What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

soco69

Roller Poster
I've seen the extra things of the package. If it was a regular park hotel with average sized rooms, I wouldn't mind the premium cost, but with the pod rooms the hotel has, I'm sorry, it doesn't justify the cost.
I know. It really depends on how you value the experience. For this price I could have three days at almost any other major park with at least two nights at an off-site hotel.

Last edited:

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
What EU quarantine do you speak of ? and do you have sorce/links? - not being rude, just some of us have Germany trips all booked in next few weeks - so important to be informed of any issues!
It is merely speculated at the moment but just google for EU quarantine to see the news. IIRC it’s something along the lines of any country that has more than X number of cases will be automatically barred.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Just looked at the menu of Uhrwerk, and the dishes are quiet expensive... In the other restaurants in the park you could eat for under 15 euro.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It is merely speculated at the moment but just google for EU quarantine to see the news. IIRC it’s something along the lines of any country that has more than X number of cases will be automatically barred.
Seems there will possibly be exemptions for those on short trips of 3 days or less who are willing to take a test at the border... Germany already has testing at the border for ‘red zones.’

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
Ok whether you believe me or not when we were on 197 pages yesterday, I wrote a post joking that Phantasialand would open F.L.Y before we reach 200 pages just to troll us and have the thread close before 200 pages...

I now regret not posting that because it was CLEARLY true lmaooo, can't wait to see a full in-depth look at the area and POV of the ride very soon ?...

Some would say it's the end of an era, and it's sure been fun following the construction of it with all of you!! The arguments, the puns, the wall updates... it's all been really fun and I really hope you all agree ?

Ok I'm waffling at this point I'll leave it at that.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Wait...does this mean you guys finally get to unsticky this thread? Or do you have to wait for an official date? :p

Tomfield

Roller Poster
I think I prefer the theming above taron (not the coaster)! But in my opinion Taron had some blank spots, don’t get me wrong like taron is 100% and this theming 110%. It feels really like your in a city of metal and brick! Also the colors are insane!

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
I think I prefer the theming above taron (not the coaster)! But in my opinion Taron had some blank spots, don’t get me wrong like taron is 100% and this theming 110%. It feels really like your in a city of metal and brick! Also the colors are insane!

Have you been on it?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Seems there will possibly be exemptions for those on short trips of 3 days or less who are willing to take a test at the border... Germany already has testing at the border for ‘red zones.’

Yes but the test at the border is coupled with an up to 72 hour quarantine until you receive your results.

Hi guys. I'm trying to ring up and book the hotel- has anyone else got any problems?

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow, isn’t this big (and unexpected) news! After over 4 years of construction, the area is finally open; we can stop discussing walls, schedules, and all that jazz!

In terms of the area itself, it looks absolutely stunning from what I’ve seen!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ok so, definitely looks great. The interior walls do still look flat and badly finished in parts (see the big tall windows) but there seems to be loads of little details that are impressive. I do love the curved staircase around the central ring to get down to the station level. Nice touch.

Music isn't what I expected but it sounds very whimsy and fun, nice to hear the melody from the trailer too, very IMAscore. I just want to see a POV with the dark ride section now.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Ok so, definitely looks great. The interior walls do still look flat and badly finished in parts (see the big tall windows) but there seems to be loads of little details that are impressive. I do love the curved staircase around the central ring to get down to the station level. Nice touch.

Music isn't what I expected but it sounds very whimsy and fun, nice to hear the melody from the trailer too, very IMAscore. I just want to see a POV with the dark ride section now.

I'd actually be happy with a short review for now. Anyone out here that can provide one?

DocLa

Roller Poster
The first POV will be provided by the park itself. Onrides are forbidden, you have to put all your belongings in lockers and there are metal detectors before the ride.