What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Kind of off topic but I really think a Mack Power Splash will work well here in the future, hoping they got a 2-in-1 coaster deal. They need a decent water ride to go alongside their Reverchon flume and it will be a step above most of the other rides in the park without breaking into the extreme category, not to mention they can be exceptionally well themed.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Kind of off topic but I really think a Mack Power Splash will work well here in the future, hoping they got a 2-in-1 coaster deal.

That would work soooo well at Paulton's, literally the perfect next step for that park. And I'd LOVE to have one of those in the UK. The only obstacle I foresee there would be cost. I've no idea how much a Mack Power Splash costs, but I suspect they're not cheap. I know they look fairly simple and straightforward in pictures and on video, but in the flesh they are actually humungous, chunky pieces of kit with big, heavy boats. Plus the not-insignificant cost of digging a lake, if you don't already have one. Throw in a turntable and I reckon you're looking at upwards of 10 million quid, easy.
Would Paulton's spend that much money on a single ride? I'd like to think so... but sadly I doubt it.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Throw in a turntable and I reckon you're looking at upwards of 10 million quid, easy.

For some context, Pulsar cost about £7m, and Walibi had the benefits of having the lake already (and maybe a bit of a reduction in price what with it being a prototype..not sure since Walibi approached Mack with the idea). So yeah, £10m is a reasonable price range.

I too would love one in the UK, and Paultons would be a good shout. Would fill in their lack-of-water-ride problem and give them a great family thrill coaster. But I don't see it being a feasible investment for them for now. Best chance to see one in the UK would probably be Thorpe..

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I think a Mack Water Coaster would suit it better than a PowerSplash, to be honest, or better still a modern Rapids ride could suit their thrill level.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
I think a Mack Water Coaster would suit it better than a PowerSplash, to be honest, or better still a modern Rapids ride could suit their thrill level.
I think (subject to planning) it would be incredible if Paultons themed the cobra and edge section into a jungle theme with a rapids surrounding the area. Magma would be incorporated into it and you would cross a bridge over the rapids to access it from Lost Kingdom and the other side. The area in between cobra and edge would become a themed jungle village and the higher level of Cobra would be above the canopy. Maybe they could add a more thrilling wooden coaster to accompany it?

Anyway I’ve spent too long thinking about this!

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
I think (subject to planning) it would be incredible if Paultons themed the cobra and edge section into a jungle theme with a rapids surrounding the area. Magma would be incorporated into it and you would cross a bridge over the rapids to access it from Lost Kingdom and the other side. The area in between cobra and edge would become a themed jungle village and the higher level of Cobra would be above the canopy. Maybe they could add a more thrilling wooden coaster to accompany it?

Since Peppa Pig world they appear to have realised that highly themed environments "really pull in the punters". I envision them working on the Log Flume area and adjacent lawn as their next investment after Tornado Springs, and then may well move over to Cobra etc, as I think that would be on the list too. Tornado Springs I am sure will be a huge success for the park, as they really put their heart into everything they do, and their awards, visitor numbers and accolades are all well deserved!

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
It’s incredible how well Paultons Park have been with the construction of these areas. They always leave plenty of time to complete the areas for opening and allow the vegetation to settle compared to many other UK theme parks (especially Merlin) who tend to finish late or only just on time. It’s these small things that help make Paultons the great park it is.

GregBoxall

Roller Poster
Its been a couple of years since my last trip to Paultons, really looking forward to seeing this new area. Out of the UK parks I've visited Paultons feels like one of the few who have a clear plan of where they're heading. I agree in thinking their next investment should be a water ride, I could easily see them upgrading their log fume and re theming the surrounding area.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster

Not been to Paulton's but I've seen several vlogs but indeed before they announced the spinner I was hoping for a woodie as their next coaster. Even if it is a smaller GravityKraft one like the ones they've built in France. Maybe some time in the future this can still happen. It would seem to suit the park just going by the looks of it.
Hopefully will manage a trip over once the spinner opens anyway.