What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

SlMON

Roller Poster
what surprises me there are always updates at klugheim eg 1 test ride taron and 1 test ride raik seemed to end from taron and from raik and at rookbourgh and fly you don't hear anything 8 months ago a trailer where you don't know much more and 3 years ago one announcement most of this can be learned through this forum because every little renovation is posted here and I have to thank you for that. I look here every morning and evening to find out something new and I hope the fly and rookbourgh will open this year.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
what surprises me there are always updates at klugheim eg 1 test ride taron and 1 test ride raik seemed to end from taron and from raik and at rookbourgh and fly you don't hear anything 8 months ago a trailer where you don't know much more and 3 years ago one announcement most of this can be learned through this forum because every little renovation is posted here and I have to thank you for that. I look here every morning and evening to find out something new and I hope the fly and rookbourgh will open this year.

I think we are all hoping it opens this year too. We will all keep our fingers crossed.

Looks like they might still have a way to go with detailing though.

Hubärl

Roller Poster
Im Video sieht man, bei etwa 0:30, dass die rechte Eingangstüre bzw. Plane eine neue Blechabdeckung im oberen Bereich erhalten hat. ;)

SlMON

Roller Poster
Im Video sieht man, bei etwa 0:30, dass die rechte Eingangstüre bzw. Plane eine neue Blechabdeckung im oberen Bereich erhalten hat. ;)
ich war gestern da um zu schauen und diese abdeckung ist jetzt auch im rost look und eine holzwand die mitten im themenbereich steht wurde angestrichen aber diese holzwand passt garnicht da hinein

Dar

Hyper Poster
I wonder if they're adding some temporary Corona protection, like the wooden wall, that fit in enough without spending ages on them?

Be_coaster

Roller Poster
I visited the parc yesterday. Between the wall and the Berlin buildings they are building a sort of tunnel that follows the wall. Through a small gap between the doors in wuze town I could also see that it seemed that a group of people got a tour at the hotel. At the balcony they walked in normal clothes guided by a guy in a fluo vest. For the rest is seemed like workers were adding final touches like pipes etc in the whole area.

Stanjensjens

Roller Poster
@carpenters_lifestyle on instagram is making a terrace in rookburgh (probably next to the hotel), post got immediately removed but we managed to save the pics

"Terasse im Wasser! Ausgeführt mit Lärcheunterkonstruktion und als Belag sind glatte Bankiraibretter zum Einsatz gekommen!
#carpenter #carpenterlifestyle #woodworking #woodlove #terasse #bankirai #terasseimwasser #lärche #voellerholzbau #phantasialand #rookburgh"

20200804_193623.jpg
20200804_193638.jpg
20200804_193714.jpg

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I’m starting to think this could be finished pretty soon... especially if people are getting a tour of the hotel, perhaps the interior is near-finished.

I’m still praying for a 2020 opening. The NRW school holidays finish on the 12th august so the 13th would be the absolute earliest the park would start advertising for the new area if it was to open this autumn/winter. They won’t want to be detracting from the footfall during the summer holidays so advertising wouldn’t start until the schools go back at the earliest.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
The caption says „Terrasse im Wasser“/„Terrace in the water“. So is there really some sort of pond or just left over rain?

For me this does not look quite like its going to be a pond. But who knows... In any case, keeping the shallow water below the terrace does not really make a lot of sense to me, unless this is meant to be a particularly mosquito-friendly environment ?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Looking at that terrace I'd guess its outdoor seating for the hotel Bar. Location wise at the bottom of the alley between hotel tower blocks 2 + 4 with F.L.Y. track coming out of both launches passing overhead.

Screenshot_20200804-210351_Snapseed.jpg

Plus brightening it up a bit there appears to a bar counter shaped thing in behind the glass frontage.
IMG_20200804_210644.jpg

Hope to be sitting with a cocktail there before the end of the year! ;)

EDIT:
Original better quality version of the concept art for Bar 1919.
22058-detailp.jpeg.85db89b10bbf76efa8158bd5c4c9714b.jpeg

Source
PhantaFriend's PHL Marcus has marked out on an old Google Maps screenshot the rough location of the bar beside the restaurant. Orange is the location of this terrace/outdoor seating under F.L.Y., Yellow the interior (although whether all of this space is used by the bar is unknown, I'd imagine the back half is more likely storage/kitchen facilities to be shared by the restaurant and bar)
maps2.jpg.5898d13879ca18e85708ac4c79028df1.jpg

Last edited:

Trax

Hyper Poster
Were is that guy with the drone footage when you need him?

This looks quite good, and the location can really make the experience if the position is correct. And judging from the hashtags, some water will be involved which is always a nice touch and will vitalize the surrounding area.

Oh and one more thing: As this is the Coasterforce Wall Apreciation thread: The walls at the beginning of launch 2 have now been painted to resemble wood. Yes, it looks like they painted them to look like old wood as found in Klugheim. I would love to post a picture, but I receive an error message every time (and not because my picture is too large).

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The hotel towers are receiving decorative roof tops to cover the facilities and ventilation systems on top.
Screenshot_20200809-193612_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200809-193539_Instagram.jpg

Over behind the 1st launch structure you can spot here a small covered set of stairs and walkway. And near the bottom you can see that they've painted some supports with a rust texture ala Nemesis.
Screenshot_20200809-193553_Instagram.jpg

On the topic of the covered stairs and walkway though.
PHLMarcus of PhantaFriends recently shared his speculation about new paths, stairs and bridges that have arisen in the area.
Red: existing elevated paths, orange: existing stairways
wege.png.e8c4e939a6d714b9029d093e4cdaee52.png
Its
of course difficult to say which of these is perhaps only for evacuation or access purposes. However since these paths are covered and have built in grids so nothing can be thrown down, one would assume they are accessible by normal guests. A speculative suggestion for how it could be connected up as a queue line for F.L.Y. (with some extra annotations)
20200730_214316.png

Would certainly be a great dynamic queue and add another dimension to Rookburgh winding its way through the area and coaster above the paths below if it does turn out like that.

Pictures source:
http://instagr.am/p/CDrQstIh_qb/

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Bit of apparent double posting there, but @Nico98 is a new member so the forum software automatically prevents posting of links and flags the post for moderator approval. Once approved it falls into place chronologically. No way @CSLKennyNI would have known.

Just in case anyone wonders why. :) No harm done.