What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

JammyH

Hyper Poster
If someone is there on Monday, they can report in the evening. I even mean that if the park closes at 6pm, you don't have to leave the park completely until 7pm or 6:30 pm. Otherwise someone could wait for test drives ..
?
I am on there on Monday, I could potentially stick around and see what happens if people are interested?

Well, it doesn't actually say that employees are invited to *ride* F.L.Y., they just say "hautnah erleben" (something like "being close to the action") which is a somewhat vague statement. It might mean they ride it, but it could also mean they just visit the station, have a look behind the scenes, stuff like that...

I imagine if they are exploring the area a coaster ride would be included given that it has been signed off by Tüv. This staff preview pretty much indicates the area will be completely finished by this time next week.

UP87

Mega Poster
Dont know i got it from the Fb page Thempark Magic, they posted the letter this morning.
And they thank coasterworld.fr (which actually is coastersworld.fr - that took me a while)
But there you can find the second page of the letter, as well. https://forum.coastersworld.fr/coas...g-coaster-vekoma-en-2018/msg362760/#msg362760

I spent some time looking for a signature of Robert Löffelhardt and I found one in some brochure for business events. The signature is not copied and pasted (at least not from that brochure) and looks similar enough to be either a good fake or genuine.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Staff previews happen on loads of major rides. It makes sense of course - you want to give staff the opportunity to experience the new thing everyone is talking about, and to hype it up from personal experience!

Equally the park have done a good job at concealing what's in Rookburgh. The project is more akin to a dark ride now - we know what it is and loosely what it does, but we haven't had a good look at the area.

If they're inviting staff into the area, it's all but guaranteed they'll get to ride Fly (sorry, F.L.Y.). We know the ride is running, there's been reports of people on it, etc. So it all adds up.

Crucially, it also helps the park get acquainted with having a large number of new people in the area at this time, so they can feel confident with how they'll set up and explain social distancing and Covid measures within Rookburgh.

Martini

Roller Poster
Yes i have the PDF
Why you hav
I am on there on Monday, I could potentially stick around and see what happens if people are interested?

I imagine if they are exploring the area a coaster ride would be included given that it has been signed off by Tüv. This staff preview pretty much indicates the area will be completely finished by this time next week.
Yes it World be really nice if you do it. You can make a few photos and smal videos.
If the others also want it you can react with a thumb up???

Louis Heyvaert

Roller Poster
Dutch youtube channel placed this on his story, “11 september press opening FLY”. I don’t know for sure this is true. But the last days so many clues have been passed, everyday increases the chance it will go open this season.
4E05AF95-440C-4DD9-800C-A5907593544B.png

JammyH

Hyper Poster
If press opening is 11th September, I reckon this will be open by the 18th September.

Possible we might have an announcement in the next couple of days, but equally I reckon they could soft-open it with a full marketing launch for next year.

Louis Heyvaert

Roller Poster
If press opening is 11th September, I reckon this will be open by the 18th September.

Possible we might have an announcement in the next couple of days, but equally I reckon they could soft-open it with a full marketing launch for next year.
Or monday the 14th maybe, but i think school started in germany so maybe an (soft) opening in a weekend would be more logic

Louis Heyvaert

Roller Poster
Dutch youtube channel placed this on his story, “11 september press opening FLY”. I don’t know for sure this is true. But the last days so much clues, every day increases the chance it will go open this season.
View attachment 9615
Dutch youtube channel placed this on his story, “11 september press opening FLY”. I don’t know for sure this is true. But the last days so many clues have been passed, everyday increases the chance it will go open this season.
View attachment 9615
Sorry guys kevrides just confirmed personly to me it was i wild guess, my fault.

lostfrequentie

Roller Poster
View attachment 9615
View attachment 9619
View attachment 9615
EF041886-4703-4E5C-BC2B-6A4755D2E0C6.jpegThe YouTube in question is making a guess

markus.scharf

Roller Poster
Dutch youtube channel placed this on his story, “11 september press opening FLY”. I don’t know for sure this is true. But the last days so much clues, every day increases the chance it will go open this season.
View attachment 9615

Sorry guys kevrides just confirmed personly to me it was i wild guess, my fault.

11.09.never .. History-world trade center-

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
It's hard to believe that they are opening within the next few weeks. If true, why should they refrain from advertising it but instead actually sell low-priced tickets until November 20? Does make little sense to me.

Also, is the construction site actually fully finished? From what I got following whatever made it to this and other forums I had the impression they still had some way to go (ok, maybe some time delay in one or the other posting, but still).

Last edited:

Louis Heyvaert

Roller Poster
It's hard to believe that they are opening within the next few weeks. If true, why should they refrain from advertising it but instead actually sell low-priced tickets until November 20? Does make little sense to me.

Also, is the construction site actually fully finished? From what I got following whatever made it to this and other forums I had the impression they still had some way to go (ok, maybe some time delay in one or the other posting, but still).
I can see the logic in that