What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

pvnks

Mega Poster
I think you may aswell wear a scarf instead of a mask anyway, they are about as much use as a pair of pants holding in a fart
3fa0bf653c22b68cc534993698551abe.jpg

ynnckstrm

Roller Poster
Where you have red it?

According to loopings on their official TikTok Account. I don't have TikTok so I can't find the comment mentioned.

They posted this a couple of hours ago, don't know if this is new content or just a TikTok version of the content they uploaded to Facebook a couple of months ago.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^It's from a Tiktok account pretending to be officially from Phantasialand. However the park have never promoted an account on their social media and their random follows and how they come across looks fake to me.
As posted two pages back the park's executive assistant said Rookburgh will be addressed once the priority of actually reopening the park itself is sorted - can't imagine they'd be Tiktok-ing(?) about it today.

Last edited:

J.C(o)asters

Roller Poster
^It's from a Tiktok account pretending to be officially from Phantasialand. However the park have never promoted an account on their social media and their random follows and how they come across looks fake to me.
As posted two pages back the park's executive assistant said Rookburgh will be addressed once the priority of actually reopening the park itself is sorted - can't imagine they'd be Tiktok-ing(?) about it today.

Yes okay this is not an official announcement but also not an exactly date. They just said 2020

Martini

Roller Poster
On what Page was i??

The Iron Brick

Roller Poster
What are the odds it will be open in july?
There is almost no chance that it will open in July. Perhaps it would be open in September if the works are progressing well ... But hey, these are only assumptions. And until the park has made an official announcement, it will be completely unnecessary to discuss the opening date of Fly/Charles Lindbergh /Rookburgh.

Envoyé de mon G3212 en utilisant Tapatalk

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
What are the odds it will be open in july?
Its certainly possible. But who knows by how much work was slowed by the lockdown (through effects on contractors or supplies, etc.). Taking Europa Park's Piraten in Batavia as an example - they were supposed to open late June but now its slid back to the end of July.
F.L.Y. would also have been opening in June but we can't really know or predict how much that has been pushed back now. As said after the park reopens it hopefully we will sooner or later hear more about their plans for Rookburgh.

Last edited:

Louis Heyvaert

Roller Poster
Are there people here who can confirm that they will be the 29th may in phantasialand? I’m courius if there are going to be extra rookburgh teasers in the park.

scragnoth

Roller Poster
I'm going June 6th and I plan to bring pictures back :cool: will be my first visit there, so I'll take pictures anyways. Also it's an opportunity to preserve how the park looked with the measures against Covid-19 in place for the future...

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Looopings deleted the post. I pointed out that it was fake. It already had 300 comments and many likes on Fb. Now you can see how much impact one troll has.

I agree that it won't open this year. It's marketing wise not a smart thing to do. Next year one month before it opens they should market the hell out of Fly. If they do that correctly, they should be able (if there is no covid anymore) to get the more visitors in one year ever than ever before. That will compensate this atrocious year for at least a little bit.

Matt N

CF Legend
It would not surprise me at all if Rookburgh ends up being delayed to 2021. I get the impression there’s still quite a bit to do, and if I were the owner of Phantasialand, I wouldn’t want COVID overshadowing my huge new investment.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I don't get the logic of opening it in 2021, if it's ready to open in 2020.

Phantasialand effectively marketed the living daylights out of Klugheim until last year (but even then, still pushed it a lot). They'll get several years of marketing and attention out of it.

What positive effect is there to waiting until next year? If people are waiting for it to open before going, they're losing out on business this year. For all the people are put off going because of Covid, there's going to be plenty of people who will still gladly go. The opening of a new area will no doubt increase capacity too.

There's also no guarantee that parks will be unaffected by social distancing and other measures in 2021. What happens if the situation is no different, or only marginally better? Do they delay again? Open up and realise that should have done that this year?

I just don't see any justifiable reason for delaying opening outside of 'it isn't ready'?