What's new

Own any coaster parts?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Back in December, I went to a coaster enthusiast Christmas party hosted by local enthusiast couple for some general gooning about. While the party consisted mostly of being fat around a table of appetizers, watching Inside Out, we also played the best party game ever. In the back of the room, there was a table littered with wood scraps, wheels, brackets, and fasteners of every type. They even had a few tattered flags on the wall, and all of it was numbered. We were given sheets of paper and pencils with the same numbers and we had to guess which coaster the parts came from. All in all, they had 24 to guess and that wasn't even all of their stuff! Some of the interesting things included a giant chunk of Son of Beast's supports, a wheel from Mystery Mine, a cap from one of Trailblazer's little red rails, an upstop bracket from Thunder Run, flags from Legend and Kentucky Rumbler, and a bolt from Thunderhead. And seeing how I'm with Emily and we're both disgusting goons, this couple seemed like quite the glimpse into the future, displaying coaster parts proudly in their house and putting souvenir mugs atop their kitchen cabinets and sporting a whole walk-in closet full of gooniform. I had to go early but before I left, Nick (one of the hosts) took me aside to mark my paper and tell me which part was which and how he got each one.

We might not all have 24 coaster parts for which to play a guessing game at a party full of drunk goons watching Disney movies, but lately I've taken delight in the challenge of obtaining them for display around my room. Anybody else do the same? Say what you have, which coaster it's from, how you're displaying it, and how you got it.

I might be a bit basic, but...

*Son of Beast Bolt- Bought this when it was torn down, currently have it on my dresser with the little tag that came with it identifying what it is. I actually wrote a mechanism description on it for this "English class for engineers"-type course I took.
*Wood scraps from The Beast- Saw them sitting by the structure on a walkback and asked if I could take them home with me. Currently on my dresser.
*Kentucky Rumbler Bolt- Saw it laying next to the queue line and asked the ride supervisor if I could take it home. Currently in a shadowbox with the stuff from my BB/HW/KK trip last spring.
*Wood scrap from Tornado (Stricker's Grove)- Saw it by the exit and asked to take it home. Currently on my dresser.
*Wood scraps from Thunder Road- Saw a few of these on a walkback and asked the mechanical maintenance manager if I could take a few. Some are on my dresser but the best preserved one is in my Carowinds shadowbox.
*Bolts, nuts, washers, wood scraps, brackets, you literally name it from Storm Chaser- Saw that quite a few of these had fallen outside park property onto the road below like trash while RMC ripped up the old structure and filled my little car caddy up with them. I plan to put some of them in a shadowbox when it opens, keep some, don't be a tool to me and I might have one to spare. Currently most are still in my car, one was given away at a Coaster Crew raffle, Emily has two.
*Wheel shaving from Top Thrill Dragster- Saw a spot on the launch where a lot of polyurethane was being sheared from the wheel when it cleared the launch track so I picked up a bigger piece of it and took it home. Currently sitting in a shadowbox with the rest of my Cedar Point stuff.

Which coaster parts do you have? Post away!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I have a plastic wheel from Flamingoland's Bullet. That's it, I think.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Have an old upstop wheel from the Big One framed on my wall. Has Arrow imprinted so perhaps might be originalish and therefore worth more!

Also was tempted by a lifthill cog from Steeplechase.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I have a splinter from Goliath(GAm). Queue goes right next to a bit of support, so I peeled off a loose bit and kept it.

I also have a giant concept sketch for American Eagle at SFGAm. I got it for Christmas a few year's back, as many of you remember.

/basic

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I would like a wheel or something but not sure I'd get a wood scrap. Only if it was a block maybe??

How much are the pleasure beach coaster bits in their shop? Was wondering about this the other day.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^From what I can remember, Big One upstop wheels are £30, Big One running wheels £60, Steeplechase lift hill cog £45.

Thought I had picture of price list some but can't find it

EDIT: Found it!

Have a picture of the wheel up on the wall as well.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
During my summer at Cedar Point, I came across a number of "[Ride] Is Closed Due to Maintenance" or "High Winds" signs. We were to throw out all the old storage, so I went ahead and kept it. The rides are:

- Top Thrill Dragster
- Maverick
- maXair
- Millennium Force
- Disaster Transport
- Sky Ride
- Raptor
- Gemini

Casio

Mega Poster
Jarrett in my near 12 years of lurking on Coasterforce you are easily the biggest goon I've ever come across, I love it :lol: I don't own anything yet, but I'd really like blueprints or schematics, they seem to be pretty rare though. £30 for a Big One wheel seems pretty reasonable, I'd definitely consider investing in one.

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
If I recall correctly, I have a wheel from Polar Coaster (Storyland), a side panel of a Wooden Warrior (Quassy) train, and a block of pre-Wicked Cyclone wood.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Thekingin64 said:
^From what I can remember, Big One upstop wheels are £30, Big One running wheels £60, Steeplechase lift hill cog £45.

Thought I had picture of price list some but can't find it

EDIT: Found it!

Thanks for the photos. Now I want all of them.....haha. I love that they sell them though; catering for the nerds!

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I have mostly all of the pieces from Adventure Island rides and bits of theming that have been lost.

QueenOfSkyrush

Roller Poster
I have a few.

My most prized are the 4 pieces I have from Skyrush:

- A spring from the restraint
- A screw from the restraint
- A screw from the floor
- A wheel shaving

I also have:

- A bolt from Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland
- A piece of track from Mighty Canadian Minebuster at Canada's Wonderland
- A bolt from pre-Storm Chaser at Kentucky Kingdom
- A washer from pre-Strom Chaser at Kentucky Kingdom

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Jarrett said:
Back in December, I went to a coaster enthusiast Christmas party hosted by local enthusiast couple for some general gooning about. While the party consisted mostly of being fat around a table of appetizers, watching Inside Out, we also played the best party game ever. In the back of the room, there was a table littered with wood scraps, wheels, brackets, and fasteners of every type. They even had a few tattered flags on the wall, and all of it was numbered. We were given sheets of paper and pencils with the same numbers and we had to guess which coaster the parts came from. All in all, they had 24 to guess and that wasn't even all of their stuff! Some of the interesting things included a giant chunk of Son of Beast's supports, a wheel from Mystery Mine, a cap from one of Trailblazer's little red rails, an upstop bracket from Thunder Run, flags from Legend and Kentucky Rumbler, and a bolt from Thunderhead. And seeing how I'm with Emily and we're both disgusting goons, this couple seemed like quite the glimpse into the future, displaying coaster parts proudly in their house and putting souvenir mugs atop their kitchen cabinets and sporting a whole walk-in closet full of gooniform. I had to go early but before I left, Nick (one of the hosts) took me aside to mark my paper and tell me which part was which and how he got each one.

I think I'd rather go to a house party hosted by Jeffrey Dahmer.

I own nowt.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I used to have a load wheel from Superman at New England... but I traded it for a trip to Cedar Point in 2007. I also had a Balder hammer... that was traded for a shirt.

Uh, I've got a bolt from Serial Thriller at AstroWorld... Some wood from Mountain Flyer at Mountain Park. And I have a 6 inch piece of lift cable from Expedition GeForce at Holiday Park and, uh, a wood block from Tory at Toverland that has a stamp of the ride logo on it. When I moved... I got rid of most of my things

QueenOfSkyrush

Roller Poster
I had trouble adding a photo when I replied earlier, but here's the Skyrush pieces I own. :--D

11922954_10153657082114198_2577468803023132188_o.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
*slaps forehead like a mong and face palms* I forgot that I have several lumps of wood from coasters. I have about five bits.

Thekingin64 said:
Have an old upstop wheel from the Big One framed on my wall. Has Arrow imprinted so perhaps might be originalish and therefore worth more!

Also was tempted by a lifthill cog from Steeplechase.
I hate to be that guy...actually, that's a lie, I like being that guy occasionally...but I don't think disposable and replacable coaster parts like wheels, bolts etc will ever be worth anything. They're made in their hundreds and are supposed to be replaced. Parks that sell them are selling stuff they would throw out because they know they can make money from the goons. It's a bit like a football club releasing a new shirt with a slightly different pattern, they know the die hard fans will buy them. Disposable coaster parts do have a niche tradeability (not even a word) amongst goons but they'll never go up in value. But theming objects, or maybe coaster trains, seats etc, now that's a different story. Substantial items like that look cool and can be a discussion point with non-goons, so they have a wider market appeal.

I could probably sell my Bullet wheel and lumps of wood to a goon for a reasonable price but in the "real" world they're totally worthless.

mouse

Giga Poster
I stole some kind of sensor thing from Smiler's block brakes in early June last year, hope no one noticed!

rob666

Hyper Poster
A running wheel off the Big One Blackpool, that now has a small clock in the axle hole,
and my proudest possession,
3/4 of the Winning Post ("ning Post")
off the Grand National, rescued from a skip,
after the station fire about ten years ago.
It is fixed to the wall in my back yard,
about to refix it as the wooden frame has rotted away.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I've got a lump of wood from Wodan in Europa Park. I managed to get a piece from the first drop, which is OBVIOUSLY the best. I think it cost about 15 euros, bargain if you ask me.

It's got the serial number (113 of 2938 or something), Wodan's logo and the location within the track that it's from embossed on it. I think it's v cool. My friends think I'm a sadact.