What's new

Park of the Living Dead

Sandman

Giga Poster
Simple proposition for this thread. If you could make a theme park with only defunct rides, what would they be? This can include all matter of rides from coasters to dark rides and water rides etc. Let's see what nightmarish Frankenstein parks people dream up ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd definitely have to have Eagle Fortress and Moonsault Scramble - those two looked like absolute beasts.

Dipper_Dave

Roller Poster
Reel and Fun house from Blackpool for me...
Oh, and the Wild Mouse.

The Wild Mouse is not defunct! It is closed for maintenance I believe.
Log Flume from BPB, Texas Tornado & Wild Mouse from Frontierland, and The Bullet from Flamingoland.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^RMC SoB? Helllll yes!
It strikes me that you could build a world class park out of everything that Universal have thrown away over the past couple of decades, so as well as Dragon Challenge I'd also raid their scrap yard for Jaws, Back to the Future, T2:3D, Earthquake and the original King Kong. Alien Encounter from Disney? Yes please.
I'd have an area of the park called 'Schwarzkopf Corner' where the Mingoland duo and ThunderLooper* would reside.
*technically not defunct, but as good as.
Colossos. No brainer.
Slammer MK2 - with better seats/restraints and speedier mechanics.
Alton's flume.
And some other stuff that I can't think of right now.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Dragon Challenge
Son of Beast
Thunderlooper
Venus, Space World
Original Dodonpa (that counts right?)
Original Bubbleworks
Loggers Leap (assuming it's dead)
Jaws
Slammer (I hated it personally, but there's no denying people liked it so I'd give in to the masses)
The Efteling 'e' flowerbed that stood where Symbolica is now

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'd actually love to visit a park with all of Universal's former rides. To be honest, you could probably make a top-tier park out of all that and a few decent coasters. Stick it all in the midlands so it can undercut Towers ;)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Oooh good topic! I'd have:
- Batman and Robin: The Chiller
- Alton Towers Haunted House (pre-laser quest edition)
- Alien Encounter
- Energizer
- Grand Canyon Bahn and Gibergsbahn from Phantasialand
- Eagle Fortress
- Thunderlooper
- Bubbleworks
- Knightmare

rob666

Hyper Poster
The Wild Mouse is not defunct! It is closed for maintenance I believe.
Log Flume from BPB, Texas Tornado & Wild Mouse from Frontierland, and The Bullet from Flamingoland.
Oh dippy you hopeless optimist...the Mouse was closed for the last three months of last season, nobody has seen or heard of any maintenance, there has been talk of it going SBNO for the next season, and talk of a zero maintenance budget for 2018 was overheard in the Velvet Coaster over the festivities...I think permanent closure is far more likely than it ever reopening...let's just send it to the Park Of The Living Dead now and be done with it.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^^Ooh yes, Haunted House, good shout Serena. And Knightmare too - that could go in Schwarzkopf Corner with the other three.

Did someone say build it in the Midlands? I know the perfect spot... ;)

Edward M

Strata Poster
Surprised no one has mentioned Horizons! Looks like the best defunct ride, at least in my opinion. In fact, you might as well put in all of EPCOT Center from the 80s, since it's all about to be gone anyway.

My park would have (I also added lands cause honestly I'm bored)

Dark rides:
Horizons (New York World's Fair)
Journey into Imagination (Storybook World)
World of Motion (New York World's Fair)
Kongfrontation (Manhattan)
Jaws (Beachside)
Alien Encounter (New York World's Fair)
Tomb Raider Kings Island (Lost World)
Back to the Future: The Ride (New York World's Fair)
Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland (Old West)
Soarin' Over California (Storybook World)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride WDW (Storybook World)

Coasters
Eagle Fortress (Lost World)
Aska (Beachside)
Space Mountain: Da Le Terre (New York World's Fair)
Greased Lightning (Beachside)
Venus (Land of Tomorrow)
Dania Beach Hurricane (Old West)
Big Bad Wolf (Storybook World)
Dueling Dragons (Lost World)
Disaster Transport (New York World's Fair)
Dodonpa (Manhattan)
Some Kiddie Creds (wherever)

Shakey

Roller Poster
Oh dippy you hopeless optimist...the Mouse was closed for the last three months of last season, nobody has seen or heard of any maintenance, there has been talk of it going SBNO for the next season, and talk of a zero maintenance budget for 2018 was overheard in the Velvet Coaster over the festivities...I think permanent closure is far more likely than it ever reopening...let's just send it to the Park Of The Living Dead now and be done with it.

Come on Rob, let's have a bit of positivity !!!
The mouse will never die...

(or will it ?)

rob666

Hyper Poster
Hi shakey, nice to see you on here...I consider myself a very positive optimist...but from what I have heard the mouse is pretty much ****ed for good, not due to the ride being broken, but due to the endless litigation after minor bumps and bangs of softy punters.
Back when we were teenagers etc.

Dipper_Dave

Roller Poster
Hi shakey, nice to see you on here...I consider myself a very positive optimist...but from what I have heard the mouse is pretty much :emoji_zipper_mouth:ed for good, not due to the ride being broken, but due to the endless litigation after minor bumps and bangs of softy punters.
Back when we were teenagers etc.

Chuffing wimps