What's new

Other changes at C:WoA 2013

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
We've had H&S here for the last while. There were a number of infringements.

I assume after the fall from the Tomb Blaster queue last year, H&S have taken a keen interest in Chessy and started to really poke around. Probably asked for appraisals safety, structural, operational, etc) to be done and recommended that certain works be carried out. Chessy mustn't have quite met the standards H&S asked for, so they've had a "get it fixed by xx/xx/2013 date or we're closing you down" notification.

It's not the kind of thing you tell staff, or the public :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Tbh they have loads to do and I would have thought there would be no way to do the whole lot in a few months.

As long as they do a good job I don't personally mind them taking a few years to do it.

Just get the park back to how it was as it was the best themed park in the UK.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Disagree. I'm glad that people are coming round to my way of thinking and realising what a **** hole it is.

Burn the c**t down and build flats on it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Balls.

Never been before, was looking at going at the end of the month for the sake of a new theme park to us both, figured although it was more child orientated than Thorpe it'd at least have enough charm about it to warrant the journey. After reading recent reports I'm not so sure now.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah Dragon Falls is open. (Well it was when I visited mid-April). Still a good flume, just pretty bare.

peep

CF Legend
Dragon Falls theming is apparently going up early 2014, so when they say Winter they mean Jan-May time.

Been informed that Runaway Mine Train will have theming added before it's re-opened so whether it'll even be open during the 2013 season is the current question we need to be asking. Then again this decision could have changed yet again and they'll open it up as soon as its taken down but I personally can't see that being the case.

marc

CF Legend
Tbh it would have been a great chance to actually replace the coaster with something better and move it to another part of the park or something.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Is it not a popular ride then? It wouldn't make sense to move it from a thematic point of view anyway.

marc

CF Legend
^But the theming as gone.

True there is not that much room there but am sure they could move it back a bit or to the right etc.

It just means that ride is there to stay for years to come if they redo the theming.

Was just my view.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
It's in a bit of a corner isn't it? I doubt they would be able to put anything decent in there even if they did get rid of the mine train

nealbie

CF Legend
marc said:
Tbh it would have been a great chance to actually replace the coaster with something better and move it to another part of the park or something.

On busy days it'll always have at least a 30 minute queue climbing up the staircase around the boiler. Guessing that around 800-1,000 people can get on it an hour then that's always at least 400-500 of the few thousand in Chessington queuing for that thing.

Surely it'd make little sense to take away such a popular ride?

I agree with Gavin regarding the park too. It's **** and always has been. If I didn't live 15 miles from the park I wouldn't ever go. Our family have always preferred Legoland too, it's a much better place to be on a weekday. Chessington's just conveniently there and free (plus it has zebras).