What's new

Phantasialand | Avoras | 2024

Ethan

Strata Poster
Very interesting! I'm gonna take an obvious punt and say that the open-air building where the Magic Bike once was will be flattened, and it'll allow for easier passage for a new building on the plot of Crazy Bats and the maze. I do hope at some point soon, Wuze Town gets a little refresh. I don't want it to go as I think it's quite original and fun, but it's very dated.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Probably because it had all the charm of a Britannia Hotel foyer.
I thought 'dated' was a bit kinder!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Well done for spotting the theming influence though, once again, Phantasialand absolutely nails the theming bang on!!! (Inserts random Britannia Hotel foyer below)

227773744.jpg

The realism is incredible!!! 🙈🤣

Kind of the point though, it was the best place to go to guarantee a bit of quiet and some warmth.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I thought 'dated' was a bit kinder!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Well done for spotting the theming influence though, once again, Phantasialand absolutely nails the theming bang on!!! (Inserts random Britannia Hotel foyer below)

View attachment 16548

The realism is incredible!!! 🙈🤣

Kind of the point though, it was the best place to go to guarantee a bit of quiet and some warmth.

Completely off topic but never understood why Britannia Hotels are so dreadful. Usually pretty buildings on the outside but dreadful on the inside. Strange.

rob666

Hyper Poster
They buy run down big hotels and run them down even further.
Cheap prices, coach packages of oldies, zero customer service, minimum capital outlay on the buildings.
Voted worst customer service in the uk leisure industry.
Check out the tripadvisors for the Norbreck Castle in Blackpool for some real horror reviews.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Sadly, it is a fine example of how to make money while slowly destroying good resources, so yes.
Capitalism at its finest and rawest.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The first rope bridge is going in for the new Africa obstacle course/adventure trail.
IMG_0179.jpg

Various platforms and theming pieces for the rest of the trail have appeared on the staff car park too.
205C7C59-F5DF-46CB-A976-2928FA48AF03.jpg

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

It's quite funny to think 16 years after Black Mamba opened the park has gone back to the area and found a way to squeeze in another attraction. Although I imagine it will be quite the fight between kids and families climbing through vs enthusiasts looking for these new unique views of the coaster.

peep

CF Legend
Wow, that's a huge list of updates/changes over the closed season. Loving the look of all the new theming additions in Mexico and Klugheim.

Seems to be a lot of effort down by Wuze Town and the lake, it really feels like this might be the end we see the next park update, rather than the expected update for China.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Wow, that's a huge list of updates/changes over the closed season. Loving the look of all the new theming additions in Mexico and Klugheim.

Seems to be a lot of effort down by Wuze Town and the lake, it really feels like this might be the end we see the next park update, rather than the expected update for China.
Agree with all of this. I think you might be right about Wuze being next, it really does look tired. Although I do think the area behind Chiapas w/ Tikal, the ghost train and Colorado really needs a refresh too, was hoping that mine train retheme to the Himalayas would come to fruition.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The gateway there is apparently only for vehicle and emergency access so will remain closed for now.

Black Mamba will be temporarily closed from Monday 25th April to Friday 29th April due to construction work for the new Adventure Trail in it's layout.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Belgian theme park designer Eric Daman, the creative mind responsible for Phantasialand’s attractions, areas and hotels for the last 20 years from Colorado Adventure to Rookburgh, has passed away aged 58.

It's so crazy to think about the fact that this fantastic designer lived here in Flanders in the small village next door while his biggest creations can be found across the German border.

Phantasialand has following quote on a wall next to their desks: "Phantasialand doesn't raise the bar, Phantasialand is the bar."

For me this has effectively become an achievement and all thanks to this very creative man. He leaves a legacy of incredible themed worlds. In fact, he has created true art.

I am curious which projects he had created will still get built in the coming years and who will take over to continue this standard and style so the park continues developing in this direction.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Phantasialand has following quote on a wall next to their desks: "Phantasialand doesn't raise the bar, Phantasialand is the bar."
Which means it represents the bare mininum that all others have to exceed to even get a passing grade?