What's new

PBB Maintenance Work

alexr

Hyper Poster
This year PB'S doing a lot of work this year including retracking PMBO and replacing the front of Valhalla as well as work on Gold Mine and Space Invader

For It seems like they are getting rid of most of the facade, this was an explanation as to why they were doing this.

There are six pumps at the top of Valhalla for the waterfall effect. As far as I'm aware, 4 are being removed and only 2 will remain. This is simply due to it battering the station, cost reasons and the simple fact that they haven't used all six pumps simultaneously in years.

The turnaround is likely to stay. That track is being exposed to lots of rubble, yes, but the feature is an essential block brake, sure the ride system could be reprogrammed etcetera but that would be costly and PBB barely have enough cash as it is.

Also it got to the point where the whole of North Park had to be closed on a very windy day, because of Valhalla
This was Valhalla under construction
valcon3_302.jpg

This is it now due to Maintenance work

thumb_picture003.jpg

thumb_picture007.jpg

Picture013.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

More Pictures Here; http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com/ ... 4&start=90

This is the part of the Big One that is being retracked
thumb_picture039.jpg

d6a1c.jpg

Also for those interested they are also starting to take down some of gold mines roof

p1010236.jpg

Photos from Pleasure beach experience and theres more Pleasure Beach Experience including work on Space Invader.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I just hope they can restore it to looking decent, it's frighting to see such destruction!

Is that section of the Big One's track actually being replaced? Perhaps it has been removed for inspection or major work? I guess we'll know when it's re-fitted as a new section will stand out like a sore thumb.

Martyn B

CF Legend
LOL, another year, and more retracking of PMBO. I swear it must count as 2 credz by now?

And wow to the work on Valhalla! Proper destruction!

There are six pumps at the top of Valhalla for the waterfall effect. As far as I'm aware, 4 are being removed and only 2 will remain. This is simply due to it battering the station, cost reasons and the simple fact that they haven't used all six pumps simultaneously in years.

The turnaround is likely to stay. That track is being exposed to lots of rubble, yes, but the feature is an essential block brake, sure the ride system could be reprogrammed etcetera but that would be costly and PBB barely have enough cash as it is

I dont get this for a couple of reasons; All that just to remove 4 pumps they could easily just switch off? And whats this feature thats going to work as a bloke brake?

Ben

CF Legend
I hope it's as vulgar as the last re-tracking they did which was actually worse than it was before <3

alexr

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
I dont get this for a couple of reasons; All that just to remove 4 pumps they could easily just switch off? And whats this feature thats going to work as a bloke brake?

Sorry, that bit was just copied and pasted, but basically the turntable before the backwards drop(the part covered in rubble just now) was rumored to be removed but it's a block brake and it would be costly to be removed even if it is unreliable.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Tom G said:
Is that section of the Big One's track actually being replaced? Perhaps it has been removed for inspection or major work? I guess we'll know when it's re-fitted as a new section will stand out like a sore thumb.

Come on people, put two and two together!

They're replacing the Big One track with the track that's integrated in Valhalla's structure (you can see it in the first picture). Every 10 years they're going to swap the bits over and pretend it's for maintenance and improvements. It's all just a big joke on us really ;)

marc

CF Legend
I count PMBO twice anyway as they changed the profile of the drop and some corners :)

I hope the work is done well and they don't cut corners on the rides they are doing up.

T0M

Hyper Poster
furie said:
Tom G said:

Come on people, put two and two together!

They're replacing the Big One track with the track that's integrated in Valhalla's structure (you can see it in the first picture). Every 10 years they're going to swap the bits over and pretend it's for maintenance and improvements. It's all just a big joke on us really ;)

Truly awesome!