What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As there are access doors on those levels I'd rather think they are for evacuation. My uneducated guess would be that (if the round windows can be opened in an emergency situation) the height of the lower levels would be sufficient to get away with "minor" injuries when dropping one down. Above a certain height that drop would be considered fatal and a proper escape route would be required.
Unlikely. How many hotels have you stayed in where the egress strategy is "out the window"? ;)

If there is a ledge there permanently it's for access/cleaning/maintenance (hence also the doors), and I'm guessing it will have a man-safe type system. The barriers that are currently there are temporary only.

I'm more than happy to be corrected when the final thing comes through, but I'll be very surprised. :p

CaefProd

Roller Poster
It would be wonderful if they recreated the main entrance like the hotel wall with the chimney. I really like the rust walls, but they shouldn't add more rust.

What do you think they will add above the Charles Lindbergh entrance? I am intrigued.

pvnks

Mega Poster
You can see scaffold pole clamps all over that "walkway".

Like Hixee said, the kickboards there serve as edge protection to stop the very real threat of objects falling from height and clonking someone in the noggin'.

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
Unlikely. How many hotels have you stayed in where the egress strategy is "out the window"? ;)

Not that unlikely, actually. Of course, the primary evacuation strategy is not "out of the window".
I did a short research in the construction regulations here in the state (NRW) and it clearly demands a primary and a secondary escape route, independent from each other. The secondary route can be a "place reachable by equipment of the fire fighters". Windows qualify in general if they are at least 1,20m in diameter (which could fit from the images).

In the recent aerial drone footage you can clearly see that there is only one staircase for this hotel block. So from my understanding windows are quite likely to be considered as the secondary escape route.

If there is a ledge there permanently it's for access/cleaning/maintenance (hence also the doors),
Yes, this seems to be a very valid second use case.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This thread has been the most informative thread ever on Coasterforce.

I've learnt about different types of scaffolding, groundworks, how to plan a project with no time scale, 1910s German grammar, North Rhine Westphilia regulations, Phantasialand's ~90 year old neighbour and Phantasialand's super secrecy.

And walls. So many walls. Can't forget walls. <3

Dar

Hyper Poster
This thread has been the most informative thread ever on Coasterforce.

I've learnt about different types of scaffolding, groundworks, how to plan a project with no time scale, 1910s German grammar, North Rhine Westphilia regulations, Phantasialand's ~90 year old neighbour and Phantasialand's super secrecy.

And walls. So many walls. Can't forget walls. <3

And soon, when life returns to normal and the ride has opened, this thread will be lost to the unstickied depths of this forum. Never to be seen again, except by very bored people.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures from inside at ground level, showing off some theming detail, hopefully in a magazine/blog update soon

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And soon, when life returns to normal and the ride has opened, this thread will be lost to the unstickied depths of this forum. Never to be seen again, except by very bored
Ah yes, but it will live on in our hearts and minds. And ultimately that's all that really matters. :p

You can be sure that "wall update" and "no schedule" in-jokes will be here to stay.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Another look at F.L.Y. running some tests today.

Just the testing clip on its own minus the narration.

From Duron on PhantaFriends.de look at the repainting of the offices beside the hotel entrance.
IMG_20200326_095321.jpg.30d671387b6a369329c36b8a10919973.jpg

IMG_20200326_095803.jpg.45a9647fd9ed8ffb96011405a50f02bc.jpg

IMG_20200326_095432.jpg.2aed2bfddca870cdd2b65c5e522decb4.jpg