What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
So instead of the theorised prefabricated capusles/tubes for the hotel rooms - the hotel room construction has now begun but using prefabricated concrete sections.
These have been assembled to form a number of rooms in the two hotel towers on the Wuze side of the site. One tower already has 2 floors of 5 rooms each; and the other 1 floor of 5.
They can be seen in the aerial picture on the previous page. Room 4 + 5 on the left tower and the next floor level above ready for the next rooms have been completed since the picture was taken.
20190712_162319.jpg

While the construction of the rooms has been happening quickly, and presumably continue so for all 4 towers. Obviously this does mean each room will need to be individually furnished and themed like normal.
Otherwise theming work continues, especially on the Berlin facing facade of the sound barrier wall.
20190712_094048.jpg

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Looks like the rooms itself do come prefabricated after all?

View attachment 5597
All the rooms currently built up are from prefab concrete segments each with a normal door (so no slotting modules into the concrete or anything like that).
Where that thing comes into it now I don't know. I did keep an eye out for it after seeing the picture on PhantaFriends but it was no where to be seen today (although with how built up the area is it would be easy to miss). Possibly there are some different rooms in the other towers maybe?

Nico98

Roller Poster

What I find very fascinating is how much Rookburgh is self-contained.

The only corridor that leads directly to Rookburgh based on recent pictures is the Fantasy Gate.

Neither the gate at Mouse au Chocolate:

Passes the Demarcating Wall and forms the access road that used to be here.

Still the portal in Berlin:

Here the connection does not open to me, just because the back of the wall, which spans the theme area, is unthematized and you land so far without connection to the above-mentioned access road.

In any case, one leaves open the option to change / replace the Berlin entrance and the administration building, both are almost a building complex and located on the edge of Rookburgh. And right next to it is also just a building under construction, which could belong to the hotel.

And on the other hand, you leave that one odef another open.

I'm very curious how it all will be

Ethan

Strata Poster
I know part of it is taken up by the station, but I'd love it if they've snuck an omnimover/trackless darkride to replace silbermine in the red section

View attachment 5621
The second launch and brakes are there too, so unfortunately, I doubt it'll be anything more than that. I doubt they'll be queue line in there either given the placement of it. But we can dream! :)

Also, can we talk about how great that Berlin mural is above the exit to the street? I love.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Not quite, the entrance is just to the left of that, it even says Berlin at the top.

View attachment 5620
Woops, I did not see this picture yet... I guess it wasn't on the forum yet? Thanks for showing it! :)

I thought the entrance was under the themed construction next to it.

If you got more pictures or just better quality ones, please share them. ?

Last edited:

Frisbee

Roller Poster
well Silbermine was replaced by Mouse au Chocolat.

The marked space in the basement of Fly will be used for the station, Q-line and the darkride part of fly and emergency exits. So there won't be any space for an additional darkride I guess.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
A new large steel framework has been erected around part of the 1st launch of F.L.Y. for the theming structure seen in the model revealed back in April.
20190717_123521.jpg

20190717_124156.jpg

On PhantaFriends.de user PHL-Marcus predicts this is the structure in question.
testt.thumb.png.bd846a63e26803380a8b6e1f0359aed2.png

The hotel continues to rapidly grow. Since I last looked last Friday Tower 2 has had a whole new floor of 5 rooms installed.
20190717_215857.jpg

So I think if I've observed correctly, the current room total now stands at:
Tower 1 = 2 floors of 5 rooms
Tower 2 = 3 floors of 5 rooms (well it might actually only be 2 floors of rooms, the bottom floor of the building can't be seen so whether rooms or something else is using this space I'm not certain)

Last edited:

Be_coaster

Roller Poster
I know part of it is taken up by the station, but I'd love it if they've snuck an omnimover/trackless darkride to replace silbermine in the red section

View attachment 5621

Following picture gives a good idea of what is underneath the concrete.

A full dark ride isn't possible i think although maybe they can squeeze in a flat ride... If one park that's capabel of it, it will be PHL.

sketch-1563403311521.jpg

heise_marcus

Roller Poster
A new large steel framework has been erected around part of the 1st launch of F.L.Y. for the theming structure seen in the model revealed back in April.
20190717_123521.jpg

20190717_124156.jpg

On PhantaFriends.de user PHL-Marcus predicts this is the structure in question.
testt.thumb.png.bd846a63e26803380a8b6e1f0359aed2.png

The hotel continues to rapidly grow. Since I last looked last Friday Tower 2 has had a whole new floor of 5 rooms installed.
20190717_215857.jpg

So I think if I've observed correctly, the current room total now stands at:
Tower 1 = 2 floors of 5 rooms
Tower 2 = 3 floors of 5 rooms (well it might actually only be 2 floors of rooms, the bottom floor of the building can't be seen so whether rooms or something else is using this space I'm not certain)

I get the towers But what is the whole withe Thing? All Hotel? So everything around the launches is Hotel?

Frisbee

Roller Poster
The hotel will have a main building. This one is located at the top left corner and connects to the four hotel towers.

Phantasialand is always planning years ahead. So I guess that the area has space for enhancements in 2022 (or later) which include a second attraction and a 5th hotel tower.

The second attraction (blue marked area) could be anything. It's not even sure if there will be a second attraction but due to the fact that Phantasialand has limited space, that seems to be a logical step for 2022 or later.

That second attraction could be seen as replacement for Race for Atlantis and the Silbermine - so it could be a modern darkride or simulator.
What do you think?

hotel.jpg