What's new

Peppa Pig Theme Park coming to Texas | 2024

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Well well well this appears to have come out of thin air;

NORTH AMERICA’S SECOND PEPPA PIG THEME PARK
TO OPEN IN NORTH TEXAS IN 2024

Merlin Entertainments Brings Partnership with Hasbro to Life Again to Create a Playful Place Perfect for a First Theme Park Experience
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX (March 7, 2023) — Starting in 2024, families will be able to enter the playful world of Peppa Pig for an unforgettable day of adventure at North America’s second Peppa Pig Theme Park set to open in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Designed to be the ultimate theme park experience for little ones, this all-new standalone theme park located in North Richland Hills will feature multiple rides, interactive attractions, themed playscapes and shows, all based on instantly recognizable locations from the globally popular brand.
Families will meet Peppa and her friends as they snort, giggle and play to build their first theme park memories together.

Merlin Entertainments, a global leader in location-based entertainment with brands including LEGOLAND, Madame Tussauds and SEA LIFE® Aquariums, has a licensing agreement with global branded entertainment leader Hasbro, owner of the Peppa Pig brand, to build and operate Peppa Pig attractions, targeted at the preschool market, as part of its broader strategy to engage in partnerships with some of the world’s most popular brands.

“Merlin’s platform and reach continues to grow in the U.S. as we build on the success of the world’s first standalone Peppa Pig Theme Park in Florida. Given the incredible success of our LEGOLAND® Discovery Center and SEA LIFE Aquarium in Grapevine, TX, the North Richland Hills community was a natural next step in our expansion and rollout,” said Chief Executive Officer of Merlin Entertainments Scott O’Neil. “Merlin is the definitive partner of choice for brands engaging children, holding the research, care, experience and interest in bringing iconic brands to life through location-based attractions. Thank you to our friends at Hasbro for partnering with us to bring the playful world of Peppa Pig to this vibrant community.”

https://www.peppapigthemepark.com/dallas-ft-worth/
This will be located next to the NRH20 Waterpark in North Richland Hills, within the Dallas-Fort Worth area, geared to go neck-in-neck with Universal Studios Frisco. Looks like we know where the next theme park battleground is...

Fqo7XCFXsAEe7lC.jpeg
DallasParks.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 2.42.00 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Lukas D

Roller Poster
This sort of surprises me. I've been waiting for a LEGOLAND to plop up somewhere in Texas for close to a decade that might contain a Peppa Pig Theme Park. Peppa on its own, though?

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow, that was unexpected!

What is it about Texas and new theme parks at the moment? Both Universal and Peppa Pig have been announced for the Dallas area in 2023 alone!

This is all very exciting for the region regardless; I wonder how Six Flags Over Texas plans to respond?

With both of the new theme parks being very child-orientated, could Six Flags double down on targeting thrill-seekers to differentiate themselves from the two new players?

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Dallas-Fort Worth is a major economic powerhouse with hugely promising population growth. The climate allows for year-round park operation and if I am not mistaken, land prices and labour costs are still relatively low compared to, say, California.

I doubt there will be major competition between Dreamworks and Peppa - I'd say Peppa Pig's target audience is even younger and the limited scale of the parks doesn't allow for more than a few hundred thousand visitors per year, anyway.

Matt N

CF Legend
I doubt there will be major competition between Dreamworks and Peppa - I'd say Peppa Pig's target audience is even younger and the limited scale of the parks doesn't allow for more than a few hundred thousand visitors per year, anyway.
This is a very good point; I imagine that DreamWorks will be aimed at slightly older children, while Peppa Pig will be aimed at toddlers.

I am still intrigued to see how (or even if) Six Flags Over Texas responds to both of these parks, though...

Lukas D

Roller Poster
2-year-olds won't even be able to watch a full-length Dreamworks movie, elementary school kids will have outgrown their Peppa Pig phase. Both the target audience and the product itself (30$ or 40$ half-day versus 80$ or 100$ full theme park experience) will probably be distinct enough so these two parks don't cannibalise each other.

The reaction over at Six Flags might be a more interesting one to watch.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Going on a slight tangent here, but Universal enacted an advertising ban in the area on almost all the major theme park chains. The exception to this is Cedar Fair, presumably because it's not worth starting beef over Schlitterbahn. It made sense as to why Six Flags, Disney, and Seaworld were on there, but I found it amusing that Merlin is now not allowed to advertise in Frisco. With the revelation that Merlin will be constructing a theme park nearby targeted at a similar - if not the same - audience, then this makes a lot more sense.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Ah another day, another intentionally misleading piece of news;

Zamperla published a POV of what at first glance appeared to be the Daddy Pig's Roller Coaster testing at the under-construction Peppa Pig Theme Park in Texas. Upon closer inspection of the infrastructure outside of the park however, it's clearly the Florida location while it was still a hard hat zone.

Was this necessary?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0wUzVJuSLR/

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
^Was this post necessary? I appreciate your usual obscure news, but this... does not matter one iota.
Yeaaa but… with no known park progress a decent amount of people I know were left under the impression that the Texas park was near completion already. It irks me that a manufacturer of all sources would (mistakenly or not) mislead its followers and I will always try to set the record straight.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, that's a cruddy piece of social media.