What's new

Parc Astérix | Toutatis | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Damn that's a shame.

Never seen that image of the layout before - really nice. And makes me even more gutted that it's being pushed back a year..

Ethan

Strata Poster
Wait, they changed the layout? That layout is completely different to the one announced a while back, right?

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Wait, they changed the layout? That layout is completely different to the one announced a while back, right?
Completely different is a big word, as all announced elements are still there, but indeed. This is not the layout from the video, but the layout that had been there before the video was shown. So in fact it's an earlier version of the layout

Ethan

Strata Poster
Completely different is a big word, as all announced elements are still there, but indeed. This is not the layout from the video, but the layout that had been there before the video was shown. So in fact it's an earlier version of the layout
There's no wave turn thing either. There was one after the stall if I remember correctly, just a tiny one next to the ground.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I spent a good five minutes staring at that rendering yesterday and concluded that it's an off the shelf model. Apparently Intamin also offers an extended model as well. The Parc Asterix ride is a modified version of the layout to fit in that pocket of land back behind Trace du Hourra.

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
This model is one of the first version of the layout. Since there's no good quality official pictures of it we usually use this in France.

Also the info comes from a TV Documentary about the park (not an interesting documentary btw don't lose your time by watching it) which stated at the end that the new coaster will open in 2022, at first we were surprised but an admin of Coastersworld got the confirmation by a HIGHLY reliable source. We don't have the definitive why this is delayed but the forest around the coaster is probably the main reason + some minor administrative stuff.

peep

CF Legend
This model is one of the first version of the layout. Since there's no good quality official pictures of it we usually use this in France.

Also the info comes from a TV Documentary about the park (not an interesting documentary btw don't lose your time by watching it) which stated at the end that the new coaster will open in 2022, at first we were surprised but an admin of Coastersworld got the confirmation by a HIGHLY reliable source. We don't have the definitive why this is delayed but the forest around the coaster is probably the main reason + some minor administrative stuff.

Thank you for the extra info! Was wondering where the news was coming from.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Completely unrelated to the coaster, but I'm visiting Parc Asterix next Saturday. I've bought a pass rapidus and was wondering whether each single shot fastpass would be time slot restricted or whether I can ride the coasters in whichever order I want to?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Due to the impact of COVID Parc Asterix are postponing their Intamin Multi Launcher again. Now planned for 2023.

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Although it’s completely understandable; given the mushy world we are currently in - it’s a little disappointing from an enthusiasts point of view.

I just hope the delay is worth it!

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Due to the impact of COVID Parc Asterix are postponing their Intamin Multi Launcher again. Now planned for 2023.
I’m sorry, this thing is never going to open at this rate!!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ladies and gentlemen, choose your fighter...

Phantasialand: We'll build our coaster and wait years before opening it
Disney: We'll spend years building our coaster
Universal: We won't announce our coaster but spend years building it anyway
Parc Asterix: We'll announce our coaster, but won't build it for years