,
Neither is Kenny. But because of the reopening they have other things on their hands than marketing a new Coaster ;)
If it wasn't for Corona, they would have had marketed the opening from april till opening (Like they did for Klugheim)

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I visited Phantasialand today and it was pretty full ? like 5000 People or more ,

From photos I’ve seen today vs on Friday. They are no longer leaving every other row free? For example on taron and black mamba they are now sending full trains?

Also talocan on Friday (before it broke) was 3 seats free between each group. Now it is only 1 seat free. How come they have reduced the distancing?

Sterrenstof

Roller Poster
How come they have reduced the distancing?

Distancing always seemed like bull**** to me. Especially in trains: if everyone goes the same direction, what does it matter if you pass the air your 'neighbours' were in a tid bit later? If the one in the front goes sneezing: it's on everyone anyway. :p

Trax

Hyper Poster
Distancing always seemed like bull**** to me. Especially in trains: if everyone goes the same direction, what does it matter if you pass the air your 'neighbours' were in a tid bit later? If the one in the front goes sneezing: it's on everyone anyway. :p
The air in the train is moving as well with the same speed - otherwise you'd feel like the wind is permanently blowing in your face.
The biggest protection are probably the masks. If everyone wears a mask, the fluids containing the virus will be caught in the mask of the infected person, which makes social distancing on rides kind of stupid.

Edit: Uggh I was thinking of a normal train, not a roller coaster train >.<

Last edited:

Ggolt

Roller Poster
A mask does give a false sense of security though. A mask will only help if distance is kept as well, but with the train movement and not leaving one row (at least) empty, only the front row seems totally safe. Some of the virus will indeed be caught in the mask, but some of it is bound to escape it and hit others. On the other hand, the amount of virus flying of one person in the train is possibly too low to actually infect someone too...

The thing is, there’s probably not just 1 correct theory to all of this, so one park may impose rules X, Y and Z, while other parks only impose rule X and Z.

Last edited:

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
I'm afraid studying the infection processes on roller coasters and alike is probably a bit more towards the lower end of the priority list of virologists these days. ;)

But, yeah, my guess is that the air breeze leads to a relatively quick dilution of aerosols. Whether this requires leaving out a row or not is hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's ok without (considering aerosols).
The mask, on the other hand, provides some protection for droplet infection, which I guess is important here. People are screamin – without a mask drops from riders in front of you may reach you pretty easily, I could imagine.
Mere distancing could reduce smear infection during the ride (e.g. if you have a direct neighbour, he/she might touch you unintentionally, which could well happen during the quick turns on Taron but of course also on other rides). I'm not sure how significant this is, from what I understand it's a subdominant infection process. But still, it's another possibility.

So, in that light each measure makes some sense and depending on how you weight them you end up with something, as Ggolt was saying...