What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

JFranks

Mega Poster
Underground station?
The station is actually on the other side of the path. It might be the rumoured tunnel. However I have to say that a YouTuber said to have seen the conceptual POV of the ride, and in his video you can clearly identify a 0g stall among other 2 inversions and crazy movements, twisties etc. he says it will be interacting with paths going over and under them and will have a bunch of photo spots. The video itself is this one, maybe with translated subtitles u can understand:

I’m not gonna get in the debate of whether it is true or not, u can take ur own conclusions.

Projektion

Mega Poster
I'm on the fence about it on whether I actually believe this. The video is heavily blurred to the point that it's basically a smudge, but you can make out that the POV he's watching is an NL2 animation, and if you look carefully you can make out that there's clouds in the skybox. Intamin have the clouds turned off in their NL2 animations:
1645401220998.png

...but Mack dont:
1645401268110.png

So if the video he's showing is legit, then I don't think this is an Intamin like whats rumoured.

JFranks

Mega Poster
True, not even the toutatis presentation video has clouds, well its either he is not watching the actual video, or mb intamin made it for the park with clouds, or it’s not intamin… will have to wait and see.

Projektion

Mega Poster
He also mentions something about one of the elements:
This is like something we've seen on Kondaa, but taken to its limits
Which makes me think of the massive outerbank turnaround on Exodus being compared to the outerbank on Kondaa, which also adds to the Mack theory.

JFranks

Mega Poster
He also mentions something about one of the elements:

Which makes me think of the massive outerbank turnaround on Exodus being compared to the outerbank on Kondaa, which also adds to the Mack theory.
However I haven’t seen Mack doing that kind of footers before with that height and width, shape etc. whereas intamin has always been using those types… as said nothing is 100% sure right now, but I still stand with intamin’s theory. But it could be anything.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I knew beforehand that this park’s lineup hasn’t seen much change since opening year, but holy **** until I looked back at their ride lineup for investment patterns, I didn’t know to what extent. The last coaster that they added back in 2009 was from Mack, so based on that they could pull a repeat. However, that is nowhere near enough for me to rule out the Intamin theory, which I’ve been judging to be popular for quite some time. Either way, time will tell.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I feel like a lot of other enthusiasts have been sleeping on this coaster - nearly all of these new-gen Intamin and MACK multi-launch coasters have been outstanding, world-class additions with loads of promise and uniqueness between them. Another Helix, Velocicoaster, Taiga or especially Toutatis-style coaster being built is always a good thing.

So, based on everything we've seen/heard so far, here's my predictions for the Parque Warner Madrid coaster:

- It will feature 4 launches (1 normal launch and a 3-part swing launch). The first launch will go under the path (red arrow), while the swing launch will be further back (blue arrow) within the footprint. A swing launch would definitely be one of those "first-of-its-kind elements for Spain" that the YouTuber was emphasizing, and would make a lot of sense given the top hat's location, plus the 2 clusters of big footers (for the top hat and presumably, a spike) with a pretty long, straight gap in between them.
unknown.png

- The layout will feature 3 or 4 inversions: a zero-g stall and a dive loop (which have already been mentioned, I know), but I believe there's a zero-g winder in that blurred POV as well - and based on that Kondaa comparison, I could see an inverting outerbanked hill (like the one on Exodus, maybe in reverse) in this layout.

- If this layout has a mid-course swing launch, then I'm 100% confident that the manufacturer will be Intamin, not MACK. No MACK coaster currently has this setup, while Intamin has done this multiple times (with Hagrids, Pantheon and in the future, Toutatis).

A few months ago, I attempted a Parque Warner Madrid coaster concept in NoLimits 2 based entirely on speculation (station location, footers, rumored manufacturer and land clearings). However, the station being on the opposite side of the path from most of the footers/land clearings confused me, so it was difficult to design around (because I never considered that the 1st launch could go under the path instead of above it).

But now that we're hearing some potential leaks about the Parque Warner Madrid coaster, these things are starting to make a lot more sense. I'm even more excited for it to finally be announced - it absolutely has potential to be the best new-for-2023 coaster in my opinion.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Gonna try and decipher that vid:
Quite a bit of darkness at the beginning of blurred POV suggesting it dives into a tunnel into the first launch under the ground
Launch into corkscrew (Inversion 1)
Twisting top hat into turn into drop going into hill going into some sort of overbank that turns into a corkscrew (Inversion 2) before turning the other way past what looks like rockwork back underground (I think?)
Dive loop (Inversion 3) into low to ground straightaway into overbank into S-bend into Zero G-Stall OR Dive Loop (Inversion 4)
He just repeats the same sections over and over, so we know about this much: no idea about the rest of the layout

JFranks

Mega Poster
I feel like a lot of other enthusiasts have been sleeping on this coaster - nearly all of these new-gen Intamin and MACK multi-launch coasters have been outstanding, world-class additions with loads of promise and uniqueness between them. Another Helix, Velocicoaster, Taiga or especially Toutatis-style coaster being built is always a good thing.

So, based on everything we've seen/heard so far, here's my predictions for the Parque Warner Madrid coaster:

- It will feature 4 launches (1 normal launch and a 3-part swing launch). The first launch will go under the path (red arrow), while the swing launch will be further back (blue arrow) within the footprint. A swing launch would definitely be one of those "first-of-its-kind elements for Spain" that the YouTuber was emphasizing, and would make a lot of sense given the top hat's location, plus the 2 clusters of big footers (for the top hat and presumably, a spike) with a pretty long, straight gap in between them.
unknown.png

- The layout will feature 3 or 4 inversions: a zero-g stall and a dive loop (which have already been mentioned, I know), but I believe there's a zero-g winder in that blurred POV as well - and based on that Kondaa comparison, I could see an inverting outerbanked hill (like the one on Exodus, maybe in reverse) in this layout.

- If this layout has a mid-course swing launch, then I'm 100% confident that the manufacturer will be Intamin, not MACK. No MACK coaster currently has this setup, while Intamin has done this multiple times (with Hagrids, Pantheon and in the future, Toutatis).

A few months ago, I attempted a Parque Warner Madrid coaster concept in NoLimits 2 based entirely on speculation (station location, footers, rumored manufacturer and land clearings). However, the station being on the opposite side of the path from most of the footers/land clearings confused me, so it was difficult to design around (because I never considered that the 1st launch could go under the path instead of above it).

But now that we're hearing some potential leaks about the Parque Warner Madrid coaster, these things are starting to make a lot more sense. I'm even more excited for it to finally be announced - it absolutely has potential to be the best new-for-2023 coaster in my opinion.
agree with u, the layout looks more of something intamin in would do. I personally (unless Mack changes a little bit their LSM launch coasters pacing and elements) prefere Intamin. They innovated a bunch and constantly keep bringing new and crazy stuff. However if project exodus is mack, that’s is a pretty good and solid start to Mack in terms of innovation. Don’t get me wrong, Mack LSM launch coasters look pretty good, but for example with blue fire, its not something I would say “oh wow this has things I have never seen” which happens to me with Velocicoaster and pantheon. I’m sure that will change rather soon, but for now I still have Intamin as top 1 together with RMC. Mack isn’t short tho, its following closely.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Have we ruled out Gerstlauer yet? Parques Reunidos has a tendency to go with the cheaper manufacturers. I could vividly picture Mack or Intamin being involved on the concept stage, until José started calculating the hypothetical cost difference between them and Gerst, then converting that difference into Ferraris.

JFranks

Mega Poster
Have we ruled out Gerstlauer yet? Parques Reunidos has a tendency to go with the cheaper manufacturers. I could vividly picture Mack or Intamin being involved on the concept stage, until José started calculating the hypothetical cost difference between them and Gerst, then converting that difference into Ferraris.
No, but keep in mind the Parques Reunidos we know today is not the same as before. The investors are now completely different and stronger… so we can perfectly expect Intamin or Mack. Gerstlauer is still an option tho, never discarded it.