What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
The second attraction (blue marked area) could be anything. It's not even sure if there will be a second attraction but due to the fact that Phantasialand has limited space, that seems to be a logical step for 2022 or later.

View attachment 5684
Particularly on the place where you predict the second attraction, there is already something being built atm. What it will be is not known yet.

However, I do think a replacement of the employees building to something related to the visitors is not unthinkable. But this would be something in the future after all other projects when the rest of the park is completely up to date and when they finally got the chance to expand the park (so the employees building is getting built somewhere else). ;)

Be_coaster

Roller Poster
Idea: the launch is very long although the topspeed is expected to be lower as taron because of the sharp, highly banked turns. Does somebody already considered there could be a "missed" launch? You'll roll back into the launch section as you wont reach the top of the first hill and then get launched at higher speed?

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Maybe it has to do with the length of the train? Hopefully the launches are forceful, especially given the flying position, as it will feel similar to positives (as the reader most likely knows).

Be_coaster

Roller Poster
Don't think they train will be much longer than taron's. Althought due to the turning mechanism I think it will be heavier so more effort is needed to launch to the same speed.

Peet

Giga Poster
Idea: the launch is very long although the topspeed is expected to be lower as taron because of the sharp, highly banked turns. Does somebody already considered there could be a "missed" launch? You'll roll back into the launch section as you wont reach the top of the first hill and then get launched at higher speed?
I like your imagination, but nope. Intamin make the most powerful launches in the World, I would expect FLY's to be less powerful than Taron's and therefore be physically longer to reach a certain speed.

roff

Roller Poster
Don't think they train will be much longer than taron's. Althought due to the turning mechanism I think it will be heavier so more effort is needed to launch to the same speed.

They will be much longer, the stations (just the onload) length is about 28 meters.
They need to be really long as well if they want to have some form of acceptable capacity, with 2 people per row and a lot of space between rows for the turning mechanism. (Just take another look at the Vekoma concept art)

Nico98

Roller Poster
So I read, that maybe the length of the Launchpart has something to do with the restart after a rollback-situation.
So the launch must speed up the train out of the stand, so that the power is enough to pass the train through the rest of the track, back to the station.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Nico98, no F.L.Y. has TWO (2) launches, one after the pre lift and turn and a second one (Purple track parts_see image)

20190717_215857.jpgsee image)

Last edited:

Be_coaster

Roller Poster
They will be much longer, the stations (just the onload) length is about 28 meters.
They need to be really long as well if they want to have some form of acceptable capacity, with 2 people per row and a lot of space between rows for the turning mechanism. (Just take another look at the Vekoma concept art)
Good point. Would have been Nice tough ?

Frisbee

Roller Poster
Would be realy great if the locals could check out the latest progress of this special place and upload some pics.

thanks a lot!!!!

tf3

Roller Poster
New Pics from PhantabulöserSebi @ phantafriends Forum.FAF223E0-B5DB-4D3B-9859-401399B3EB63.jpeg.a96eb05dfb8742f07c5597080a1a153c.jpeg

7A9FBC9D-D1FA-4482-99FB-A9E9200E0192.jpeg.2bfcfa866b1f143ffd61e3bcea0b60d4.jpg

EDCF7212-13A1-4B5D-B9A1-EB2961392011.jpeg.210c954c087efe0033d71eec6711a45f.jpeg

They are working on different areas right now. But with the progress of concrete work,
the insight into the construction site is becoming less and less.

Actually they are pulling up the Hotel complexes. But they also continuing with theming works @ the inside of MAC Wall.
Vekoma technicians were also spotted.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Thanks for the great pictures! Maybe you should cut out the lower left corner of the first picture for privacy reasons. BTW, I didn't know that the construction site is *so* close to that house...

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Thanks for the great pictures! Maybe you should cut out the lower left corner of the first picture for privacy reasons. BTW, I didn't know that the construction site is *so* close to that house...
Yup its directly beside. Although that one visible is empty and now owned by the park - the other attached house not visible to the left is still occupied.
There were another 2 houses beside them but these were bought and demolished for Rookburgh.

5 days old now but a few more pictures with explanations from my last visit.

The other built rooms on the lower floors have had their doors fitted - not themed yet but they have a small circular window/porthole as seen in the hotel concept arts.
Room construction as been quickly progressing at Tower 1, Tower 2 and now also Tower 3.

MrRC

Mega Poster
I have a question about the number of inversions of F.L.Y.

Who can tell me how many inversions F.L.Y. will have ?
I believe it only with images.