What's new

Overdone Disney and Paris 18th-22nd Feb 2019

Niles

Giga Poster
My first Trip this year, went with my family and gf for my birthday, I have not been to Disneyland Paris in over ten years honestly not much has changed but Disney land is a great park, Hollywood studios not so much.

Day 1
We woke up at 2am to get on the 6am Eurotunnel defiantly to early :emoji_sleeping: but no one else was there so it was much easier than coming back. After the dive we booked in at the Davy Crockett ranch and spent half a day in Hollywood studios.

Defiantly the best addition is the Ratatouille ride as it was the only great new thing, from the smells of steak to the sets of giant cheese this is my favourite ride in the park.
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3452.JPG
IMG_3461.JPG
IMG_3451.JPG
My two new creds are Rc and Crush coaster.

Rc is like a swinging ship, with a very short cycle, nothing special.

Crush coaster is better, but a boring queue and a ok dark ride section with an average thrill park makes it forgettable.

Rock n Roller coaster, still great even though its a little rough.

Due to A long day we only spent a bit of time here then went back to get rest. Honestly this park needs that update, everything seems tired and does not have that Disney feel.

Day 2

Disneyland Park

This was also very similar to what I remember but it had that ooooooooh wow feeling. This park is great and we spent most of are time here, it was great to come back and with the short queue times and a guide on what rides to use the fast passes we got on everything and a few times to.

IMG_3485.JPG
IMG_3509.JPG IMG_3814.JPG IMG_3587.JPG

IMG_3571.JPG
I've been wishing that Phantom manor would be open for are trip, it was not :(
After the fireworks we wondered round the park until a man told us to go, but it was nice to have a look round the park while no one is around.
IMG_3672.JPG
IMG_3685.JPG IMG_3673.JPG Got to ride all four coasters

Indiana Jones oh its odd, an intamin that wants to be a pinfari….why though. but good theming.

Casey jr , I rode this as a small boy from a picture I saw, but the past times I went as a kid it was never open so this felt new to me and its cute, The ride op looked at me and my gf singing the song and told us that the song will start soon. ( I guess he did not like our enthusiasm :D ).

Hyperspace mountain great ride but it should go back to the original theme, the overlay feels cheap and boring but the coaster is great.

Big thunder I forgot how great this ride is, my fav mine train and best coaster in the two parks, the drop back to the station just keeps on going in the pitch black and feels way faster than it is. The island surrounded by lake and the buildings gives it a amazing setting and a must do.

And the firework display was the biggest let down, as this is the one thing better in the Studios park

Day 3

Paris

ok so Paris, not my favourite city pricey, ugly, and the biggest overhyped thing on the trip.

Did the louvre, Notre dame, Eiffel tower and some more, there is a theme park but I let it go to do the other stuff.
IMG_3696.JPG
IMG_3704.JPG hay look is the painting of that lady :eek: wow a lady.
IMG_3730.JPG
IMG_3739.JPG IMG_3752.JPG
Day 4

Another day at Disneyland and ended with Studios
IMG_3628.JPG
IMG_3642.JPG
IMG_3654.JPGIMG_3903.JPG IMG_3585.JPG
IMG_3600.JPG
IMG_3661.JPG
IMG_3868.JPG
IMG_3894.JPG IMG_3884.JPG
The star wars ending show was great, really liked that they showed a bit of each film even the prequels :D "you were my brother Anakin, I loved you" the best part of the prequels.

After we got back we went swimming at the hotel, they have a cool little pool complex.

Day 5

After we ticked off some of the walk through attraction and redoing some of the best rides we headed back, we were booked in to go back on the 6pm Eurotunnel, even though we got there one hour before, due to the queue we had to go on the next one as we waited 1hr and the train was full of late people from early trains.

All in all I like the parks, wont go back till the new areas in Studios are done and I cant wait for the new Phantom Manor.

Thanks for reading and hope you liked it, first time I did one of these and next will be America new York state or north east UK trip. Also sorry for the images not all being so clear, I must have done something wrong but I had trouble uploading the HD images from my camera so just some phone pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3868.JPG
    IMG_3868.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3663.JPG
    IMG_3663.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 5

Niles

Giga Poster
Paris is ugly!??! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Maybe i had a bad experience but while there were some nice areas, the bits in between are made up of boring grey buildings, the Eiffel tower for example had mesh walls and the grass around was unkempt, for there main tourist hotspot it was ugly. King islands one is better and comes with admission to the park:D

At every tourist spot there were scammers, one grabbed me to put a bracelet on me and two others tried to scam us during the day, there was construction everywhere and rubbish. Compared to outer capital city's I've been to recently like Prague and Madrid it does not come close to being as nice.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Maybe i had a bad experience but while there were some nice areas, the bits in between are made up of boring grey buildings, the Eiffel tower for example had mesh walls and the grass around was unkempt, for there main tourist hotspot it was ugly. King islands one is better and comes with admission to the park:D

At every tourist spot there were scammers, one grabbed me to put a bracelet on me and two others tried to scam us during the day, there was construction everywhere and rubbish. Compared to outer capital city's I've been to recently like Prague and Madrid it does not come close to being as nice.

Must have been unlucky, Paris is stunning. It's shabby elements are part of its charm. Also... please never compare the Eiffel tower at Kings Island to the original... I mean... c'mon...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Been ages since I went to Paris, so don't want to comment on it specifically, but in general terms I think there's an element of expectation-vs-reality that can be particularly exacerbated in the most well known places. You see (and think) of all of these wonderful images of these famous places - could it ever really be that good? I think, however, it's important to be able to distinguish between "thought it would be better" and "it was bad". Maybe something that only comes with practice. :p

Niles

Giga Poster
I have been lucky to go to outer city's in France like Nice, Annecy and Strasbourg and there beautiful and i had a great time, France as a whole has some wonderful city's and nature spots that i would recommend before Paris.

I am willing to go and try it again but a bad and unlucky day mixed with over expectation left me disappointed with Paris, being told this is a must do before my trip i would have preferred a day in an outer city i had been to in the past in France or another day in Disney.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Fair enough. I also don't think that one day in a city is enough to know it well enough to make a conclusion...