What's new

Phantasialand | Avoras | 2024

Sjnoebel

Roller Poster
I kinda wish they just built a tunnel to the plaza before Chiapas’s entrance, tbh. It’s awkward having to go up a flight of stairs in Berlin only to then have to descend another flight of stairs in Mexico just to get to it. They tore out a section of the Berlin street to make the Rookburgh tunnel, so this shouldn’t be unfeasible.
That is impossible for now, there is a road that leads from the main entrance to a parking area near Mystery Castle and River Quest entrance, it was taking stairs up or stairs down into a tunnel.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Wow! I never noticed there was public road running through the middle of the park. Energylandia should take lessons in hiding their own road.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Imagine there will be hell to pay for this leak - but a local newspaper has got hold of some pictures of the demolition of Hollywood Tour

442ecbd0-1f44-4e2f-a9be-3c45454f14fe.jpeg

7421540c-3915-4c54-a66f-95aadcbcd870.jpeg

And a couple more from Looopings

0112detour5.jpg

0112detour2.jpg

0112detour4.jpg

Meanwhile the boats are all still sitting on the staff/events car park

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
This is a public road and it's not only to the parking area. Most likely it will never be removed and the way the park handles it is pretty amazing. You don't really notice it except for the stairs. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lenterbachsweg,+50321+Brühl/
To their credit, Blackpool Pleasure Beach have done an similar job with Watson Road. I often wonder how many people are not aware there's a road beneath their feet... Watson Road even allows for a good amount of natural light!!!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
We went through this on our goon trip to the park last weekend. It was very extensive and a lot of fun. Some areas were blocked off, mostly the water related ones, but there was still lots to do. Definitely a few confined spaces for adults as a couple of us banged our heads climbing up tight staircases. The bits where you can see Black Mamba were great!

IMG20230107153522.jpg IMG20230107153531.jpg IMG20230107153651.jpg IMG20230107154044.jpg IMG20230107154545.jpg IMG20230107154628.jpg

You may recognise a few faces here. Who'd have guessed @Howie would be the most graceful on the pole? :D

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Phantasialand seemingly aren't finished with plussing Africa yet

Since the park closed vegetation on the roof of Black Mamba's station & maintenance bay (alongside the road to the Mystery car park) has been removed, a digger sighted up on top there & Universal Rocks are doing something along the main Africa midway facing Adventure Trail.
FpNLbsRWYAAdG0O

Red marks the cleared space in question on top of Mamba's station, grey the road (not shown on the map) between Africa & Berlin heading to the Mystery parking, blue presumably the construction site access route cleared as the digger has also been sitting on the midway - this could also then be a new guest path to the site (potential also exists for access at the top of the site near the Talocan viewing platform)

Screenshot_2023-02-14_at_17.31.05.png

Potential extent of the space cleared

What exactly this narrow small space could become is unclear. Again a very unexpected move after the Adventure Trail surprise - just theming? a new path? new gastro? extension to Adventure Trail? Or even a new small attraction?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Phantasialand seemingly aren't finished with plussing Africa yet

Since the park closed vegetation on the roof of Black Mamba's station & maintenance bay (alongside the road to the Mystery car park) has been removed, a digger sighted up on top there & Universal Rocks are doing something along the main Africa midway facing Adventure Trail.
FpNLbsRWYAAdG0O

Red marks the cleared space in question on top of Mamba's station, grey the road (not shown on the map) between Africa & Berlin heading to the Mystery parking, blue presumably the construction site access route cleared as the digger has also been sitting on the midway - this could also then be a new guest path to the site (potential also exists for access at the top of the site near the Talocan viewing platform)

Screenshot_2023-02-14_at_17.31.05.png

Potential extent of the space cleared

What exactly this narrow small space could become is unclear. Again a very unexpected move after the Adventure Trail surprise - just theming? a new path? new gastro? extension to Adventure Trail? Or even a new small attraction?
I mean, of course they are, that's 500 sq M of unused space right there... They couldn't allow that could they? 🙈😂

Ethan

Strata Poster
Exciting times! Hopefully whatever they're planning is ready for the start of the season as I'll be there on the 3rd and 4th of April. I'll be happy with simply more rock work tbh as I didn't like how you could see the back of the Berlin buildings from there.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Well, let's hope it's an actual addition and not just some water damage of the underground station roof that needs to be fixed

Well, it seems to be an addition. On Instagram 'Phantasialand Club' shared some picture of the construction.

Screenshot_20230301_173109_Instagram.jpg
A steel structure stands in the middle of the pathway. If it stays there, I'm curious what the purpose of this will be. 😳

That new passage next to the cave is also interesting. There is a small opening above the passage, which appears to be for a screen (waiting time). It could be a new entry to Adventure Trail or a second trail.

Screenshot_20230301_173127_Instagram.jpg
Furthermore, there are already piles on the now very bare part along the tunnel.

Maybe Adventure Trail will get an extension?

More pictures:
Screenshot_20230301_173105_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230301_173136_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230301_173142_Instagram.jpg

Source: Phantasialand Club page on Instagram

Last edited:

Tulum

Mega Poster
Wouldn't wonder if this is just an extension of noise barrier. You never know what some neighbors have reached somewhere.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Wouldn't wonder if this is just an extension of noise barrier. You never know what some neighbors have reached somewhere.
This is opposite to the back of the Berlin theatre & buildings so it's unlikely to be noise related.

View attachment 23409
A steel structure stands in the middle of the pathway. If it stays there, I'm curious what the purpose of this will be. 😳

That new passage next to the cave is also interesting. There is a small opening above the passage, which appears to be for a screen (waiting time). It could be a new entry to Adventure Trail or a second trail.
Perhaps the new doorway at the foot of Monkey Rock is an exit for guests who don't want to go down the slide? (although not signposted you can exit via the fire escape in the cave - so I don't really know why bother with the effort & expense of creating this)

The new rockwork on the opposite side is presumably connected to the new construction site - entry/exit?

Another project in Africa is also underway it seems over by the lift hill building of Mamba.
Originally it was planned to add a bar inside the building above the Snack (open to park guests during the day & hotel guests by evening - a dual concept eventually used for Uhrwerk Restaurant in Rookburgh).

But with Hotel Ling Bao's second bar, Dragon Bar, being open only when demand is high enough - the economics mustn't have added up for a second bar for Matamba too. Eventually more than a decade later in 2020 Karimbu Bar was added by the loop bridge; a smaller, park only drinks stand.
IMG_6932.jpg

Work is being done to the bridge/walkway between the hotel & lifthill building with frames being attached.
IMG_6963.jpg

On top of the former dragon meet & greet (before Kroka's Lodge was built as replacement last year with Adventure Trail) railings have been added and fire torches/heaters making a small terrace area
IMG_6952.jpg

Meanwhile over in Hotel Ling Bao the garden is seeing some-kind of new garden feature and a hot tub/whirpool corner has been added to the pool
IMG_6979.jpg

IMG_6974.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
I hope this work doesn't affect Black Mamba's opening schedule at the start of the season. Curious to see what this ends up as, although I'm struggling to see whatever it is being ready for April.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
@CSLKennyNI

A new exit would be irrelevant imo bc of the existing emergency exit in the cave but it's possible. Maybe some people don't notice this doorway or don't dare to use it?

I also can't believe that all the changes around the lifthill building and bridge are theming-wise only. I don't believe in a new bar either so I'm very curious what it's going to be. 🧐😄

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Well, it seems to be an addition. On Instagram 'Phantasialand Club' shared some picture of the construction.

View attachment 23409

View attachment 23410
Furthermore, there are already piles on the now very bare part along the tunnel.

Maybe Adventure Trail will get an extension?

More pictures:
View attachment 23411
View attachment 23412
View attachment 23413

Source: Phantasialand Club page on Instagram

I'm fearful that this is the opening salvo of yet another thrilling conversation about a Phantasialand Wall.

Sterrenstof

Roller Poster
Since I naturally think high of Phantasialands masterplanning: these are the signs of the darkride the park has planned since construction started on Rookburgh.
Rookburgh got them extra hotel capacity: so they can now safely redevelop the lower two floors of the northern Matamba-wing, to cram in a small scale darkride. The railings on the meet and greet-building are part of the queue.

That is, if i not underestimate their planning. It could turn out to be the biggest undergroud darkride in the world, when they connect the hotel part to the basement they secretly installed underneath the whole of deep in Africa Back in 2005. It would be convenient when they wish to start deconstruction on the current record holder and it would be classic phantasialand to have a basement built in case you want to use it as an expansion option 20 years later.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I'm fearful that this is the opening salvo of yet another thrilling conversation about a Phantasialand Wall.
I hope so. I find it more interesting to talk about Phantasialand's yearly small construction sites and make predictions about it than to look at projects that are out in the open.

I can't wait for the next big project to suddenly pop up, so we can discuss in detail every small update for the next 3 years. In the meantime I watch every little construction, especially walls. Join this new thrilling conversation if you want. 😄

People that don't like that, can press the unwatch button and not read it. 😉

That is, if i not underestimate their planning. It could turn out to be the biggest undergroud darkride in the world, when they connect the hotel part to the basement they secretly installed underneath the whole of deep in Africa Back in 2005.
There is no basement installed underneath the whole of deep in Africa. If there is one, it is a small one underneath the Black Mamba lifthill building but that's it.
phantasialand-luftaufnahmen-bau-der-black-mamba-luftaufnahme-von-den-bauarbeiten-der-achterbah...jpg

This is a picture of the construction site back then in 2005. The source is in it.