What's new

Paultons Park | Farmyard Flyer | Custom Zierer Force | 2022

Will

Strata Poster
I'm going to get shot for this...

...obviously, I quite like this, especially the station building and it's great that they've put the effort in rather than just plonking down 'generic kiddie coaster 1'. I just think we might need to tone down the lenses in our rose-tinted Paultons glasses a little bit ;)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

...obviously, I quite like this, especially the station building and it's great that they've put the effort in rather than just plonking down 'generic kiddie coaster 1'. I just think we might need to tone down the lenses in our rose-tinted Paultons glasses a little bit ;)
I disagree… With each installation I see on here, the theming standard looks to improve!

I haven’t even visited the park yet!!! So no rose tinted glasses here! But Tornado Springs was incredible, this addition looks even more polished!

I completely agree, I keep wondering what I've missed?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Nobody is saying the coaster is amazing though, that’s the thing, people are complimenting how brilliant the theming is… And rightly so!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's not that a small Zierer Force is the best coaster that they could get, by a long shot. Nobody is arguing that it's exciting as a concept. But starting with the premise that they're building a small Zierer Force, I think they have really nailed it. Sure, it's not Disney, but it's not a naked coaster in a muddy field either, like most other coasters of that scale in the UK. They could easily have gone for the "We truly don't give a poop, just plonk it down on the grass somewhere" aesthetic favoured by every other park, but they really made the effort to make it look good. And thus an unexciting kiddie coaster is elevated to a pretty neat ride, all in all. We're not commending the Zierer Force coasters as a concept, but the level of effort put into making it as presentable as it can be.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I see both sides of the coin.

On the one hand, this is just a nicely themed kiddie cred. Yes, it's great to see a park - especially a UK park - theme such an addition to a high standard. But it's still an...unusual choice for a park which has plenty of kiddie creds, many themed to an acceptable standard as is, when there's lots of other parts of the park in need of attention too.

On the other hand, if this is the effort they're willing to go to for a kiddie cred, to compliment an already high effort themed land, it's exciting to wonder what effort they would be willing to go to for the next big thing, whatever and whenever that is.

I have two schools of thoughts about the investment.
1. Are they introducing another kiddie cred now because, long-term, they're thinking of removing one they currently have for a future investment? I don't really think they need another coaster of this scale, so this would be sensible long-term planning on the park's behalf?
2. Are they introducing this because early thoughts were that Tornado Springs was unbalanced? Did they get cold feet and think the core part of the area caters too much to a slightly audience, and they need something more junior to balance it up?

Obviously that second point is more hypothetical, since construction of this started before the area even opened up. Maybe it was always the plan to open this in a phase 2 sort of thing. But I still haven't quite wrapped by head round why Paultons have decided to add another kiddie cred now.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I see both sides of the coin.

On the one hand, this is just a nicely themed kiddie cred. Yes, it's great to see a park - especially a UK park - theme such an addition to a high standard. But it's still an...unusual choice for a park which has plenty of kiddie creds, many themed to an acceptable standard as is, when there's lots of other parts of the park in need of attention too.

On the other hand, if this is the effort they're willing to go to for a kiddie cred, to compliment an already high effort themed land, it's exciting to wonder what effort they would be willing to go to for the next big thing, whatever and whenever that is.

I have two schools of thoughts about the investment.
1. Are they introducing another kiddie cred now because, long-term, they're thinking of removing one they currently have for a future investment? I don't really think they need another coaster of this scale, so this would be sensible long-term planning on the park's behalf?
2. Are they introducing this because early thoughts were that Tornado Springs was unbalanced? Did they get cold feet and think the core part of the area caters too much to a slightly audience, and they need something more junior to balance it up?

Obviously that second point is more hypothetical, since construction of this started before the area even opened up. Maybe it was always the plan to open this in a phase 2 sort of thing. But I still haven't quite wrapped by head round why Paultons have decided to add another kiddie cred now.
I have theorised that Cat-O-Pillar might be on its way out in the next few years but I doubt that'll be before the investment in the western side of the park coming next. It makes sense that they would be planning ahead and compensating for the loss of a kiddie cred in advance but they might also just want a kiddie cred in every area of the park to give families more options.

Niles

Giga Poster
Some more pictures from the park ☺️
FGkviIfWQAEseQV
FGkvjlAWQAU4nDf

FGkvsA6XMAEnz4l

FEZRIZyWQAM35JQ

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Lawrence_Mancey

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
I was beginning to think there was some kind of law against themeing and landscaping rides this well in the UK! Well done Paultons.

I probably still won't go though. I don't have kids, I don't want kids, and I don't particularly want to be surrounded by kids and their Karens for any amount of time. I enjoy watching this park grow though. I used to get taken there a lot as a kid. My last visit was whenever Cobra opened. 2006? I'm glad it's going from strength to strength!

Sandman

Giga Poster
I don't think it's ridiculous to praise the park for this type of theming. The fact we're even comparing a small family park in the UK to a huge multi national company's efforts shows how far the place is going.

Furthermore, the excitement is more aimed towards what the future holds for this park. Every 'major' investment at this park seems to be on an upward curve in terms of potential. Peppa Pig World is really the main ingredient that keeps everything held together. It's quite surprisingly really, to think that people in my local area (small town, north west England) know more about Peppa Pig world than, say, Icon which is basically down the road.

Paultons seem to actually take feedback on board, and have warmly welcomed enthusiast groups through its gates on numerous special occasions. This is really the park to be excited about in the UK right now regardless of age. I think we'll see something special from them soon enough.