What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

markus.scharf

Roller Poster
United States. Florida to be more specific.

2d327a21b185a25509999c944719ac61.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I recommend looking at flying into Amsterdam and stopping at Efteling while you are over there. Amsterdam can be a lot cheaper to fly into. For similar dates in April, Amsterdam is $450 from Florida to Europe. If you are gonna fly all the way to Europe, might as well also see Efteling.

iirc, there's a daily 5:10pm take-off from Frankfurt to Orlando, that one would allow you to get Expedition GeForce on the same day without too much trouble while we're at it :p

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I recommend looking at flying into Amsterdam and stopping at Efteling while you are over there. Amsterdam can be a lot cheaper to fly into. For similar dates in April, Amsterdam is $450 from Florida to Europe. If you are gonna fly all the way to Europe, might as well also see Efteling.

I'm actually thinking about going all across Europe as a sort of 18th birthday celebration, hitting up some parks on the way through. I'm currently looking at Phantasialand (duh), Europa Park, Hansa Park, Holiday Park, and maybe (depending on where exactly I go) Energylandia, Alton Towers, PortAventura, Liseberg, Grona Lund, and Gardaland. I'm not really sure about Efteling because I haven't heard good things about it. Any other recommendations?

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I'm actually thinking about going all across Europe as a sort of 18th birthday celebration, hitting up some parks on the way through. I'm currently looking at Phantasialand (duh), Europa Park, Hansa Park, Holiday Park, and maybe (depending on where exactly I go) Energylandia, Alton Towers, PortAventura, Liseberg, Grona Lund, and Gardaland. I'm not really sure about Efteling because I haven't heard good things about it. Any other recommendations?

Holiday Park and Tripsdrill can be done both on a single day. Since Energylandia is so far out of the way and basically requires an additional flight almost no matter where else you want to go, make sure to hit Legendia as well. There are very cheap flights available from Cologne/Bonn Airport to Katowice, so if you are planning on starting in Gardaland and then heading north via car, you could include it after Phantasialand, and then head back from Krakow to Hamburg to continue with Hansa Park.

Efteling is a weird one, because it's totally dependant on taste whether you will adore it or be utterly unimpressed. If you do Efteling, do all three of the big dutch ones (Toverland, Efteling, Walibi Holland). Planning a somewhat big detour just for Efteling is basically setting yourself up for disappointment, but if you're visiting the Netherlands anyways, you will have a much better time since you can take it for what it is: just something else.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
I would also hit up Kolmården in between Liseberg and Gröna Lund to get that RMC cred +2 kiddie creds

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster

If you're planning on visiting all of those parks, the cost of flights from America to Germany should be the least of your concerns.

Even doing that German quartet would be pretty crazy. Aside from Europa and Holiday Park, they're all pretty spread about, you (presumably) don't drive, and you're missing out plenty of parks in between. You'd be much better off sticking to one or two regions and doing multiple parks there. But even then, the slightly smaller parks are far from ideal to travel to on public transport.

---

In FLY news, yay, more walls!

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I wouldn't say that for myself. I'm finding these last hotel towers and "entrance" updates (as well as the renderings) quite amusing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

The Iron Brick

Roller Poster
I do not think there is going to be a new entrance right next to the Berlin entrance. This will be either the entrance to the hotel or only a decorative element (like the Wuze Town side wall)

Envoyé de mon G3212 en utilisant Tapatalk

Ggolt

Roller Poster
Maybe that ‘triangle’ in the wall could be filled with glass or some other type of transparant material but on the other hand, that would kinda limit the total immersion in the area...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Also have to agree that the last few weeks are rather exciting again :)
It could be a new entrance as replacement of the Berlin entrance (which is a bit outdated) , but I doubt. I think it will be more likely the hotel gate :)

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Maybe that ‘triangle’ in the wall could be filled with glass or some other type of transparant material but on the other hand, that would kinda limit the total immersion in the area...

I think it will be something like that.

Perhaps similar windows will appear in the wall as at the Rookburgh entrance in the Berlin mainstreet:
FB_IMG_1571476438825.jpg

The steel structure is black painted so it stays visible for sure. So transparent glass is for me personally the most obvious opportunity. It's space saving, fast and easy to put in. It also gives a nice effect like the window in the Berlin entrance does, IMO.

I guess the portal is just theming and not functional. The entrance from the hotel still has to be built at the left of this last tower.

The only thing I still did not figure out is how guests will go from the lobby to tower 4 behind the office building.

I see connections between tower 2 with towers 1 & 3. The elevators are in tower 2 and serve for tower 1 & 3 as well. They're reachable with possibly bridges.
But a connection between tower 3 & 4 isn't visible. Tower 4 also has an elevator so bridges between tower 3 & 4 to connect them isn't necessary.

So I've been thinking that it might be a pathway behind/underneath this steel frame which goes in an angle around the track, along the office building to tower 4. There's a door (blue) at the left which leads to...maybe this possible pathway (red).
Snapchat-1550224017.jpg

Very curious to see if I was right or not. :p

Last edited: