What's new

Overpriced Food

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
What parks do you find have the most overpriced food and what solutions do you recommend to save money?

Pizza at SFNE is 30$ for a two person pizza. I worked as a Pizzaman through my last year at high school and 26$ buys a 12 person Party Pizza at most places (3 slices per person for 36 slices). This is a major ripoff. Most of the food at Six Flags is ridiculously overpriced. At other Six Flags parks I've been able to tailgate and eat in the parking-lot but at SFNE the Parking-lot is 15-20 minutes away. Any suggestions on finding cheap food or smuggling food into the park?

Tony

Hyper Poster
Six Flags is definitely the most expensive I've encountered at both Great Adventure and Great America. Both parks we went to Johnny Rockets payed over $30 for 2 chicken goujon meals which I don't think even included a drink... Ah well suppose it's our own fault should've learned the first time around :p .

But park food generally is expensive anyways but Six Flags from my experience definitely is the biggest rip-off!

nadroJ

CF Legend
All the parks in Italy were stupidly expensive =[ I find the UK parks are pretty good value for money when it comes to food and drink, as far as you can expect for inside a major tourist attraction anyway.

A

Anonymous

Seems like none here have been to Tusenfryd, HORRIBLE!!!!

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Flambards is VERY expensive for everything. I bought a discustingly bad burger, fries and drink meal which was tiny for around £9. Never again!

Colossus

Giga Poster
Food in the UK parks i have been too are not too bad, if iam going to a theme park i go in with the mindset that iam probably going to spend alot of money anyway. I get discounted prices on non brand name food at the Merlin parks with my Merlin annual pass. I will say that i recall Flamingoland being quite pricey though.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Agreed that UK parks aren't too bad. Alton Towers and Legoland Windsor (and the rest of Merlin for all I know) are doing unlimited Pizza & Pasta buffets for £8 per person (20% off for Pass Holders) which includes drinks - great value and good food too.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
All the parks in Italy were stupidly expensive =[ I find the UK parks are pretty good value for money when it comes to food and drink, as far as you can expect for inside a major tourist attraction anyway.

Italy was pretty god awful, and it was a damn shame seeing as the rest of the food in Italy was twice as good and 1/4 the price!

But I blame it on Merlin, food pricing at all their parks suck.

Miribilandia didn't have nearly as bad pricing as Gardaland.

marc

CF Legend
Legoland was the most expensive food ever, I remember the girl asking if I wanted onions and then said they were £1 what a joke.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah from memory for a tiny jacket potato and a tiny amount of beans it was £6 or £7 each.
And it was £5 for a small Hotdog as well I think.

TTDfan52

Mega Poster
SFGAm has some pretty pricy food. I just go outside of the park to Jimmy Johns to eat. Thats like $14 a day on food for two sandwichs, chips, and drinks.

Jer

Strata Poster
The worst prices for park food have to be a Dorney, $6 for fires, $10 for a cheese steak, and $4 for a 20oz Soda, pass on all of that!

Xpress

Strata Poster
pic1895.jpg

You are looking at a $16 plate of chicken strips, onion rings and fries. In reality it was ****, and overpriced, but not having eaten anything for 6 hours and having been walking most of that time, it was amazing.

Should mention sauce was $1.25 a piece, and they were small. soda was like $4.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
loefet said:
Was it £26 for that buffet? Something hideous like that. I seem to remember it was £12 for a slice of pizza, then a coke was another £4 or so.

However, Norway is very expensive anyway compared to most places for food (unless you're buying rotten fish :p ), so it fits that the park prices are REALLY bad.

Erm, but yeah, Tusenfryd is 100% the most expensive park food I've seen, trumping even Disney.

marc

CF Legend
tomahawKSU said:
Disney. I think $5 for a corn dog. That trumps all.

See for us thats cheap due to the exchange rate.

DLP was very expensive when we went as was Italy and Spain but that is all down to the rubbish exchange rate.

nadroJ

CF Legend
furie said:
loefet said:
Was it £26 for that buffet? Something hideous like that. I seem to remember it was £12 for a slice of pizza, then a coke was another £4 or so.

Ah, now you mention the buffet, I know it's not technically in park but the Alton Towers hotel restaurants are SUCH a rip-off! £20 for the buffet plus your drink! I actually couldn't believe it...