What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Rush

Giga Poster
Found this whilst browsing online and it looks rather interessant.

23505d1289150987-neu-2012-b-m-inverter-parc-asterix-benj-1288803703-820306image2.jpg

If this is true, fantastic news for the park but also for Europe's coaster industry and I reckon this will REALLY place Asterix at the top-end of the European market.

EDIT by Ian: Image credit from http://www.coasterfriends.de

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I think this looks pretty neat.

The layout looks pretty funky and it'll certainly be a brilliant addition to Parc Asterix.

nealbie

CF Legend
JOY! This looks sooooo pretty - lake and everything <3

Also must be quite big, as that loop's very far into the layout! :)

Ollie

CF Legend
I still need to go to this park and this coaster may give me the extra nudge to go and get the credits. :p

Rush

Giga Poster
UC said:
No, nothing is repeated on this ride.

The first inversion is a sidewinder.

The second inversion is a loop.

The third inversion is a dive loop (first on an Invert?).

The fourth inversion is your immelman.

What's repeated?

Actually, the third inversion is an immelmann and I'd say the first inversion is a dive loop. Repetition shouldn't matter anyway. Montu, one the most raved about B&M Inverts has two vertical loops and Nemesis has two wingovers. Nevertheless it still looks like a fantastic ride.

Also it looks like it's the first B&M Invert with no pre-drop section, that drop looks amazing actually! I wish there was a clearer image of the back of the layout but it looks like there's a zero-g roll following the underwater trench at least.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
WANT!

That park does need another quality coaster... Ton of Air is amazing but everything else is awful in comparison... Add in their theming style and it should be amazing...

Least it seems my launched coaster curse seems to have lifted... :lol:

peep

CF Legend
Hell yeah, I really hope this happens. I spent some time earlier in the year searching the park's biggest fan site forum and all they seemed to talk about was this coaster, it's been in the rumour mill for years.

The layout looks different, it's a massive B&M invert and has an under water section and it's also themed to Egypt? I think I may faint at all the excitement this is going to cause me. :D

nealbie

CF Legend
peep said:
Hell yeah, I really hope this happens. I spent some time earlier in the year searching the park's biggest fan site forum and all they seemed to talk about was this coaster, it's been in the rumour mill for years.

The layout looks different, it's a massive B&M invert and has an under water section and it's also themed to Egypt? I think I may faint at all the excitement this is going to cause me. :D

Quite - my fanboyism for this place just went into EPIC overload, as I'm sure you'll understand haha <3

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's hard to tell the layout from the photo, but here's what I see:

Twisting drop, dive loop, turn, loop, immelmann, turn, underwater tunnel, helix, and then the rest I can't decipher. It looks like there is another helix and maybe a corkscrew in there though.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
This looks rather awesome, and it's nice to see that Parc Asterix is finally getting another coaster. The fact it's a B&M Invert just adds to the epicness <3 (Also means I'll have ridden an Invert that isn't bloody Inferno or Nemesis).

But as with all coasters, I refuse to see this as simply 'another credit' for my count. I'm genuinely excited about it...

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow. I hope this does get built. It is a pretty smart layout. The first drop looks pretty new for inverts too, in terms of it's just a straight drop that banks as it's exiting.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Antinos said:
It's hard to tell the layout from the photo, but here's what I see:

Twisting drop, dive loop, turn, loop, immelmann, turn, underwater tunnel, helix, and then the rest I can't decipher. It looks like there is another helix and maybe a corkscrew in there though.

I think this turn is actually a sidewinder or whatever B&M decides to call it.

Kinda hard to tell for sure, though...

nealbie

CF Legend
Yeah, with the inclusion of that sidewinder - along with Goudurix's Butterfly and Batwing elements, that view over the lake is going to be absolutely ****ING stunning <3