What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

pwk20

Roller Poster
I'm not sure, but I guess in germany we have stricter regulations and rules for buildings, especially when it's open to the public.

I really would have no doubt about a modern and new bulding here to be in danger to collapse!

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
As long as the structure complies with European norm NEN-EN 13670, which is mandatory, all should be well. Structures like these are calculated to carry loads way heavier than ever likely to happen. The problems with the LPS towers are obsolete design, overdue maintenance and the fact most were built to only last ~40 years thus we are often past their 'expiration date'. As long as the engineering bureau hasn't slacked on their calculations and Phantasialand doesn't neglect the property it should be safe to say the Hotel is safe to stay. (See what I did there??)

Besides all that I wonder, exactly how many rooms will the hotel have? 5-6 towers of ~6 levels each sounds like a lot! Also, I dare say the view from the park-facing room (s) of tower 2 will be wonderful!?

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
I wonder if any of us will live long enough to see it finished

When the construction is done from the outside of the hotel, Vekoma can start with testing. Which will take significantly longer than usual. Due the complicated trains.
Opening day in end of next summer will be realistic. So if you stay healthy and wont be hit by a car, you will be fine ?

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Interesting that they're going for a prefabricated concrete panel system given the issues with LPS tower blocks all over the UK!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...risk-grenfell-safety-government-a8592436.html

Not trying to get too political here, but to me that seems like a publicly-funded-construction issue rather than a prefabricated-concrete-issue. Germany doesn't exactly have the best track record either when it comes to this, but since this is built privately, I wouldn't be concerned. The advantage here is that if they decide to cheap out during construction, those same people will be receiving the bill once that comes back to haunt them, which unfortunately is usually not the case with anything taxpayer-funded.

Ralf

Roller Poster
After they had a marketing campaign with Klugheim claiming several weird "world records" the park should think about to sell the fact that their hotel is higher than the actual coaster! High-Thrill-Hotel! Or whatever.

Ethan

Strata Poster
After they had a marketing campaign with Klugheim claiming several weird "world records" the park should think about to sell the fact that their hotel is higher than the actual coaster! High-Thrill-Hotel! Or whatever.
I don't think marketing is the career path for you, sadly ;)

I don't even care when it opens, I just wish the park would give us something. The hotel does look interesting so far though, I'm excited to see what finishes they put on the towers and the bridges! (Assuming there will be bridges or walkways...)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I remember thinking the hotel would be a budget option compared to the other ones the park currently have. But the size of the rooms seems to be made up for by the potential experience they could offer. So it'll be interesting to see what price range the rooms end up being.

pwk20

Roller Poster
[...] I don't even care when it opens, [...]

Honestly, I think only the hardcore phantasialand fanboys and -girls still care about this project.

Due to the informationstrategy of the park I don't care about it anymore and only check the relevant sites from time to time if there's something new to see. When they announced, I really couldn't wait to get there, but in the meantime...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Honestly, I think only the hardcore phantasialand fanboys and -girls still care about this project.

Due to the informationstrategy of the park I don't care about it anymore and only check the relevant sites from time to time if there's something new to see. When they announced, I really couldn't wait to get there, but in the meantime...
I think the fact that you reply shows that you do care too... And that you are just butthurt, that your need for fast satisfaction is not met ;)
Be happy that there still exist things like this, that take their time to become quality products

Ethan

Strata Poster

My favourite part of your post is when you assumed that I'm not a fan of the park, just because I'm fed up with seeing photos of walls and towers. Hilarious. I love Phantasialand. It's my second favourite park, but even "hardcore fanboys", as you call them, realise that this has taken forever and the hype train is almost out of steam completely. I say this after reading through European forums, too, not just CF.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Lol, yeah.

I can't wait for FLY, but this topic stopped being interesting months ago and will remain painfully boring until trains start going round.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I had a really weird dream about Fly last night ( I think caused by the pain meds I'm on for my back at the moment). Mystic Dan predicts a ghost themed pre show with music provided by Rammstein. Was certainly a very odd dream.

Anyway I guess that's one more sleep until this thing finally opens!

Dar

Hyper Poster
Do we know if the hotel towers are free-standing or if they're going to be connected at the top to really make it claustrophobic?

roff

Roller Poster
It would certainly be a missed opportunity.
Technically there are no connections needed since every hotel tower has it's own connection to an elevator, staircase and the hotel entrance.

But speaking of the hotel, the fifth tower is now rising:

68F42F9D-1484-478F-A7C8-F587AFDEA253.jpeg.513bdc5814dc095ad098fe11c3698ac9.jpeg

You can see here on the left how it curves around the drop after the second launch, once again, it will probably provide great views!

curve.jpg

Source