What's new

Orchard Farms--A Patriot Amusements Park

What should Orchard Farm's next coaster be?

• Intamin Mega

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GCI woodie

• Intamin Impulse

• B&M Invert

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • B&M Mega

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Coming soon...the next big park from gopats1479: Orchard Farms! Stay tuned for more info.
Also, coming soon to Orchard Farms:
Shot0012.jpg

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Re: Coming Soon...Orchard Farms!

And I don't plan on ditching this one either: it's getting brought over to the new laptop.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Sorry for double posting, but I want to kinda reveal the plans for Orchard Farms.
The park is set in a former apple orchard with lots of subtle, but effective landscaping. The park already has one slightly themed section in the works, but I want to get you guys involved. Suggestions on how to improve the park are welcome at any time. Anyway, here's the coaster plans:
-GCI woodie
-Arrow looper (already complete)
-B&M Invert
-Intamin Mega/Giga
-Some kind of launch coaster
-Kiddie coaster
-B&M Twister
-Some other kind of launch coaster
I'll let you guys decide on the launch coasters. Here's the choices:
-Intamin Accelerator w/ Inversions (i.e. Stormrunner)
-Intamin Accelerator w/o Inversions (i.e. Xcelerator)
-Intamin Impulse (i.e. Wicked Twister)
-Premier LIM (i.e. Mr. Freeze)
-Intamin LSM Shuttle (i.e. ToT)
-Intamin Stratacoaster (i.e. Top Thrill)
The top two vote getters will be the ones put in the park. One themed section is in the works (World Expo) and another will be a waterpark, but the rest will be determined after the ride selection is finalized. Tell me what you guys think and it will go faster, I promise! Pics and POV of the Arrow looper will be up soon. Cheers!

gopats1479

Mega Poster

I did read your post right before-hand, but you had such good ideas that I had to use a few of them. However, I have no concerns that our two parks will be even remotely similar besides a few of the coaster types. I can change my plans if you want me to.

Colossus

Giga Poster

No that's fine, as long as you recognize that its my original idea then I have no problem with it. I dont know about Orchard Farms, but Pentney Lakes will take a long time to complete, I love taking my time with my parks and getting them just right.
I don`t really know your style yet, but I assume this wont take 5 minutes, so based on that, I think this will actually be pretty cool to see the two parks come to life simultaneously, it will be interesting to see how the same ideas turn out different.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Re: Orchard Farms: A Gopats1479 Project

Here's the POV for the Arrow Looper: Corkscrew!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gQN2eBCy5Q&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Sorry for the generic name, but it did take some inspiration from Cedar Point's coaster of the same name, especially the double corkscrew construction. Other pics of the park will follow, but you should be able to get a little bit of an idea from the pics in the video.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Sorry CP10, but I have to follow the trend on this one: if I build an Impulse, scw55, then you can choose everything--colors, layout, etc. This was such a good idea that I had to jump on the train. And this can go for all the other coasters too: if the coaster type that you suggest is chosen, you can have a say in the theme, colors, cars (if applicable)...well, you get the idea.

Snoo

The Legend

Not a fan of the ending.. feels rushed and.. meh. As far as the ride goes, not bad. Probably should use less B&M supports and more typical Arrow supporting on the higher supports.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

If you can get me easy-to-use CS that doesn't crash my game, then I will. At this point the options are B&M or wood, and wood is out, so...
Also, I didn't want the coaster to be too long, so the ending was the best I could do with that in mind. If I had put a little more time into it, then it would have been better. But thanks for the advice.
BTW scw55, you can vote for two launch coaster types if you want to. Did you have any others in mind?

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Update 7/27/12
------------------------------------------------------
There are a few news items for me to post:
#1: Instead of posting photos in every single update, I have decided to use my Flickr account to post all my photos. Here is the link to the Orchard Farms album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacobclark512/sets/72157630781439208/

[strike]#2: Orchard Farms is excited to announce their first themed section...oh, wait: it's classified. Stay tuned for more info, including a possible new major coaster, but I'm not dropping any hints just yet.[/strike]

[strike]#3: The coaster selection has changed a little bit. Here's the new lineup:
-B&M Invert
-B&M Twister (Stand-up or Floorless)
-GCI Woodie
-Impulse (congrats scw55, you got your wish)
-Arrow looper (obviously)
-Some kind of launch coaster
-B&M or Intamin Mega coaster
-Family Boomerang
-Other kiddie coaster
-B&M Wing coaster
The line-up was changed because 1) Impulses are neat and compact, 2) I can't decide between B&M or Intamin mega--they're both so good, and 3) I want to bring back the Wing Coaster and perfect the supports.
So, try to guess the theme and the next large coaster, and the winner might just get to help plan the second launch coaster or another major ride of their choice. Happy guessing![/strike]

I'm now changing the park strategy. The only coasters that are confirmed are a GCI woodie and an Impulse, but they might not be next. First themed section is being put on hold until the first coaster selection is made--by you! You have the power to select every single coaster that will be put into the park, and you might be able to help plan the themed sections too.
NOTE: MAKE SURE TO VOTE IN THE POLLS. THE PARK CANNOT MOVE AHEAD WITHOUT YOUR VOICE!

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Okay, some sad news for the park: it will be closed. I know I said it wouldn't be, but the lack of votes in the poll and my concentration on other misc. projects (not to mention the collab park) have resulted in the park's closure. Also, when moving over to the laptop, I decided not to import a lot of the CS I used for the park and I didn't feel like importing all of that CS.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Re: CLOSED: Orchard Farms--A Patriot Amusements Park

Hey gopats, firstly I want to say that I`m sorry to hear you have closed both of your parks.

I just wanted to take five minutes to give you a little bit of friendly advice.
I saw this coming and I`ll tell you for why, although when you announced Orchard Farms I was at first apprehensive because of the manor of it, I grew to like it as a nice little bit of competition between it and Pentney Lakes, every thing was going nicely until you decided to start yet another one.
So why did you open the second one? Because you were waiting on the votes, now I can completely understand that you`re waiting on the decisions of others to proceed with certain aspects of the park, but what you should of done is what I`m currently doing, worked on something else within the park that don't require input, you could of done all the landscaping, built some buildings, put in rides that you don't need help with, you could of started on your woodie, if you wanted to do the support work then that would have kept you busy for more then enough time whilst your waiting on the votes.
It also means you can keep people interested in the project with regular updates, meaning your votes would probably generate more interest.
But what you did was start another project, overloading yourself, nobody can keep two projects growing simultaneously its just too much work.

I understand moving computers and now your section of the collab park, but when that's done I would like to see you start again with 1 just 1 project similar to this Orchard Farms, I think if you stick to one project and not overdue yourself you can make a real nice park.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I find it impossible for myself to juggle parks. I focus on one park in till I get a new idea that won't fit in the park or I lose enthusiasm and then I start a new project.
I have hundreds of un-finished projects. Even that Intamin Park Contest Entry I did I deem as Incomplete. Mainly because I had to terraform to hid its incompleteness.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

I will start a new park after my first section of the collab park is done. And my entrance that I'm using for the collab park will be present in many of my future parks, albeit slight alterations. I'll start a poll for the new park's first coaster fairly soon. Please vote in the new polls! Thanks!

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Orchard Farms will now be reopened to the public this weekend with some renovations including:
1) refurbishment of Corkscrew
2) refurbishment of paths and other park scenery items
3) improved food options
4) terrain and foliage editing
The B&M Invert will happen at some point in the future too. Probably for the championship comp later this year.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Finally, after much waiting, the next coaster will be the B&M Invert as chosen by YOU!!!!!!!
This will be for BBH's new comp, so the themeing will be minimal at best. You will most likely see two different versions of this ride: one will be custom supports only, as per contest rules; the second will be fully finished and possibly themed. They might even have to have two different names.

So, here's where you come in: I need all input on layout and themeing (for the final version) and possibly a name that you can give me. I need this because I have been somewhat swamped with schoolwork lately and might not have time to complete this project by myself. Also, any help with Steel Jungle (as this is my first time using it) would be greatly appreciated.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Because I love how beautiful the default scenery sets of this type and it shows in my last 2 contest entries, Arabian.