What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
BTW, the ticket prices until January 24 (end of Wintertraum) are online. Actually there are individual days with low-price admission all the way through Wintertraum. So, no sudden rise at the beginning of Wintertraum as I suspected earlier. That said, I have to discard my theory that this could tell us something about an opening date. So I definitely withdraw my guess that it's November 21 (which is what most of you here think anyway...) :)

Christian

Hyper Poster
Don’t wait for a big announcement it’s the PHL WAY just upon entering: “hey psst ROOKBURGH Is open”

That's how Energylandia opened their latest area. Almost no annoucment, no signs, no nothing and then it just happenes to be open (exept for Zadra ofcource). When they opened Zadra they did the whole ceremony and marketing thing.

davidm

Strata Poster
Don’t wait for a big announcement it’s the PHL WAY just upon entering: “hey psst ROOKBURGH Is open”
Well, apart from the HUGE MEDIA EVENT that they had for Klugheim ;)

Surfing on a wave of steampunk populism; New President, Charles Lindbergh is going to make Wuze Town pay for the wall.
^ slightly offtopic, but has anyone watched that The Plot Against America series recently, wherein (SPOILER) Charles Lindbergh does get elected President of America on a wave of populism and he's portrayed as a bit of a Nazi sympathiser. Oops.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
A huge media event again was in the planning originally before the corona delay. Now I honestly wouldn't hold it against them to just say "hey it opens tomorrow have fun" suddenly to prevent a rush of fans trying to book tickets to visit that day and deal with swarms of people. You'd think a majority have lives and can't drop everything to rush to PHL for the first day(s) so crowds would be more spread out.
People who'd need to travel from a far or internationally for instance too.
Of course that theory may be totally wrong and I've misjudged the dedication of some fans out there.

However the only thing that makes me think there must be some kind of considerable notice is that you'd think they want to start taking hotel bookings soon? With the hotel seemingly finished as that staff preview event includes a chance to view it and the park has been hiring staff. Unless with the situation they have decided to phase open them. F.L.Y. opens this September and maybe the hotel weeks later or the following month. Given covid I feel anything is possible now.

If it's part of the queue as predicted, I wonder how they're going to cover the wall beyond the top of the facade while you're in the queue. At the minute it looks like the fake bricks don't go very high, or I could be totally misjudging the height of the path relative to the top of the bricks!
The section of queue that goes behind there is in an enclosed tunnel. You won't be seeing it up above.

ynnckstrm

Roller Poster
I'm thinking that if they really open RB soon, they halt the sale of discounted tickets with the announcement.

That's the only (kind of) logical explanation I can come up with, with the co-existence of a Rookburgh opening and discounted tickets.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
^ slightly offtopic, but has anyone watched that The Plot Against America series recently, wherein (SPOILER) Charles Lindbergh does get elected President of America on a wave of populism and he's portrayed as a bit of a Nazi sympathiser. Oops.

Well, I think that's a very well-know fact and was actually controversially discussed in some forums (probably also here...) and I agree that someone like Elly Beinhorn would for sure have been the less controversial choice (and a woman!). Anyway, let's maybe not get into the discussion again. I guess after all most of us all fine with the choice.

(...on the other hand, what does it take to break the length record of the thread? As opening is close we have to produce posts... ;) )

Projektion

Mega Poster
I wasn't really planning on getting back to PHL so soon, but if FLY does open, I'm really going to try and make an effort to get back during Wintertraum this year assuming the quarantine period gets lifted.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I'm thinking that if they really open RB soon, they halt the sale of discounted tickets with the announcement.

That's the only (kind of) logical explanation I can come up with, with the co-existence of a Rookburgh opening and discounted tickets.

I don't think so. The discounts are based off when the park is busiest, for example in the 3 weeks during November when they are not normally busy, tickets are as cheap as 21 euros on weekdays. The park is going to be absolutely dead during this time, and Rookburgh and a cheap offer could get tickets much closer to selling out and get more people into the park to spend money on food, merchandise etc. If they put the prices back up to full price then the park will remain really quiet over that period as the park is not normally open then and it would have been pointless to stay open.

Rookburgh will be an added drive to get people in, combined with the cheaper tickets. The summer rush is over now and therefore I expect the cheap advanced tickets to stay around to push sales in addition to the opening of rookburgh.

Timo

Roller Poster
Unless with the situation they have decided to phase open them. F.L.Y. opens this September and maybe the hotel weeks later or the following month. Given covid I feel anything is possible now.
I don‘t think they will open the hotel later. Rookburgh is an enclosed concept, the hotel is a part of the area and the coaster, and vice versa.

They won‘t open the whole thing unfinished.