What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

Ethan

Strata Poster
Those trains are hilarious, in a good way! So wacky, and I love the idea of 'Tornado Collectors', it's so dumb but I think that's why it's so charming. I'm so excited to see this new area develop, it's showing such promise! You can just feel the care and attention that's going into it, and the people at Paultons seem so genuinely proud of what they're creating. It's so refreshing.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
And a better water ride, their log flume is very poor and in no way up to standard with the rest of the park.
I was thinking the same...

Dark ride > Water ride >

Then a proper thrill coaster and Paulton’s would genuinely become a major contender in the UK.

Thing is they have very little to attract those without children at the minute. Walk around Alton, Thorpe or Blackpool on a term time week day and it’s all couples, enthusiasts and groups of young adults. Who does Paulton’s draw when the little ones are all at school?

They’re definitely moving in the right direction, and are one of, if not the, most exciting up and coming parks in the UK. But they can’t be far off moving into the real thrill market, surely?

Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree, maybe they only want to attract families with young children for the long term. But that would be a shame, they’ve a great park, and could be one of the best... But all of the best have something for everyone.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I feel like this is exactly what they are doing. Storm Chaser is a markable step up for Paulton's, giving them two (by RCDB's standards) 'thrill' level coasters. Nothing inverts, sure, but inversions are not the be all and end all (Europa only has one coaster that inverts, for example). I'm in full agreement that a Dark Ride would be a huge step up, and those shooting rides are popular with family crowds in their respective parks so would be a great addition to Paulton's line up. It probably wont happen now, after the Drayton Manor tragedy, but I think a rapids would work incredibly well there too.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I was thinking the same...

Dark ride > Water ride >

Then a proper thrill coaster and Paulton’s would genuinely become a major contender in the UK.

Thing is they have very little to attract those without children at the minute. Walk around Alton, Thorpe or Blackpool on a term time week day and it’s all couples, enthusiasts and groups of young adults. Who does Paulton’s draw when the little ones are all at school?

They’re definitely moving in the right direction, and are one of, if not the, most exciting up and coming parks in the UK. But they can’t be far off moving into the real thrill market, surely?

Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree, maybe they only want to attract families with young children for the long term. But that would be a shame, they’ve a great park, and could be one of the best... But all of the best have something for everyone.
What about a dark water ride!

Expedition Coaster

Roller Poster
As I'm from the north of England I'd like to ask how much does Paultons advertise down south? Advertising the new area well will of course be crucial to gain a large amount of visitors from London / the London Commuter belt that will have a lot of young families.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
As I'm from the north of England I'd like to ask how much does Paultons advertise down south? Advertising the new area well will of course be crucial to gain a large amount of visitors from London / the London Commuter belt that will have a lot of young families.

Everywhere (and a recent visit to Birmingham showed me how far north that had spread). Growing up in Portsmouth though, I miss the old 'It's a hoot hoot, at Paulton's Park' radio jingle.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Everywhere (and a recent visit to Birmingham showed me how far north that had spread). Growing up in Portsmouth though, I miss the old 'It's a hoot hoot, at Paulton's Park' radio jingle.
Never seen an advert for Paulton’s in Derby / Nottingham... but to be fair have never seen an advert for BPB this side of Stoke either. Guess with Alton Towers on the way, advertising other parks to the GP round here might be a bit futile.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Can't speak for South England. But must say I was surprised last year to see Paultons advertisements in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

I think they clearly do pretty well with what they have. Expanding into a different market (thrill seekers) could be a massive mistake. What they have now works incredibly well for them and the Peppa Pig license has (or at least it appears to me anyway) meant they have been able to expand in ways they probably only dreamed about before it came along.

If I were in charge of Paultons I'd be happy going for the market they are, they appear to get plenty of pre school visitors out of term time. And then have the pre teen market looked after outside of Peppa Pig world for the school holidays/weekends.

Not everyone wants to or has to appeal to all demographics and trying to do so could be disastrous as they woukd struggle to be able to compete with both and likely end up with one or two proper thrill attractions that they're target audience don't need it want.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I think they clearly do pretty well with what they have. Expanding into a different market (thrill seekers) could be a massive mistake. What they have now works incredibly well for them and the Peppa Pig license has (or at least it appears to me anyway) meant they have been able to expand in ways they probably only dreamed about before it came along.

If I were in charge of Paultons I'd be happy going for the market they are, they appear to get plenty of pre school visitors out of term time. And then have the pre teen market looked after outside of Peppa Pig world for the school holidays/weekends.

Not everyone wants to or has to appeal to all demographics and trying to do so could be disastrous as they woukd struggle to be able to compete with both and likely end up with one or two proper thrill attractions that they're target audience don't need it want.

I guess they’re clearly doing something right, clearly have a plan of their own that’s working so far. Will be very interesting to see how that plan plays out.

Others (American Adventure, Drayton Manor etc) have tried that route and despite short term success, struggled in the long run as growth is somewhat limited by the vastly smaller demographic.

But Paultons are none of those parks, seem very well run, and clearly have some kind of plan, can’t wait to see how that plays out.