What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

Yeldoow

Roller Poster
Ahh face down thing was me, now I’ve looked closer at the image what I thought was a seat in the stages of moving forward is actually a guy wiggling his legs. Whoops
View attachment 5074
Yeah I thought that looked like the seat tipping, but zoomed in it's clearly not.

Leisure Expert Group retweeted the drop towers announcement so it looks like they maybe involved with theming the area. They've previously worked with Europa Park, Movie Park Germany, Toverland and many others.
https://leisureexpertgroup.com/

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, sort of. It's all very complex - but LEG tend to mainly deal with events, brand activation etc., but sometimes there's a crossover with Jora Vision and they do theme park work.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Baring in mind we’ve not even got track on site yet, I think the coaster being ‘finished’ is a long way off. So far they’re doing groundwork’s, which will also no doubt entail doing the works for the other attractions, buildings and perhaps even walkways too. I think it’ll be a couple of months before we see vertical construction on the coaster.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Judging by how quickly MACK Rides built Copperhead Strike’s layout, even if they get a late start this new coaster will certainly be ready come May 2020.

Niles

Giga Poster
Here is a good video on the current construction progress and a nice over view of the park, really nice to see some of the less filmed areas around the park and how well there kept.

If you want just the times of the construction site:

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Lovely addition of a Tikal type drop tower duo, they're really great little rides and can be themed up nicely.

I'm leaning more towards a Dwervelwind clone than a Xtreme spinner..
I think it would also make more sense for the park as a whole, wouldn't complain though if it was a big juicy Mack spinner with inversions.
Yh I think both would be something that I'd be happy with cause I really didn't expect a coaster at all in 2020 in the UK. From anywhere

Expedition Coaster

Roller Poster
I'm leaning more towards a Dwervelwind clone than a Xtreme spinner..
I think it would also make more sense for the park as a whole, wouldn't complain though if it was a big juicy Mack spinner with inversions.
It was heavily suggested to be a Sierra Sidewinder layout in one of the tweets saying:

"Bring it on buddy -Marylou's Sierra SWirl berry cake is the dandiest most delicious tea time treat this side of the Springs!"

RCDB - https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=14475

Edit - Credits to post #174

Last edited:

Niles

Giga Poster
Both Sierra sidewinder and Dwervelwind have the same lift, track wise Sierra sidewinder keeps this flat style all the way while Dwervelwind get thicker. So unless we see thicker track at some point its more likely to be Sierra and with that tweet Expedition coaster
mentioned. yea probably Sierra clone
upload_2019-5-11_9-51-15.png
upload_2019-5-11_9-52-27.png
I got to ride Sierra and though it was a sweet spinner, I would have preferred Dwervelwind, but its still a great addition for the:)