What's new

Park Employment

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
What are the best parks to work at for full time summer employment? Especially ones that have employee housing at a respectable price (ex. Cedar Point is like 30$ a week).

I was recently told I will be thrown out of my house starting memorial day weekend and I don't have anywhere to live until Labor day weekend.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
dropthefloor93 said:
I was recently told I will be thrown out of my house starting memorial day weekend and I don't have anywhere to live until Labor day weekend.

Make sure to mention that at the interview.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
At least in the case of Cedar Point, employee housing carries through to Halloween, the end of the season.

Regardless of where you'll be working, it will most likely be for minimum wage - so the real way of making money is maxing out those hours. Again, I can speak for Ohio (and Cedar Point), where you do not make overtime because you are of season employment; but man do you make a lot of money through a lot of hours!

You could also consider a year round park further south that would obviously be able to guarantee housing through labor day.

XYZ

Roller Poster
I heard Disney & Universal aren't good companies to work for because they have a lot of ridiculous rules, minimum wage, treat their employees poorly, they give out very little vacation time, and they give you very little benefits. And on top of that, it's extremely hard to get in.

Sea World, however, is a good company to work for with employees treated nicely, high pay, and give you good benefits.