What's new

Parque Warner Madrid.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
A great park which doesn't seem to get much limelight. I wish to discuss with others who have or have not been to the park, its pros and cons, the rides and theming.

Heres a bit of background on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_Warner_Madrid

I went last november, the park was only open on saturday and it was mind blowing, i estimated there to be no more han 350 people in the park. Apart from stunt fall lying dormant, there were no negatives i could find. I conclude that Batman la Fuga is better than nemesis (BTR Clone) and sitting at the back of superman attraction of steel in the dark, plummeting down that first drop, was one of the most euphoric moments of my life.

The place is extremely surreal and in a unique kind of a way, also very intimidating and Atmospheric.

Im interested to hear your views and opinions, as always cool)

Lofty

CF Legend
I NEED to get to this park. I've been wanting to go for so long. Also, how easy is it to get from Madrid? Is it possible to do in a day?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Been there once, but Coaster Express spited me </3 Batman and Superman was a walk on all day considering it was the middle of August.

Lofty, there is plenty of links to Parque Warner, including train's and buses. Can't remember exactly how to get there now =/

Plug time XD
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be4QBq4XVTk[/youtube]

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Well the metro is fairly complicated to use, at least i found this to be true.

Not the easiest place to get to, apparently there were plans for a hotel and waterpark but it seems there has been some land surrendered to housing development.

The music there was awe-inspiring, probably some of the best ive heard, id guess it was the warner music heard in the films.

One or two quirks which i found particularly interesting was the lack of an on-ride photo on Batman la fuga, although the fantastic alylum queueline (details of which i will not give away for the sake of spoiling the surprise) more than makes up for this.

In fact, there is an entire gotham city with all the easter-eggs a batman fan would relish.

Overall it was nice to go to a park, which although is owned by a large capitalist company doesn't force sideshows and games upon you, just leaving you to take in the aesthetic genius of the place. :--D

tks

Strata Poster
It needs a bit more shade! Went in 2007 and it was absolutely baking! Oh and Stunt Fall is just AWFUL.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Do you mean the subway and regular train since the subway doesn't go to the park?

Anyway, ignore anybody saying it's difficult to get to. If you've ever been on a train before, it isn't.

It's just two trains. Start from Atocha, (one of the main stations in the city centre and on the metro), transfer at Pinto and get off at Parque de Ocio (you'll see the park from the station) It should take about an hour from what I remember.

I thought it was a great park. Everything was running, and walk-on, when I went during October half term last year. Stunt Fall is excellent. Personally, I think Superman is the best floorless I've done, and Batman is very good as well. The woodie, not so much...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Sure. I remember changing trains, didn't recall that it wasn't a subway line. It was a long time and many parks and many countries ago.

I do remember it being stupid easy to get to.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Yes, the park is ultimately reached by the regular train. We were stating in the centre of madrid so had to use the metro.

I found Coaster express to be enjoyable, but it was nowhere near half as good as it's steel counterparts.

Merchandise was fairly priced, i got some nice shot-glasses for 5 euros with the brand and park motif adorning them.

Also if you get the tickets from the train station you can get a three for two offer. Very handy and worth looking out for.

I am so fond of parque warner now, i feel most of those who have been would agree that no pictures can correctly describe the place.

Mark9

Roller Poster
El Patricko said:
I am so fond of parque warner now, i feel most of those who have been would agree that no pictures can correctly describe the place.

Very true. Superman de Acero in particular was a firm favourite when I went.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Bizarre park, longest queue of the day was getting in the actual park.

Erm, its a good park from what I can remember, decent selection of rides, lack of people meant a bit of a lack of atmosphere though.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its the one consistan thing I always hear about this park... its always dead.

For people who have been, is it best to sitck to visiting over weekends? I'm going to Madrid for 5 days in June, Wed-Mon. And there's only 2 parks, so I can be flexible for days, but I obviously dont want to get spited by closed attractions midweek...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^You're more likely to get spited by Parque de Attracionnes (or however you spell it), so make that a priority for the Saturday or Sunday, whichever day is predicted to get the better weather.

Jake

Strata Poster
Do they still do the silly opening times? In 2007, some rides opened at 11am, some at 12pm and even some at 1pm and 2pm despite the whole park closing at 6pm.

It was empty though (shock horror!), so it didn't matter.

Thus, I wouldn't worry too much if you arrive at the park a bit late...

Everything was open when we went, and so was everything at PdA (spite Gavin <3).

Martyn B

CF Legend
Do they still do the silly opening times?

Yes! The earliest the two parks close is in Winter and mid week, and thats 8pm, but holidays and weekends its 11-12pm, opening at around 11am.

It ridiculouse, especially when all you is about how dead the parks are...

^^You're more likely to get spited by Parque de Attracionnes (or however you spell it), so make that a priority for the Saturday or Sunday, whichever day is predicted to get the better weather.

Thanks. But god, this place sounds worse than Fantasy Island!

Jake

Strata Poster
Is PdA really that spiteful now? I thought it was quite nice, a typical city park really, if not a bit more pleasant.

Gavin got spited, and like one other person that I know of, but has anyone else had any issues there?

The only real SPITE is that they don't let adults on EITHER kiddie cred </3.

Oh, and the (surcharge) walkthrough is **** AMAZING, everyone must do it.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Is Superman supposed to be any good? Never hear anything about it to the point of forgetting it exits.

Does sound like an odd park. Why's it so empty?

The thing that annoys me about Spain is that no rush relax attitude, which means nothing gets done. Your ice cream has melted before they've handed it to you and it takes 20 minutes to load a ride. On top of that, queue jumping is just apparently the norm, and not perceived as a problem at all.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^Oriolet has been a bunch of times and seems to have nothing good to say about the place. My main issue with it was the out-and-out lying about ride operating times, having rides (all of them) that were closed because of the rain (it had rained for an hour much earlier in the day) and staying closed hours after the rain had stopped. There were no staff around to operate anything, so it's obvious that they had closed the rides early, if they'd been open at all, and used the weather as an excuse.

^I really, really liked Superman, Joey. There will be people who will disagree ("ooohhh it's a floorless wah wah wah"), but it's a decent ride. It's massive, got an amazing first drop, great set of inversions and an airtime hill. I have heard people complain of trims, but I either never noticed them, or they're not there any more/were switched off.

Out of the 8 floorless coasters I've been on, it's probably my favourite.