What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It looks better onride than offride for sure.
Still think the pointless brake is pointless and the stall is taken too slowly, ala Mystery Mine but it does look fun overall.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
Not too long ago I made a post in this thread about how I was losing my hype for this ride. I can now safely say that's no longer that case. Every element seems to hit perfectly in the on ride POV. Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

James F

Hyper Poster
Looks to be a great ride and as always the Intamin LSM's pack a great punch, while it's not high on my bucket list I hope to ride it at some point. I think the airtime hill and the stall look to be the highlights, as a lover of hangtime I am interested to see how it will fair.

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
When this and Toutatis were announced, I thought this one was going to be the most interesting.

As construction progressed I thought they were both very intriguing and looked evenly matched on paper.

Then I saw the off ride POV's and thought Toutatis might have it.

Now I've seen both the on-ride POV's, I'm genuinely unsure as to which I'm going to prefer. Which is exciting actually.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
It looks great, and it certainly looks like it's sped up a bit since initial tests too.

It's going to be a perfect fit for the park. Having been, I did feel like it was missing another major coaster, as I felt the rides they have at the park are nice and well-themed, but not particularly memorable. Hopefully, this will change that and put it back on the map for visitors.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I've been quietly observing this thread's development and speculation. It's funny how we still, as a community never learn to not judge a ride until people get on it... until we ourselves get on it. The pessimistic views throughout since it started testing are so textbook, it's actually a masterclass in pre-emptive conclusions.

I've reserved the view that this could be quite maverick-esque. The insane changes in speed, the smaller trains, the really whippy elements. I genuinely think this looks like a lot of fun, and maybe the most different of the new generation of intamin launches. I've had some friends say toutatis has already been overhyped, and I hope this coaster doesn't fall victim to the same thing. If anything I'd say the theming looks a little sparse around the course, but it looks like a really solid attraction nonetheless.

Last edited:

sergi1206

Roller Poster
Because in this final part of the layout there is a postshow, that seems to be very interesant, with some animatronics, lights and maybe smoke. I have heard also somo rumors about a projection of joker face in the smoke doing a similar effect to a 3D figure.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T Pro mediante Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I think it looks great fun. The brake on the top hat looks like it could give it a Dive Machine esque experience, which is fun and different. It holds good speed during the rest of the circuit.

There seems to be a bit of 'what if'-isms going about with this, but it ignores slightly the what we have at the moment!

JFranks

Mega Poster
this ride was AWESOME. It´s a blast and the hang time in the stall is AMAZING... I found it pretty innovative and fun after trying many stalls with the same sensation. I totally think it was a great decision to make it this way... it really feels like the ride wants you to fall hahaha. You will get airtime where it looks like it doesn't have any at all... as always Intamin is surprising. Really worth a trip here if you have the means and time! Also, theming and preshows, and post shows are pretty complete and impressive for a park of this size.

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
Now that it's open, Spanish enthusiasts are saying, the ride itself is great and overall a really good experience with the theming, queues, pre-shows and all that stuff. Operations are being efficient and fast enough so that the queue doesn' exceed 120 mins most of the time. There have been some issues with the on-board audio and there have been some moments it was down for maintenance, but overall it's not having big issues and opening weekend seems to be a success. A great job from Parque Warner.

Ethan

Strata Poster
So got three rides on Gotham City Escape today, front, back and middle rows. Went into it not expecting much after seeing the testing footage on here but blimey, what a ride!

First launch really kicks, far more than Taron’s first launch. The theming before this launch is decent and there’s a Joker animatronic above you riding a large gun, lots of lovely mist too!

The ride definitely needs to warm up but it gives very strong ejector on the airtime hill, the dive loop, the dip after the dive loop and the wave turn before the final launch. Wasn’t expecting the latter to give much, but it’s a quick and strong pop on that wave turn!

Also the stall at the end is sublime. Really slow hangtime over the pathway and you really have time to appreciate dangling there. Pacing throughout is also far better than I’d expected, although I will say the trim on the top hat isn’t great. On the back row it still has some yank to the drop though. Couldn’t hear any onboard audio on any of my rides until the final brake run though, sadly.

Overall, really fab, and I’d say if you’re in the area/in Madrid, it’s well worth it, despite poor operations across the board.

JFranks

Mega Poster
So got three rides on Gotham City Escape today, front, back and middle rows. Went into it not expecting much after seeing the testing footage on here but blimey, what a ride!

First launch really kicks, far more than Taron’s first launch. The theming before this launch is decent and there’s a Joker animatronic above you riding a large gun, lots of lovely mist too!

The ride definitely needs to warm up but it gives very strong ejector on the airtime hill, the dive loop, the dip after the dive loop and the wave turn before the final launch. Wasn’t expecting the latter to give much, but it’s a quick and strong pop on that wave turn!

Also the stall at the end is sublime. Really slow hangtime over the pathway and you really have time to appreciate dangling there. Pacing throughout is also far better than I’d expected, although I will say the trim on the top hat isn’t great. On the back row it still has some yank to the drop though. Couldn’t hear any onboard audio on any of my rides until the final brake run though, sadly.

Overall, really fab, and I’d say if you’re in the area/in Madrid, it’s well worth it, despite poor operations across the board.
I agree with you in most. However, I don’t know if you mention operations in the park in general or in BGCE, given that BGCE has one of the best operations in the park so far, and pretty impressive. Ofc the ride has a lot of downtime but it’s a new intamin ride so to be expected until the park can sort out the stuff. But that can’t be counted towards bad operations, not at least right now I’d say.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I agree with you in most. However, I don’t know if you mention operations in the park in general or in BGCE, given that BGCE has one of the best operations in the park so far, and pretty impressive. Ofc the ride has a lot of downtime but it’s a new intamin ride so to be expected until the park can sort out the stuff. But that can’t be counted towards bad operations, not at least right now I’d say.
No downtime on GCE today, but 80 second dispatches on a 12 seat train isn’t too amazing in my opinion, but I agree it’s still the best in the park!

JFranks

Mega Poster
No downtime on GCE today, but 80 second dispatches on a 12 seat train isn’t too amazing in my opinion, but I agree it’s still the best in the park!
Hmmm pretty sure it was way less this past week since it opened, def way less than a minute per dispatch, but if they are operating with 2 trains they usually take longer to dispatch given that they have been having extended delays with 3 trains. Idk might be getting used to new stuff will see how it goes and hope they keep the 1st week’s operations.