What's new

Park you didn't expect to want to revisit

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Ok, so some of the big parks you know you'll probably enjoy and could do multiple days there and enjoy yourself. But what about smaller parks you though you were doing maybe just for the cred or just for a random additional day that you then ended up loving? Which smaller, lesser-known parks surprised you and made you want to return to?

Off the top of my head I would say:
Slagharen- I'll admit I kind of thought I'd like this park before hand but I wasn't sure it would be enough to want to return to. Full of retro flat rides and the new gerst is great. Just loved the atmosphere of it.
Movieland- what to say about this park!? Everything is ridiculous, there's a speed boat ride, a crazy off road, no seatbelt truck ride, an intamin 1st gen drop tower and a lovely view over Lake Garda.
Moviepark- I like this park despite the SLC and Bandit. (Probably wouldn't do either again in a hurry though.) Love mtsyer river, op enterprise and the ridiculously bizarre bermuda triangle ride.
Bellewaerde- did this as an extra on the live with Ian, Rachel and Chris, we got treated so well by the staff and the park just had a nice chilled vibe with some interesting rides like the topple tower (weird), the aztec dark coaster, some nice animal exhibits and the surprisingly forceful boomerang.
Paultons- did this on a live too, didn't expect it the dino area to be quite so good. It has enough now to make it revisitable. had some nice infrastructure that they had clearly spent a bit on to tart the place up.
Dreamland- I like retro, as you've probably guessed, so this park was a predictable interest to me. I don't want to go back until they've got their new rides but I'd certainly be interested in hanging out there again once they've done their additions. There's not a load there but, again it's just a nice vibe.

Probably forgotten some others though!

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
As a new enthusiast I visited Knoebels and Lakemont in a day. Enjoyed both parks immensely and have returned to Knoebels many times and can't wait to return to Lakemont when they re-open.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I saw this as strictly a cred run and bail, but I loved it. The animal park included, abundance of shade, and a great cred and a couple solid makes it a quality park.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
Indiana Beach. Yeah, it’s a hole in the wall in the middle of nowhere but it’s like a county fair on steroids with actual good rides and great food. Let’s not forget Cornball Express, which is fantastically delicious.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Walibi Belgium.
I visited in 2015, heard meh things, and want looking forward to it that much. Despite it being busy, actually quite liked the park, plus wanted to go back when all Pulsar stuff was announced. And if Pulsar hadn't whetted my whistle, all the other new stuff would have..

Movie Park Germany.
Similar to Walibi Belgium really. Had heard meh things, didn't have high expectations, but then I ended up largely enjoying the park and would like to go back.

Pear

Strata Poster
I must be the only one who never wants to go back to Movie Park Germany ever again

Climb

Mega Poster
Toverland. I had pretty low expectations of the park due to its size and not knowing a lot about it and I was pleasantly surprised. Didn't get to enjoy the news areas or Fenix as it wasn't open yet, so that's as good of an excuse as any.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Waldameer has a small park charm that always makes it fun to get back to.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Nigloland, Movie Park Germany, Ocean Park, Movieland Studios, IMG Worlds of Adventure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Can't think of a good example, so I'll put a more sinister twist on this and name a park I didn't want to revisit, but then they announced something new, and duty calls.

Plohn.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I tend not to re=visit parks unless they get new creds, and even UK parks I go several years between visits.

Liseberg, though, is probably the only park I'd actively go back to even without any new rides, just because of how good it was/how much fun I had there.

Pear

Strata Poster
Tripsdrill is one park that pleasantly surprised me. I never knew how beautiful the park was and it has some pretty fun rides as well! I didn't have much time there as I did that and Holiday Park in a day but I'd love to go back and take my time to see the entire park.

I will always go back to Phantasialand even if they got nothing new as it's just my favorite place on earth.

Lofty

CF Legend
Grona Lund - loved this park much more than I expected to.
Movieland Studios - so f*cked up and great fun.
Toverland - thought it would just be alright, but it's just really great fun.

TPC

Roller Poster
Of course Movieland Italy. May not look much on paper but it's a fun park to be at. Magnum 2 is fantastic, beating the WDS studio tour by far.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Grona Lund - I didn't realise how fab the place is!
Movie Park Germany - The park exceeded my very low expectations! Plus a quite brilliant halloween event!
Liseberg - Knew it would be good but it blew me away!
Movieland Italy - Crazy, crazy park!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Family Park (Austria) - insane theming throughout and 2 of the best family coasters going (and one of my fave flats)

Potts park - Looked good on paper, and an absolute joy to visit!

Cant think of any more at the mo!

Will

Strata Poster
Off the top of my head, this will end up as parks I visited as a cred run that were unexpectedly fab...
Fraispertuis City
Plopsa Coo
Plohn
Bakken
Duinrell
Parc Saint Paul
M&Ds
Tivoli Friheden