• Depends

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

mouse

Giga Poster
Do you buy park maps?
I do, um... there you go

What's your favourite park map?
Mine would definitely be Thorpes one, I just love all the people and the way the rides are shown etc.

TP_Gatemap_Asize_Artwork~0.jpg

Over to you...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I never bother to keep park maps, but I should start collecting them really. They're such an cheap, easy prize to giveaway.

Ollie

CF Legend
I have hundreds and hundreds and my massive drawer is bulging with them. I've paid for a couple of rare maps on ebay but they were dead cheap anyway and Jerry gave me loads of American ones on the EuroLive a couple of years ago. But yeah I collect them.
There used to be a topic where people listed which ones they had and how many and people traded them for ones they needed lol.

It's like Pokemon cards for theme park enthusiasts. :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I follow your question with another question: is the park Cedar Point?

If the answer is yes, then yes. :wink:

I have CP maps dating back to 1992, and have never really thought to buy any other park maps.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I pretty much always pick up a map when I go to a park, but I've never had to pay for one.

I don't collect them though, although I do think it'd be fun to go back and look at old ones.

peep

CF Legend
I only collect park maps of parks I've been to. I've got a Thorpe Park one from like 1996 and my Chessington collection dates back to 1997, something like that.

Jer

Strata Poster
No I dont, I dont collect them, and usually they're free anyway. I like to try and find my own path through the park, because usually the park maps are so over exaggerated it's hard to find your way though the park using them alone.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, same here.

A map is pretty pointless for navigation, but they are useful for ticking off the rides.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I collect. I swap spares with people, which is lots of fun if it's with people all round the world. I need to sort out my collection actually, because I've lost count of how many I have now. I have a huge box full of them which I can barely pick up now. I used to keep a spreadsheet, but... yeah didn't keep that up.

I've bought a few, all old ones. The best of which is a 1991 Lightwater Valley map with an awesome illustration of the Ultimate on it. I payed £2 for it. Well worth it!

I sell spare maps on ebay, and it's surprisingly profitable if you can be bothered. The other week I sold a Universal Orlando map for £9.50 to someone in Spain. Most go for 99p-£2. There's a couple of people who've regularly bought maps from me.

As for favourite map, I think it might well be Cedar Points. All of Cedar Fair's maps are lovely, but Cedar Point's is really nice. Parc Asterix had an awesome one a while ago that folded out in the most unusual way. Alton Towers have had some amazing and some hideous maps.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I also collect park maps as souvenirs and have thought of framing some but I haven't got round to it yet!:D

ZenakuShi

Roller Poster
I've never had to pay for one, but depending on the park and the 'pretty pictures' on the map I will get one- I have quite a collection and it is nice to compare older with newer, take the 06 AT and this years- completely different and better graphics, layout and ride art. I always do love how they exagerate the ride and try to put down how its actually like to ride it on them. Thorpes' is always some of my favourites. Did anybody notice that on the 2010 version there was a guy having a wee behind some bushes?

I literally have hundreds, that I keep boxed up in my room,

I literally have hundreds, that I keep boxed up in my room until Taylor comes round and then I pawn them off on her*

Haha.

Anyway I don't buy them, I think the only one I ever bought was a huge SFGAdv one for like a buck, and a big poster sized CP one years ago.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nope.

I'll usually pick one up to have a look at while I'm in the park, but that's just to kill queue times by checking that I'm not missing out on anything rather to find my around with. Even then I won't bother if I'm in a group of people and everyone else has them anyway.

I never keep them though. I could/should have picked a bunch up from various parks over the years for people on here to have a **** over, but to be honest it's rarely crossed my mind and I can't be arsed to carry them around anyway.