What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^ Sounds great
But what about the iron wall construction (for the facades of the steampunk houses) of which is being built against the back of the Berlin buildings (so also the back of this bakery)... It is blocking the possible walkway through the bakery building?

If I see it well on all the pictures of the construction site, the access road which goes from the Berggeiststraße underneath the office building to the Kaizerplatz will still be there...as a emergency exit? Which brings me to the question how they're going to connect the pathway through the bakery building to the Rookburgh area when this access way/emergency exit needs to stay open? It could be done with just a wooden movable fence at both sides of the walkway but I can't imagine this bc Phantasialand would put immersive theming everywhere, even on pathway.
However the Berlin is a few metres below ground level (you have to walk down steps at the Berlin entrance) therefore under the level of those facades.
Looking at the aerial photos from November you can see these openings (circled in red) in the concrete under the facades and the emergency roadway
28514344_1744204992312278_1961397410986318601_o.jpg

And directly behind those openings is the blue bakery building (circled in blue) that has just been demolished.
So you'll walk through these large tunnels it seems and then come out into Rookburgh (and going by the aerial image the coaster will pass straight overhead at that spot).

Actually this old graphic of the site back in August from PhantaFriends shows it better.
59b63e4c40c8c_Grafik2.thumb.png.50d08e176351d7e9cbf83a95aab29561.png

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Oh, thanks for the update! I didn't noticed yet that the tunnel is underneath the emergency roadway.

Interesting subject although. Any speculations of where the new bakery will be? Or isn't there going to be one anymore you guess?

I'm very curious what other refurbishments they're doing in the rest of the park now. I hope this month will pass soon so we can visit and discover what has been changed.

I hope the new entrance of River Quest will be in use at the start of the season. Probably they also did again some refurbishments of the rockwork in Deep in Africa and maybe they'll surprise us with some little changes on Colorado Adventure already. We'll see.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Is it not possible that they are simply doing up the waffle bakery? It wouldn't make sense to start constructing the pathway between Berlin and Rookburgh in the off season of 2018 when the area isn't opening until next year. Surely they would be able to create the pathway/access route over next year's closed season instead?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Is it not possible that they are simply doing up the waffle bakery? It wouldn't make sense to start constructing the pathway between Berlin and Rookburgh in the off season of 2018 when the area isn't opening until next year. Surely they would be able to create the pathway/access route over next year's closed season instead?
Putting a bulldozer through it is an odd way to renovate something in my opinion.
It has just been demolished and there's only 18 days until the park reopens. It's definitely a part of Rookburgh. Why it had to be done now who knows? Maybe there's a reason for it being this far in advance or perhaps they will just want a head start. If Rookburgh opens for the start of the 2019 season (not saying it will but it could) I'm sure they'll be busy enough in that off season as it is.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
EXPOSED?
An hour ago I posted my reaction (which is down below) on a topic about Phantasialand on the Dutch themepark website Looopings.nl:

UPDATE:
1. White construction fences around the bakery and on the back on the Rookburgh site a tunnel: the bakery is converted into passage to Rookburgh. 00:43
2. The Schauspielhaus is going to be the new guestservice. 00:56

⚠ ⚠ ⚠
In less than 5 minutes my post got removed because of spam. Maybe because the speculations are true and/or that site Looopings.nl wants the scoop.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
EXPOSED?
An hour ago I posted my reaction (which is down below) on a topic about Phantasialand on the Dutch themepark website Looopings.nl:

UPDATE:
1. White construction fences around the bakery and on the back on the Rookburgh site a tunnel: the bakery is converted into passage to Rookburgh. 00:43
2. The Schauspielhaus is going to be the new guestservice. 00:56

⚠ ⚠ ⚠
In less than 5 minutes my post got removed because of spam. Maybe because the speculations are true and/or that site Looopings.nl wants the scoop.
All I have to say is Looopings.nl are scum so nothing would really surprise me.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
As mentioned before the Waffle Bakery is spread across three buildings. It had been previously reported that the blue building (pictured below), which houses the middle section of the bakery, had been removed but it turns out this is incorrect. It is actually the building, with a white facade, to the left of it that has been removed.
index.php

On this picture on Instagram, taken from a room in Hotel Matamba, you can see the gap created by the missing facade between the Cafe and remaining parts of the Bakery. There are only steel frames there now.
index.php

Aerial view of the now removed building from RideonBlog.de.
9508647d1520858436-2018-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-phantasialand-testt.png

This is almost certainly for creating a large passageway into Rookburgh, connecting with the tunnel that has been built behind (see a few posts above).

Apparently on the actual construction site itself not much has changed since January. Tobi on PhantaFriends.de has confirmed that no more track has been erected.

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
Hopefully construction starts to pick up more once the season starts. I really can't wait to see the finished product!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
A visitor to a corporate buy out day in the park today got this picture of the removed Berlin building. Wonder how they will finish it off or cover it up once the 2018 season starts in just under 2 weeks. The current temporary fence blocking half the street obviously won't be the long term set up.

29136672_1631807366856984_3615559343002353664_o.jpg

Source: Marcus Schmidke @ Achterbahn-Fans-Deutschland Facebook group
The part of the bakery that served waffles is still standing (many fans were very worried), the removed building housed a crepes stall - not a loss to the line up given that the park added a new Crepes stall in 2016 as part of Klugheim.

Graphic from PhantaFriends.de showing the future connection to Rookburgh.
Berlin-Rookburgh.png.9d65c35bcc262a3fe0e1e6050624e087.png

EDITED

Last edited:

Bluegamesful

Roller Poster
The picture is simply a missing building, nothing all that exciting. You can’t see it because Freizeitparkcheck requires outsiders to register to view „their“ content, in this case a picture not taken by them, but they put their logo on it regardless.

Anyways, I dont think they will rebuild the facade, maybe a wall with some holes to look at the site like they did with Taron but more likely just construction fences.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
The picture is simply a missing building, nothing all that exciting. You can’t see it because Freizeitparkcheck requires outsiders to register to view „their“ content, in this case a picture not taken by them, but they put their logo on it regardless.

Anyways, I dont think they will rebuild the facade, maybe a wall with some holes to look at the site like they did with Taron but more likely just construction fences.

Well, I hope you're wrong about they won't rebuild a facade because now the view of the mainstreet is destroyed imo.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Well, I hope you're wrong about they won't rebuild a facade because now the view of the mainstreet is destroyed imo.
They will definitely build a new facade. Question is will they get in done before the park reopens on 24th March, or will they have a temporary wall and build the new facade in the off season next year?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster

The park has opened today for the 2018 Summer Season, so here we can now see the demolished Berlin street building has been replaced with this riveted steel archway (very fitting for an entrance to the steampunk world of Rookburgh).

EDIT: Having had another look it turns out there is actually a glass roof/canopy over the alleyway behind the archways.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I quite like the archway. But it's obvious that it is very much a work in progress. And I'm sure once finished it will look a lot better. (Also bear in mind my photos there aren't the best and it looks nicer in real life).
FB_IMG_1521878593328.thumb.jpg.233279a61aa7c173de8ac3bbcb5c7324.jpg

With regards to the actual construction site itself. Universal Rocks are hard at work on the front of this building (as seen in this photo from back in October).
031017corn.jpg

Scaffolding is up around it and the front of the building is covered with a base layer of concrete for the detailed themed facade to created on top of. The supports for the inversion and the track that passes through it have been wrapped in blue tarpaulins to protect them. There has been some work on the side of the building facing out into the main area and it looks to me as if there could be a clock face (or a fake circular window) on that side inbetween the the two towers (which cover the inversion's two supports).

In the pit itself the earth ramp that was there for construction vehicles access has been completely cleared away, now opening up the entire site for them to build on. The site is truly now a pit. Across the centre of the site they have built various foundations and the starts of walls are visable (for what will be buildings and tunnels presumably).
There are only a few patches of ground and piles of rubble left which haven't been built on yet.

I saw a few completed footers, ready for supports. And there were quite a few anchor baskets sitting around - not sure if they were simply being stored there, or they are awaiting use within the next few days to create more footers.

Considering they are well on their way to completing the area's foundations, soon the only way will be up. It can't be long until we see more vertical construction.
I imagine, as with Klugheim in 2015, as we now come into the spring and summer months construction will start progressing at a far more rapid pace.

Will be interesting to see when the park start their teasers and marketing for Rookburgh.
Taron was announced near the end of April, one month into the 2015 season. Two weeks later they revealed a few more statistics. Two weeks after that they opened up the viewing flaps/windows into the construction site. Then in August they started their regular construction updates, behind the scenes looks and eventually testing footage on the park blog and YouTube channel, which continued right up until it opened in June 2016. Raik the area's secret secondary attraction was announced December 2015 (I'm pretty certain there will be another attraction in Rookburgh for families).
It's going to be an interesting year watching this develop. I'm rather intrigued to see the coaster layout and the area's theming.

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I quite like the archway. But it's obvious that it is very much a work in progress. And I'm sure once finished it will look a lot better. (Also bear in mind my photos there aren't the best and it looks nicer in real life).
FB_IMG_1521878593328.thumb.jpg.233279a61aa7c173de8ac3bbcb5c7324.jpg

With regards to the actual construction site itself. Universal Rocks are hard at work on the front of this building (as seen in this photo from back in October).
031017corn.jpg

Scaffolding is up around it and the front of the building is covered with a base layer of concrete for the detailed themed facade to created on top of. The supports for the inversion and the track that passes through it have been wrapped in blue tarpaulins to protect them. There has been some work on the side of the building facing out into the main area and it looks to me as if there could be a clock face (or a fake circular window) on that side inbetween the the two towers (which cover the inversion's two supports).

In the pit itself the earth ramp that was there for construction vehicles access has been completely cleared away, now opening up the entire site for them to build on. The site is truly now a pit. Across the centre of the site they have built various foundations and the starts of walls are visable (for what will be buildings and tunnels presumably).
There are only a few patches of ground and piles of rubble left which haven't been built on yet.

I saw a few completed footers, ready for supports. And there were quite a few anchor baskets sitting around - not sure if they were simply being stored there, or they are awaiting use within the next few days to create more footers.

Considering they are well on their way to completing the area's foundations, soon the only way will be up. It can't be long until we see more vertical construction.
I imagine, as with Klugheim in 2015, as we now come into the spring and summer months construction will start progressing at a far more rapid pace.

Will be interesting to see when the park start their teasers and marketing for Rookburgh.
Taron was announced near the end of April, one month into the 2015 season. Two weeks later they revealed a few more statistics. Two weeks after that they opened up the viewing flaps/windows into the construction site. Then in August they started their regular construction updates, behind the scenes looks and eventually testing footage on the park blog and YouTube channel, which continued right up until it opened in June 2016. Raik the area's secret secondary attraction was announced December 2015 (I'm pretty certain there will be another attraction in Rookburgh for families).
It's going to be an interesting year watching this develop. I'm rather intrigued to see the coaster layout and the area's theming.

Next week I go to Phantasialand for 2 days. Then I will be able to say if the archway looks better than on pictures. I'm sure it will look better when it's finished. I'm still sceptic and a bit disappointed that the mainstreet is disturbed. When time passes by, the disappointment probably will be less. ;)

I expect another teaser at the end of June because then it's been a year that Phantasialand announced Rookburgh. Which is actually a strange feeling, because then already a year fans are hyped about this project and have to be patient for another 9 to 12 months until the opening.

About the Rookburgh area, I'm sure there will be a second attraction. Honestly, I'm more excited about the theming than the coaster. Again It's gonna be a unique area with a lot of details. That's for sure.

I'm also very curious if they have future plans with the piece of land on the right side of the site. I always have been thinking they would put Fantissima in this corner.