What's new

Parc du Bocasse | Orochi | Vekoma SFC | 2021

Ries

Mega Poster
I never liked inverted/ suspended coasters. Maybe because the first one I did was Condor at Walibi Holland.
But those (new) SFC from Vekoma look really nice and I would love one nearby.

Ries

Mega Poster
It is weird though, that it does do the same 'helix' twice in a row.
Those are almost identical, as far as I can make up from the pictures.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A model of how the ride is being invisioned, sourced from ameworld user Teddy, who was able to get a tour of the site:

plx5l.jpg

JbWJr.jpg

Rb8kO.jpg

LbOoW.png

These come with a disclaimer of sorts, before people get too excited...

1- [This] model [is] of the initial project, it has evolved.

2- Do not think that the attraction will come out as it is, some decorations deemed to be of little use or impracticable will not be present.

3- Decorations can be modified.

4- The vegetation presented below is not the one that will be present at the opening (plants do not grow in two days what :-D)

5- The name is blurred on purpose, not because we were asked to keep it secret, but because it is only a provisional name proposed by the decorators. And as we know that networks ignite quickly, I made this choice.

(Bonus: 6- Please the colors are not burgundy and neon green but Chocolate and Mint wholesale)

There's also some photos from the site (there's a lot more from the link)...

2yGER.jpg

5p571.jpg

alXEE.jpg

And from the top of the lift:
elgEx.jpg

dlpEy.jpg

ZlVW1.jpg

I was impressed by some of the park's theming when I visited earlier this year, so I'm hopeful that this will be done well. My main bugbear come from the last photo, where you can see the back of the theming of Fort d'Odin, their recently rethemed Soquet. You could hardly see the back, unthemed walls from the park (only if you really looked for them tbh), but now they're in much clearer view when this area of the park opens up. Not a big issue, but still a possible shame.

Still though, this is looking like a great investment for the park, and really excited to see the final product.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Before this got built I wouldn’t’ve expected a coaster with this color scheme, but I really like what they did with it! I think it looks really nice and I think more parks should try out the “pastel” look for some of their rides.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This has been a very long week and I'm not quite firing on all cylinders, but I can't say I ever recall seeing the trains installed like this before. Bogies/chassis first then seats later. I feel like I usually see them arrive on blocks/frames and just loaded into position. Maybe it's not possible to do it like that with these coasters that don't have a transfer track or something. Cool.

And @Eyebrows - I agree. I think this actually looks really good.

Ries

Mega Poster
Before this got built I wouldn’t’ve expected a coaster with this color scheme, but I really like what they did with it! I think it looks really nice and I think more parks should try out the “pastel” look for some of their rides.

I agree. I think this looks great.
Something different from the screaming colours or the dark tones you see a lot.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
This has been a very long week and I'm not quite firing on all cylinders, but I can't say I ever recall seeing the trains installed like this before. Bogies/chassis first then seats later. I feel like I usually see them arrive on blocks/frames and just loaded into position. Maybe it's not possible to do it like that with these coasters that don't have a transfer track or something. Cool.

And @Eyebrows - I agree. I think this actually looks really good.

I can only think that to avoid faff, the park have built them deconstructed so they can do their engineering bits immediately (typically inspections require a down-to-bolts break down of trains annually, it may be they have done this from the start so as soon as track testing is complete they'll be good to open).

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Removed it seems, weird

Ahh, interesting. Wonder if it just wasn't meant to be released (because the park only want POVs when theming is done), or just wasn't meant to be released right now.

In any case: there was no theming around, so it was a pretty bog standard POV aha