What's new

Overrated Movies

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
I hate the Godfather series, all 3 of them, for reasons stated above. I find IMBD's list very accurate, and somewhat similar to mine. But ugh, Godfather as #2 and #3? Come on. IS IT REALLY BETTER THAN PULP FICTION!

mistermister

Roller Poster
marc said:
All the Back to the Futures are over rated, they were not even great in their time.

The Avengers, don't even get me started. Was ok until the battle where it became transformers 3.

Iron Man 1 and 2, just boring and silly. I actually liked the main person but just did not like the story and the fact that any one could just jump in the suit.

Up, hated it. The talking dog and the boy just done my head in. It's a shame as it started off well but went down hill very fast.

Brave. Worst Pixar film ever. Poor story and was just weak.

Harry potter 2 and 3 bored the hell out if me. Bad effects did not help. The snake in 2 looked so bad and the flying car in 3 looked like something from the 80's. I also don't like stories where they go back time and redo things. Yes I don't like Ground Hog day either.

Transformers 3 (avengers) was just poor from start to finish. Was not excepting much but got less than I was expecting.

Cars 1 and 2. Just found 1 to slow and 2 just lost the plot. It was like a film within a film, cars meets bond.

The Hobbit. I thought the effects just made it look to unreal. The Lord of the Rings I love and felt part of it but with this I could not connect. I think it went on to long and I started playing Candy Crush.

Seems like I don't like some of the biggest films of all time lol. Oh well they are my views.
YES. Brave was terrible. I left the theater so disappointed, yet it still won so many awards and got so much praise from just about everyone...

Jer

Strata Poster
nealbie said:
For me, Aliens is the most overrated film. It's basically to Alien what Jaws 2 is to Jaws. Takes an amazing thriller/suspense concept and turns it into a full on, in your face, action film. Which, whilst entertaining, simply puts it in the "socially acceptable sequel" category and not the "OMG AMAZING AWESOMESAUCE" one.

This, except I just thought Aliens was garbage. Alien was awesome, one of my favorite horror/sci-fi movies. But the second one was too much talking, too much nothing, not enough scary. Completely ruined a great movie. I wouldnt even say it had enough action to be called an action movie. It's more of a drama with some aliens, and action.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Not a big fan of LOTR, found it too slow and it's just not a genre that's to my liking. I guess I'd call it overrated.

Return of the Jedi is one of the weakest Star Wars films, but then again I don't know many people that would argue that point with me.

Citizen Kane, too. I get that it was a landmark film in that it introduced or perfected several new techniques, but I just found it very boring. You hear some call it the greatest film of all time, and while I don't know which film I'd give that title to, this wouldn't be it.

Jason Voorhees said:
I hate the Godfather series, all 3 of them, for reasons stated above. I find IMBD's list very accurate, and somewhat similar to mine. But ugh, Godfather as #2 and #3? Come on. IS IT REALLY BETTER THAN PULP FICTION!

#3, no. #2, yes. It's one of the most well-made films of all time.