What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm glad those hotel towers are taller than the coaster. This should hopefully mean that we'll maintain that feeling of being deep in a city/industrial district when we're in Rookburgh, and not in a big square with walls on every side. I'm excited for this, but please, Phantasia, just give us something. Anything. Just a smidge of concept art.

Ethan

Strata Poster
can't realy place the perspective of the first still. In which direction an from what position was it taken?
From the road, just north of Rookburgh. So, sort of the Wuze edge of the new area. You can see the highest point of the coaster, the hill just after the second launch, in the corner of the photo.

Rupert

Mega Poster
I'm glad those hotel towers are taller than the coaster. This should hopefully mean that we'll maintain that feeling of being deep in a city/industrial district when we're in Rookburgh, and not in a big square with walls on every side.
Completely agree, and one of the things that I think makes it even cooler is that these won’t just be static bits of theming, but people will be walking and standing on the walkways at all heights of the hotel buildings so you’ll glimpse up at them as you zoom past and the area will feel that much more alive.

Nikl01as

Roller Poster
I am asking myself, how they will protect the coaster. I guess there will be some idiots, who will trow some things at the riders.

spicy

Giga Poster
I am asking myself, how they will protect the coaster. I guess there will be some idiots, who will trow some things at the riders.

Easily solved with beautiful trains like these -

356d4f3ca8a9327caf4b1c129151ff7b.jpg

Dar

Hyper Poster
I like how all four faces are different, but they're all conveying the same message!

I guess it's obvious now that they were never really going for a 2019 launch, hence the lack of blog posts last year, but knew it was complex enough to take until 2020. Hopefully we'll start to see some magazine posts for rookburgh soon

Ethan

Strata Poster
I guess it's obvious now that they were never really going for a 2019 launch, hence the lack of blog posts last year, but knew it was complex enough to take until 2020. Hopefully we'll start to see some magazine posts for rookburgh soon
Do we really know for sure though? Tbh it would make sense for the original planned opening to be in 2019. Chiapas was aimed for 2013, (delayed to 2014) , Klugheim opened in 2016, and it's entirely possibly that this three-year turnaround was to continue. Nobody here knows for sure, not even our saviour, Brian.

TLDR: We don't know if it was planned for 2020 from the start.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I am really curious as to what they will do to immerse those 2 curves along the street. Thet seem to close to build another wall inbetween

Ethan

Strata Poster
I am really curious as to what they will do to immerse those 2 curves along the street. Thet seem to close to build another wall inbetween
I think the angle you have from the road is deceptive. I reckon there's plenty of space between the coaster and the road for a nice thicc wall.