What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

Niles

Giga Poster
was a dip stick and created a unnecessary topic and posted this info there, its here now because I think its still interesting.

found a post on coaster crazy, a guy had a good eye and noticed that there image used for a coaster.

40FCB415-206C-4DAB-A9D7-FC4B2F846F72.jpeg
Comes from a YouTube thumbnail from 2016

No real chance we will get the layout, but intresting that they chose a Mack spinning coaster of this intensity, that a guy made on YouTube

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Well here is the RCDB:-

https://rcdb.com/17132.htm

I definitely do hope to visit this park some day. I don't think this will be much more than a Dwervelwind clone though.
A Mack Xtreme Spinner like RCDB is perhaps suggesting would be an extremely exciting addition to Paultons, in my opinion! Admittedly, it would also be a slightly surprising one, as I was under the impression that:
a) Paultons was a park for families with younger children a la Chessington.
and
b) Mack were quite a pricey manufacturer.

But it would definitely be a great addition, and it could possibly make the park a more appealing destination for thrill-seekers! Of course, if this was to be a Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster, I wouldn't expect anything like Time Traveler, as that cost $26million, but I'm also not sure if I'd expect the IAAPA layout either, because doesn't Paultons have severe height restrictions like Alton does, correct me if I'm wrong?

Whatever this is, I'm sure it'll be a very exciting addition to Paultons! Even if it's a Dwervelwind clone, that'll be a great addition to Paultons, but I must admit that Europe's first Xtreme Spinning Coaster could be a very big marketing pull for Paultons! And remember... Mack did apparently say that a European park had looked into the model as well as Silver Dollar City.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
A Mack Xtreme Spinner like RCDB is perhaps suggesting would be an extremely exciting addition to Paultons, in my opinion! Admittedly, it would also be a slightly surprising one, as I was under the impression that:
a) Paultons was a park for families with younger children a la Chessington.
and
b) Mack were quite a pricey manufacturer.

But it would definitely be a great addition, and it could possibly make the park a more appealing destination for thrill-seekers! Of course, if this was to be a Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster, I wouldn't expect anything like Time Traveler, as that cost $26million, but I'm also not sure if I'd expect the IAAPA layout either, because doesn't Paultons have severe height restrictions like Alton does, correct me if I'm wrong?

Whatever this is, I'm sure it'll be a very exciting addition to Paultons! Even if it's a Dwervelwind clone, that'll be a great addition to Paultons, but I must admit that Europe's first Xtreme Spinning Coaster could be a very big marketing pull for Paultons! And remember... Mack did apparently say that a European park had looked into the model as well as Silver Dollar City.
But that park was supposedly Parc des Combs, not Paultons. Although I could be wrong.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Yeah it was Parc des Combs. But maybe it could be like the situation with the RMC Raptors... RMC said only one had been ordered for 2018, but then we got RailBlazer AND Wonder Woman.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Even a DW clone would be great, surely it would be the most thrilling coaster on park? It’s got some force in certain seats but still approachable enough for younger visitors.

An excellent addition I would say!

Niles

Giga Poster
From the parks promotional twitter, Coops "Spent a good few days researching my new project, my head's spinning but I can't wait to show you all!"

I sure now this will be a Mack spinner with the promotional art and Paulton's working with Mack in the past. My only question is how intense will they go.
will we get something like:

Time traveller
Dwervelwind
Cobras curse

I want something like Time traveller but Dwervelwind seems more likely, and I feel as if they want to appeal to an older audience so no to cobras curse.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Dwervelwind is probably one of my fave family coasters out there. Really hope Paultons get something similar, especially if it has an on board soundtrack too!

It does say on RCDB though that it is looking to be an Xtreme Spinning Coaster. But also, (I know that 3 cars can be a Dwervelwind type coaster too) but the 3 cars is predominately used for the Xtreme Spinning Coaster if they wish too. I would like a Dwervelwind type coaster but I'd also like a family version of Time Traveller too!

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Ohhh great flat ride addition. Hopefully it gets some height going and the cycles aren’t too tame..

Ethan

Strata Poster
I LOVE that theme, so imaginative! If this turns out how i imagine and of a similar quality to the Lost Kingdom area, I think they've got a winner on their hands! Hopefully more people will travel to Paultons rather than the Merlin parks.

Matt N

CF Legend
I have to say; I'm rather surprised and impressed that this area is looking to have some more thrilling additions in it! I had it in my head that Paultons was firmly headed down the family/kiddie route like Chessington, but this should make them one of Britain's top theme parks if it wasn't already! An Intamin Gyroswing and potential Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster will certainly make the park more desirable in the eyes of UK thrill seekers!

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Bloody love Paultons!! I’ve only been once but I was so impressed with the obvious care and attention paid to the place. Really keen to see Tornado Springs progress. After it opens I would think it’s got to be (by far) the best family park in the UK?

Lofty

CF Legend
I have to say; I'm rather surprised and impressed that this area is looking to have some more thrilling additions in it! I had it in my head that Paultons was firmly headed down the family/kiddie route like Chessington, but this should make them one of Britain's top theme parks if it wasn't already! An Intamin Gyroswing and potential Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster will certainly make the park more desirable in the eyes of UK thrill seekers!
Where on earth did you get an Intamin Gyroswing from?!

We're more looking towards a Discovery Revolution, I think - mainly due to the continuation of the ride arm past the point of rotation as can be seen in the concept art. The Midi Discovery does not have that.

PL_News-ZpressDiscovery-prev.jpg

https://www.zamperla.com/products/discovery-revolution/

Matt N

CF Legend
Where on earth did you get an Intamin Gyroswing from?!
I heard someone else mention it online, and I thought the rendering looked somewhat similar to Loke at Liseberg. But now you say it, it does look more akin to a Zamperla or SBF.

Having said that, though; Drayton Manor built an Intamin Gyroswing in 2002, so it's definitely not out of the question that Paultons could afford one. A cheaper model does look more likely, though.