What's new

Orlando, Atlantic City, Vegas, etc. Skyscrapers | ThrillCorp

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So apparently Miami is getting a 1000ft tall leisure complex, featuring nice views of the city, restaurants, a Sky Dive thing, a Flying Theatre, and most importantly, a 650ft 95mph Intamin Drop Tower, the tallest in the world:-
It is due to open who knows when.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Apparently this has been in the pipeline since 2012, and as of June this year there's been no construction progress.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Wasn't this the same place that's supposed to have a coaster winding around the tower itself?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
A bit of research shows that this thing still hasn't really gotten off the ground. They've done some clearing, but it seems that's mostly it. I don't see it happening if I'm honest.
This is what the site looked like earlier this month. The photo is from an article by 'The Next Miami'.
GzI535R.jpg

Like Vaugc002 has mentioned, this was announced a very long time ago, so I'm not entirely sure why ATI has made a thread for it now. It just hasn't happened. Reminds me of the Chicago Spire and the Polercoasters.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Can anyone find the original thread, or was it one of those generic "here's a Polercoaster that we'll never build" threads? Had a quick look and couldn't spot it. I'll merge the two if someone can find it...

If not, happy for this to stay as a reminder of how far-fetched these things are! :p Although to be fair, this might stand a better chance of the building going up.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah yes, let's merge them then. Cheers.

Also, moved it all to News & Rumours, for now.