What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Look at the new gen. Flyer concept arts.
fly1.png.d13521be519484b09d1e6778e00f0b6c.png

fly3.png.5c27f4844e0a3da29ab9c5c2c99b94dc.png

Screenshot_20181130-234152_YouTube.jpg

Look at trains in the sideways sitting position while in the station and dark ride section.
fly2.png.6d31241ab410331a5a20bbe4e3566652.png

fly4.png.61be4eba8f84de9c136906a82741cf2f.png

In flight.

Last edited:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Is it shade that they're using concept art that resembles Air's original concept art?

Probably just reading into it too much, but those red rocks against that blue with a semi futuristic theme, it looks very similar.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Well that brick wall was only just made by Universal Rocks* this summer so it won't be some permanent theming element covering it.
*Universal Rocks of course you can find out more about in this great interview by @Coaster Hipster if you haven't already seen it! ;)

A temporary billboard, sign or screen until it opens would make the most sense.
I hope we are getting some new information (and not just a smaller version of the signs in front of the Wuze Wall if they are removed upon the completion of the facades there).
Although if we do get something though I wonder how they'll refer to F.L.Y. considering the whole trademarking issue is still unsolved?

Or could this possibly be an announcement for something else in the area? A second attraction? After all Raik was only announced for Klugheim in December 2015.
I think we can rule out the Rookburgh hotel rumours as its extremely unlikely one could fit in the current construction site.

Might be time to retire this old meme then...
DamgoxGWkAEc3rU.jpg

With regards to construction progress it was reported on PhantaFriends back on Thursday that a number of large Vekoma crates had been delivered on site. As well as two old fashioned Victorian-ish large lamps rust/brown coloured - interesting to see street furniture already arriving.

Progress for the theming of the arches on Wuze Wall. Source

Last edited:

Robert.W

Roller Poster
I might be missing something, but the only difference I can see is the Christmas decorations that have been added for Wintertraum? As a side note, I’m still not massively keen on how the Rookburgh archway is so much shorter than the Berlin buildings on either side. It just looks as though there is a big gap there where something else is meant to go.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I might be missing something, but the only difference I can see is the Christmas decorations that have been added for Wintertraum? As a side note, I’m still not massively keen on how the Rookburgh archway is so much shorter than the Berlin buildings on either side. It just looks as though there is a big gap there where something else is meant to go.
Yep that's all. They've got garlands with white lights and white ribbons along the railings of the balcony inside for Wintertraum. The only other changes have been the blue lamp added two months back as reported on here then and the tape markings from Monday.
Personally I really like it and the difference doesn't bother me when seeing it in person. It also gives more of an impression of going into a side alleyway off the main street - which is sure to be heightened when you can actually walk through the tunnel into Rookburgh. Some people on German forums have likened it to Diagon Alley.

Wuze Wall pictures from today.
Welding work can be seen as Universal Rocks attach their base framework to the structures.
On the right hand arch the two spires/points have had decorative metal spirals(?) of some kind added.

From PhantaFriends.de
47429814_10156021522987843_3696990647329226752_n.jpg

47431721_10156021523042843_4864218297157025792_n.jpg

47680474_10156021523127843_5446055566830993408_n.jpg

NRW-Parks.de

Might be time to retire this old meme then...
DamgoxGWkAEc3rU.jpg
The above meme was shared by a French enthusiast fb page and Phantasialand themselves responded with this amusing image of their own, feat. Kroka one of their dragon mascots: :D

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
3708FAE2-E9EC-45BE-B82E-49C8976FD51F.jpeg.fadec92f80c3dcd8c5888857b68cc30f.jpeg

Source: PhantabulöserSebi on PhantaFriends.de

They're going so fast... I think they want to finish the wall before the Christmas holidays, so that the scaffolding can be removed and everything looks beautiful. Then people don't look on a construction site anymore but on a beautiful themed wall.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
The above picture is based off of the release from Vekoma about their new flying coasters. So, the colour and theme of the train is more than likely not what will appear at Phantasialand - Tobi has created that for NL it seems.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The zero-car is interesting. I'm not entirely sure why they need to be that long, but I've no doubt Vekoma have worked through the maths!

I bet these are going to look excellent running through the track! I can't wait for all the photo opportunities!

Jared

Hyper Poster
I don’t see the point in the ride actually having a ‘zero car’ at all? Surely the trains designed well enough that it doesn’t actually need that extra bogey at the front?