What's new

Other changes at C:WoA 2013

nadroJ

CF Legend
I pushed a bit further and was like, 'yes I've heard about the upgrade, very excited for it, but just wondered why everything has been taken down in the meantime seeing as it is rumoured work won't be done on upgrading until this Winter?' and I've been IGNORED haha XD

Nic

Strata Poster
^^ The application is actually for a maximum of 200 nights a year, not for 200 pitches. It doesn't say how many pitches yet. It does include a toilet/shower block and a reception building though, so this is a permanent feature. I had wondered if it was just to use it as a rally field (ie allowing a camping club to organise occasional trips there with no specific facilities) but obviously not

Pierre

Strata Poster
Theres a lot of money in it - the majority of Flamingo Land's income comes from their 'holiday village'. Will b interesting to see prices for camping when they're announced.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Re: Other improvements at C:WoA 2013

Radaxian said:
peep said:
Goodbye old theming...

DSC06516.jpg

Noooooo! This is not an improvement! The Transylvania area was the best-themed section of the park; and the Goffic BK was its' brilliant, dare I say - atmospheric- center piece.
Why does being a 'family park' so often transpire into 'making everything boring and bland'?

No no no no no. Why are they even touching Transylvania? My heart is broken :_(
Why don't they just paint the rest of the park grey to match Wild Asia and have done with it!
Can't believe they are ripping out my favorite piece of the park.

nadroJ

CF Legend
There seems to be a lot of upset over this in the enthusiast community, I wonder how the public will react though?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Maybe a few parents will shed a tear, other than that I don't suppose anyone will care.
But just why tear down decent theming instead of concentrating on areas that need more? *cough monorail* *cough the back of Wild Asia that's just a fence* *cough land of the dragons ending in nowhere* *cough the remains of toy town*
Makes no business sense to me!

nadroJ

CF Legend
I just don't understand why, if they're replacing the theming this Winter, they've had to tear it all down in the meantime. There MUST be another reason, I just want to know why XD

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re: Other improvements at C:WoA 2013

Mysterious Sue said:
Radaxian said:
peep said:
Goodbye old theming...

DSC06516.jpg

Noooooo! This is not an improvement! The Transylvania area was the best-themed section of the park; and the Goffic BK was its' brilliant, dare I say - atmospheric- center piece.
Why does being a 'family park' so often transpire into 'making everything boring and bland'?

No no no no no. Why are they even touching Transylvania? My heart is broken :_(
Why don't they just paint the rest of the park grey to match Wild Asia and have done with it!
Can't believe they are ripping out my favorite piece of the park.
You'll be delighted to know that Transylvania is pretty brightly coloured still, and varied, then?

I really like the changes to Transylvania. But I seem alone. I try to be objective about it, and remove myself from the nostalgia and think "what would children and their families of 2013 and beyond want." We'll see how the public and enthusiasts alike react over the coming years, I suspect that come 10 years people will be raving about how great the theming of the early 2010s was and how crap it is in the 2020s..........

Jared

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
I just don't understand why, if they're replacing the theming this Winter, they've had to tear it all down in the meantime. There MUST be another reason, I just want to know why XD

The only logical reason is that it has become unsafe, and therefore must be removed, but rather than have the rides closed most of the season whilst they fabricate it all, they'd rather strip it off, and let guests know they're doing a refurb, than leave the rides closed? That's the only sense I can make of it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I visited Chessington today for the first time in nearly 6 years. I still really like the place, but what the heck is going on? It's as if the place has been left to rot. Vampire, Rattlesnake and Dragons Fury ALL look disgusting, dirty, over grown and rusty. In comparison, Knightmare looks amazing compared to them 3.

It wasn't the 3 coasters either, it was all over the park, and it's not on really, especially when they charge over £43 to get in!

- Lots of stuff broken in Bubbleworks
- Random french style music blasted out around Transilvania
- Obv Dragon Falls looks horrific, but there is a sign saying that it's getting an overhaul, and it'll be completed next year.
- Monorail trains look derelict
- 3 main coasters all look like they belong in an abandoned park
- Sun bleached/faded signs all over the park

I still really like the place, but I'm shocked at how they've let it get in such a bad state. (And like I said, charging THAT much to get in when the place is falling apart....)

peep

CF Legend
With Dragon Falls now open work has started on over at Runaway Mine Train. When we saw it on Tuesday we didn't see anyone on site, almost like they had stopped working on it already. It looks odd...

935183_10152799253635360_256418388_n.jpg

390655_10152799256700360_765870261_n.jpg

600942_10152799256565360_1808461803_n.jpg

936860_10152799256645360_1918746866_n.jpg

945656_10152799256845360_263022726_n.jpg

Then we went over to Tomb Blaster and we found several workers taking away a part of the theming attached to the queueline. How much they are going to touch, how long it's going to go on for etc we have no idea. It seems like staff working on the attraction were not informed of this spontaneous work which is interesting. Why now? The ride was open when we got there but whether they'll be random closures etc remains to be seen.

302760_10152799256870360_2012619994_n.jpg

946469_10152799253805360_1342831784_n.jpg

945237_10152799256920360_1523058228_n.jpg

Stupid focus

397918_10152799261120360_1682581721_n.jpg

The yellow car outside Toadies crazy cars has been removed as for some reason the car boot was functional which meant kids were opening it up and slamming their hands in it *facepalm*

The park has also adopted spontaneous ride openings and closures. YAY! Upon exiting the park Jordan noticed one piece of A4 paper next to the entrance informing guests about this. It's ridiculous. It's not like half the decisions make any sense. Tomb Blaster closes an hour early along with a bunch of other rides. You now only have a measly 2 hours to discover the hidden Griffins Galleon and ride it between 12pm and 2pm. OUTRAGE!

marc

CF Legend
Wow things look like a mess :(

It's such a shame things got in this state, let just hope they put it all right.

It's just a shame that this will probably eat up new ride budgets.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
What the hell are they playing at this year? There must be a reason they're suddenly ripping down all of the rock theming. If it was just end of life, surely they would have had a better, more staggered plan in place, that encompassed the closed season?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
The sign outside Dragon Falls says they will retheme in winter 2014. I'm hoping that means this coming winter and not the next one!

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
The sign outside Dragon Falls says they will retheme in winter 2014. I'm hoping that means this coming winter and not the next one!
I'd assume this winter and meaning it will re-open in 2014. I hope...