What's new

Path Glitch Help

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I'm sorry I cant post any pictures to show this so I will attempt to describe it. In certain parts of the park (usually on stairs), guests will start walking back and forth over the same 4 or 5 pieces of path and eventually will get "lost" then tired, then angry, soon more guests will join and my park rating ends up at 120. how do i stop this?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
For me, it was guests who wanted to go home, and they seemed to try and find the most direct route to the main entrance. Unfortunately for them, that most direct route was usually a dead end ride exit. To solve this, I added a "No Entry" banner and built a temporary path to get them to the entrance. It is a pretty annoying glitch though.

kimahri

CF Legend
It's do do with the guests AI in RCT 1&2. Basically when they're leaving they go the shortest route to the exit from where they are on the grid. They don't take the path layout into consideration. I'll try explain it as best as I can but I can't get my words right.

If your path goes towards your park Entrance and doubles back on it's self too much it'll confuse the **** out of the guests and they think they're going the wrong way and they'll turn around and head the other way because it's the direct way to the exit and then they follow the path and get **** over again and repeat that step. Best way to avoid it is to either lay out your park so there's no situations like that or build a direct underground path the filter the guest to the exit.

This is coming from memory of a site that died years ago though but i'm trying to remeber it as best I can. CP6 would know better but he's been gone a while.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I've had that before. When I got it I wondered what was happening, had a look at the route they had to take back to the entrance went all the way round the park. To cure it, I built an underground path to the entrance which around 1000 people poured down as soon as it opened.

So to cure it just build a path directly to the entrance from where the people are and they should go down it.